November 22, 2014 | 1918 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Vive Pro Glossy Style Glossy Curls Spray Gel

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by angelalynnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't work at all for me. I tried it because I LOVE the VivePro glossy volume MOUSSE so I thought this might be good as well. I was wrong! It didn't do anything for my curls; it doesn't not spray out well-I instead tried putting it on my hands first and running it through my hair; still made no difference. The only thing it did do was make my hair a bit thicker; but it did not justify using it. I threw it out.
My hair is long, wavy and a bit thick at the bottom half, but thinning up top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Was looking for a cheaper dupe for Deva Curl anGel, which I heart for when I wear my hair curly and let it air dry. Keeps the frizz to a minimum and keeps my curls soft yet tight. this works as a friendly drug store version of my favorite gel, but I tend to unscrew the top, pour some into my hands and comb it through my hair for distribution. the spray nozzel sprays unevenly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on clearance at CVS for less than $2.

Gives a VERY strong but slightly flexible hold, the hardness can be scrunched out. BUT.....the smell. Not bad to my nose, but strong. And something in this triggers constant sneezing and headaches for me. Took me a while to realize that my bad allergy/headache days were worse when I used this product. And I normally don't react much to fragrance in products...takes a LOT of fragrance or highly allergenic stuff to set me off. So beware.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by MBART5

I've been looking for a spray gel for my fine wavy/curly hair. This stuff seemed like the answer but the scent was way too strong for me (perfumey!) and it made my scalp itch.

I'll keep looking...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually use the two part system of curls rock by tigi the spray and then the cream, and it works great, but it's very expensive, so I thought that I would give this a try. I was surprised that it actually produced and preserved about the same quality of curls for a fraction of the price and in one easy step. I sometimes feel that you have to spend a lot of money to get something of good quality, but this has showed me that you never know. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of the matching mousse, so I decided to try this . I love spray gels and use them occasionally for extra hold. This smells wonderful just like the mousse and makes my hair shiny like it says. Plus it perks up the curls. It can dry a bit crunchy, but when I scrunched with a bit of water, the crunchiness went away. At the end of the day, my hair was still soft with the curls intact. A winner in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use the L'Oreal Curl Vive spray gel in the white and green bottle, and I loved it. Unfortunately, it was discontinued. I tried Tightly Wound, which I think was supposed to be the answer to this product once the repackaging overhaul was finished. I stopped using tightly wound in August last year (see my review under that product.) Since then, I have used Curl Keeper and Out of Bed Styler, but I haven't achieved the excellent results that I used to get with Curl Vive gel, at least until this morning. I still used Curl Keeper on my soaking wet hair, plopped it in a towel, and then after about if minutes took it down to dry. I sprayed this product liberally in my hair, did the skip curl technique here and there where needed, and diffused upside down. My hair looks shiny, the curls are defined, the volume is good, and the smell was pleasant. My hopes are high for this product. I hope it continues to perform this well. Also, it is water soluble so it won't build up on your hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kunstgeschichte

I tried this product because I recently found and fell in love with the L'Oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss shampoo & conditioner. This spray gel smells pretty nice. However, it is VERY stiff! I used it on my hair along with velcro rollers and after it set, I brushed the stiffness out. It turned out pretty good in appearance. I'm not sure if it added any shine to my hair but it at least didn't take away the shine I already had, so that's always a plus. I can't imagine letting my hair air-dry curly with this stuff in it though, i'm afraid it would turn into a solid clump!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No