December 21, 2014 | 1786 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Peony

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really can't recommend this.

I have warm toned olive skin. The Peony swatch looked great on my hand, but on my lips it's basically just a really frosty brown lipstick. *Super* frosty. It's not a great look unless you want that. I have no problem with a little shimmer, but this just really washes out my skin and sucks the color right out of my face.

I'm also at a loss to explain why it's got mint in it. Who wants their lips to tingle? And the tingling sensation lasts a really long time. I also found this product to be quite drying.

I tried layering this over lipsticks I actually like to see if the money I spent could be salvaged that way, but it just looked awful.

I don't usually throw things away, but I had to let this one go. At around $5, it's not the end of the world - really just like a fancy coffee drink that I didn't like it - but all this product had going for it was its cheap price.

If you are a warm-toned olive, I do not recommend this product for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

Such a nice product. Looks really nice and shimmery on the lips, hydrates the lips really well, and feels slightly minty and tingly, which I like. There is one BIG problem though, and that is the packaging. The little bit that pushes the product up broke so I couldn't put it back down, and it's really hard to push down. But other than the packaging, it's a really great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

Got this on the recommendation of my friend as a dupe for Clinique's chubby sticks. I couldn't find a chubby stick colour that suited my tan skin so I turned to this. I must say I'm quite pleased with the product although the packaging sucks big time!

Colour: Peony goes on pinkish and looks a little frosty on my tan skin but I like it! Most of the reviewers seem to have fair skin but I do recommend this to the tan girls out there too. It feels minty when it goes on and makes my lips feel cool.

Application: I find that applying it on my lips right out of the tube leaves it looking uneven and "clumpy". Its much better when I use my fingers to rub it across my lips. The colour goes on better and looks much more natural. Also, I recommend not applying too much at one time because it does bleed a little if you over-apply.

Moisturizing value: Its a great moisturizer! My lips get dry easily especially when I'm in air conditioning. It makes my lips feel soft and its awesome that its 100% natural.

Packaging: The only downside to this awesome product is the packaging. I don't know if mine had a manufacturing fault or I managed to spoil it on my way home but the first time I used this, the swivel below broke and I couldn't get the stick back into the container. I pressed it gently down as this works most of the time on my lip balms but the product in this is so soft that it broke! and made a mess all over the top of my new stick! It was gross and I had to break off the top and put it in a separate box. I would've dumped it but it was quite a substantial amount that broke off :((((

I like this alot though so I'm going to try this in another colour and cross my fingers for better packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by SRO522

Who is this genius Burt person? Just kidding! Who doesn't know who this is??? He's a genius. This lip color is all natural, moisturizing, and adds a nice hint of color. It's the perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen126

This is a beautiful rosy color with very subtle shimmer. It is not frosty by any means. It gives my lips just a hint of color but not too much, which I like. Kind of like MLBB (my lips but better)! The product itself is very moisturizing and it has a minty scent/taste. Definitely a staple for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Noriko0205

Very moisturizing, refreshing, natural shimmer, beautiful color. I put this in my pencil case and put on all the time. I also put Lip Smacker "Dr. pepper" so when I want to make my lips shimmer, I choose Burt's Bees and when I feel like my lips to be just moisturizing I put Smacker. This lip balm has pepper mint effect so that keeping me awake in my science class :0

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by toriturtle158

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a huge fan of tinted lip balms, but this product is great! It moisturizes my lips, smells like mint, and the color pay off is great! My eyes are a strange light brown golden/hazel color, so if I wear anything on my lips that's too dark or deep, it makes my eyes look really weird. But this shade complements my lips and my eyes nicely! My only problem is that it's a little on the pricey side ($5 for 1 oz.), and as far as I know it doesn't have SPF. But is moisturizes well and has a great color payoff, and the packaging is super cute and convenient! I will definitely buy this again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by shannonrenee94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave this product and overall rating of 2 because it lacks what it says it offers. Shimmer. First off, this product gives great moisture. That's one of the only good things. The packaging is simple, easy to access. This product comes in different shades but I don't know why because it looks as if I didn't apply anything to my lips. It comes on clear, even when tested on my hand. I wouldn't recommend this if you're looking for something that will give you color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a sucker for tinted lip balms, so had to try these. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers do not come in the friendliest shades, but I do love Peony. It is so MLBB for my pale NW10 skin but very pigmented lips. Just gives them a little shimmer (not glitter!)
Ok, so changed my review from a 4 to a 5 because this is HG for me now. I put a little bit of my favorite lip liner on (Prestige in Silk) then add this on top for the perfect lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

Wow such a nice subtle color. Not too heavy and for once something that gives color and moisturizes! I used to have to put lipbalm on before lipstick but now i get both!