July 24, 2014 | 997 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Idol Eyes - Creme Shadow Pencil - Distress

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Pretty color, but frostier than I'd expected. Didn't go on smoothly at all for me; I had to drag it across my lid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color but it applies so unevenly; I need to use my fingers to blend it really smooth. Also, this shadow has minimal staying time even when used with primer. I applied it over UD primer potion (a known performer), and in only four hours it was worn and creased. No value for your money with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMiztress

I agree with other reviewers about how it's not comparable to NYX's Jumbo Sticks but it does have another use for me. I use it under red lipsticks to give a bluer tone complement my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I bought this pencil, along with the shade Pixie, at CVS for 99 cents. I was just browsing and thought these looked decent and for $1 I didn't have much to lose. While this product isn't bad, I don't find that there is anything that it does exceedingly well.
Distress is a really pretty color. I'd describe it as a shimmery navy-cobalt blue color, if that makes sense. It has a nice shine to it, but thankfully it's not glittery. It's definitely creamy -- it glides on super smoothly and deposits color evenly. I also like that this really brings out the green in my green-blue eyes.
I planned on using this most as a liner, but the packaging prevents me from doing so very easily. Unlike with many jumbo cream pencils, you can actually sharpen this to a pretty fine point. But the cap isn't long enough to cover this if the point is too high. If you sharpen this to a point and then put the cap on, it will squish the point down and make it flat. You can still use this as a liner, but you're just going to have to deal with having a thicker line since this won't keep a thin point. I've also just brushed a liner brush onto the product and then lined my eyes with it. This works well, but it's not always an extra step I want to add.
Alone as a liner, this actually surprisingly lasts a full day with minimal migrating and smudging. I wore this alone the other day (over a primer, of course) and I only had to rub a tiny bit off my upper lashline that had migrated upwards, and I only had to rub some that had smudged on my lower lashline a few times during the day. For the cheap price, I can definitely handle a few minor touch-ups throughout the day. Don't expect this to stay on your waterline though...It'll be gone in less than an hour.
This does work pretty well as a base, but it's not often that I need a bright blue shadow base. This never really completely dries, though. It doesn't rub all over the place when you blend shadows over it, but since it still feels gel-like once it's set, it feels a little funky blending on it. But if you're doing a super blue look on your eyes, this will increase the vibrancy.
My biggest gripe with this is the packaging. The cap is made of super thin, cheap plastic...drop it once and it's shattered to bits. I had to toss Pixie because once the cap broke I couldn't figure out a way to store this without it drying out. The lid to this shade broke yesterday, so I might end up throwing it out too. Sucks, but for only a dollar I'm not too bummed.
It was nice to have this, but I think I'll be trying out NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils before coming back to these.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by ucrgirl06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color, but terrible product. I thought this would be comparable to NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, but it's nowhere close. The NYX pencils are more waxy, so they last longer and powder eyeshadow sticks to them perfectly, so they are a great base. I was hoping to use this product the same way, but it's the worst makeup product I have ever purchased hands down. Even with a good eyeshadow primer it couldn't be helped. Eyeshadow on top didn't stick at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with a previous reviewer that these don't set, but they aren't meant to set. Like the NYX JEP's they are creamy and a bit greasy, and set beautifully if applied sparingly, a thin layer, w/ a shadow placed over them. My faves are the dark blue and gunmetal shades, which are great bases for a smokey eye, and will enhance any deep, smokey shadow you place on top. They are no more "greasy" than the NYX JEP's.And, except for one of the pencils, they are every bit as pigmented. There aren't as many to choose from, and all of them have a slightly metallic finish (which I really like), as compared to the JEP's.
These pencil shadows are well worth trying, IMO. They are accessible and very affordable, so what have you got to lose?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 3 of these Idol Eyes pencils as a gift for my sister because all the NYX JEPs I wanted to get here were sold out. Unlike the JEPs, these are absolute TRASH. These are my first ever 1 star ratings, and I have never been this disappointed in a product. I got them for 40% off so $1.19 each but I still went back to return these, which I rarely do, just because they were THAT bad.

I swatched these on my hand and they left a huge greasy mess. The product itself never set meaning that it always stayed creamy. This color was very pigmented and such a beautiful shade, but what's the point if it's just going to smear all over if you try to apply it? These are a huge fail by WnW and stay FAR FAR FAARRR away from these!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This metallic dark royal blue is incredibly beautiful. Looks like Wet n Wild's take on the NYX jumbo eye pencils, and since I have been so pleasantly surprised with this brand lately I grabbed it for $1.89. The tube is about half the length of the NYX pencils; same thickness. I wanted it as an eyeliner, and planned to cover it with a matching colored shadow I have from a Sephora palette (figured it would travel a bit otherwise). My eyes are green, and Distress makes them so lovely. Sadly, this product gives raccoon eyes :( so bad. I suppose I could get away with using it on my lids and protecting it from creasing with other shadows (I imagine Buck from the Naked palette looking stunning with this) but my eyeliner dreams are dashed with this product. I wont give up on it! Maybe I will just use it in my water line instead of under my lower lashline. Keep in mind, I did and plan to always pair this with a similar colored shadow, as I think cream sticks need. Even with that, it was such a mess.
MAKEUP LOOK SUGGESTION: I took UD in Darkhorse and patted my lids. I blended and filled my crease with a light touch of UD Freelove. Highlighted with UD Virgin, inner corners with UD Sin. Waterline was WW cream liner in black, and underneath lower lashes with Distress covered with a deep blue Sephora shadow. Black mascara to top. What a look! It was stunning, I must say. Until it ran all over my face.
EDIT: Using it as an eyeshadow base was really no better. Apparently no powder will set this, it's too soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great product for the price. I was able to get this on sale for only .99 at the drugstore so I figured I would just try it out. This is a great blue color as it is not just a stark straight navy but has a wonderful almost metallic quality to it. I have used this in two different ways. I have used an angle brush to get a little product on it and then used it as an eyeliner on the top lid and i have also applied a little to the outer corner of the upper lid and then used a cream eyeshadow blush to blend the product with another eyeshadow color. I think since this is cream based it is best to use it with a primer and set/blend it with a powder for staying power. I had no problems with it wearing off, I think it is a great product for the price and I would purchase this one again. I do wish however that there was a turning base on it to raise the product from the inside so you did not have to sharpen it. I will have to see how well this sharpens, sometimes I have a problem with the inside coming straight out of the wood of the pencil on cheaper brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by makeupcollector

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is just wonderful!!! I bought this just to try the color when I saw it at the store. I wasn't expecting much from the brand. but after trying it on, absolutely love it. it is comparable to the urban decay liners. it provides a smooth application, no tugging required. the color pay off is great & the color is just wonderful. I am thinking of getting a back up. I wish they had other fun colors in this. the only downside to this product is that it doesn't stay put for too long. But I still think that this is a wonderfl product for it's price.