November 24, 2014 | 1971 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Lightful Deep Ultramoisture Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I loved this and was actually great for oily skin too. it worked really well as a foundation base. It left my skin smooth and I loved the scent. The downside is that it runs out quickly and this product was expensive. I got mine for $70. I would only repurchase this if I was rich or if someone got it for me as a gift. It is a luxury item and definitely not a necessity.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by aliraza1234

Ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pentylene Glycol, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Polianthes Tuberosa (Tuberose) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Silk Powder, Tourmaline, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Hextlene Glycol, Magnesium Chloride, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylata Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Carbomer, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Algin, Calcium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Pentasodium Pentetate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Benzoate continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't remember why I bought this. Anyway, I started using it on my face, and didn't really like how it left me with a sticky feeling on my face, and it didn't go well with my makeup. Why I give this a 4? It didn't seem to break my sensitive skin out, it smells nice, it seems to moisturise dry skin pretty well.

My main use of this is to PREVENT discolouration that can appear if I for some reason decide to pick on something on my face (awful, I know). The thing is: it's difficult to get rid of discolouration that is already there - it takes time and sometimes even requires bleaching products. It's much simpler to just prevent discolouration. I do it with this cream: it prevents the damaged cells to overproduce melanin (which is the excess pigment causing dark scars). I just put this on as fast as possible.
OK all in all, but I don't think I would repurchase... I don't know.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this moisturizer for the past six months, I use it nearly everyday. I like that it's a lightweight gel that sinks into my skin immediately. I haven't had any breakouts from this. Right now, my skin is a little dry because of the winter, so it really helps with that as well. The only thing I think MAC could improve on with this product is the packaging, sometimes I find it a little unsanitary to stick my hands into the jar. Perhaps a squeeze tube would be better but I can overlook this one minor factor because I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice basic oil-free gel-creme moisturizer, but after about 3 months of use no lightening/brightening difference whatsoever. Would be much improved if it included a SPF, as not everyone (myself included) uses a foundation with SPF. I'll use up my jar but not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I really enjoy this moisturiser! I have oily t-zone but the other part of my skin is normal, so it has always not been easy for me to find a moisturiser that I like. This one doesn't only smell lovely, the texture is light and my skin absorbs it very quickly yet I can actually feel the moisture is kept in my skin. It gets me through the humid summer in Hong Kong, as well as the dry Italian summer. What else can I say? I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

very light moisturizer which is perfect for people with oily skin! i find it to be sticky at times but it absorbs very quickly. it has a light pleasant smell to it as well. i find the jar a little annoying sometimes especially because i have to dip my finger in there. it would have been a perfect summer moisturizer if it had some SPF in it but i guess you could always get a foundation with SPF to balance that out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by tiffany0794

I love this moisturizer! Since this product is a gel texture, a little can be easily spread throughout the entire face. It really sinks into my skin in the matter of seconds and makes my skin really soft. I really like the light scent. And because of this texture, it has really helped with my T-zone area; it's not really oily anymore. I think it would be great as a makeup primer and as a night cream. You can also use this as a day cream, but just put another lotion on top for sunscreen. Although it is not cheap, a little jar of this goes a long way. As for the 'luminosity' that they claim to give, I do not really see a difference since I only used this for two to three weeks. And I also use other products to brighten and lighten my skin tone so even if it did I might not think that it's this moisturizer that is doing the job. Great product and definitely worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this moisturizer for about a month (day & night) and i must say...i reeeeaaallly like it :) First off..the packaging is really cute. Metallic box and container with a white lid. Wish it came with a scooper so i don't have to dip my fingers in.
The scent is very nice also. I guess you could say floral. I love the texture. It's between a gel and cream in consistency yet leaning more toward a gel. It spreads really smoothly and easily, so there will be no tugging at your skin. It sinks in fast and doesn't leave your face or hands feeling sticky. So far so good. I can tell that it has brightened up my skin over the past month which is cool. The texture of my skin is also really nice. Looks luminous even with lack of sleep. Haven't broken out nor gotten clogged pores since using it which is also a plus. As for moisturizing...on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the most moisturizing i would rate this a solid 6. Makes an awsome moisturizer for the spring and summer but i doubt i could get away with just using this in the winter. If your looking for something to add some "comfortable" moisture i would consider this. I think im gonna try the Chanel Hydramax Gel Cream and see how it compares since im a product junkie hehehe but i do really love this moisturizer :).

UPDATE: So i had to remove two lippies because this does actually clog pores a bit. It started to make my forhead and the areas on the sides of my chin less smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great moisturizer, great gel consistency and soothing. First time i used this, i thought this was kind of stinky, but it sunk in and left my rough skin feeling smooth and soft. It lightened my dark acne spots and the slight darkness around my mouth. It has also brightened my complexion and now i have that pretty, dewy skin i've thought i'd never have. oh, and this all in one night by the way! I'll have to come back and update on my thoughts later and how long it lasts because the price is killing me. but if it lasts 4-5 months or longer i'll definitely be repurchasing!

UPDATE: READ
i returned this! this helped me bring my skin back to perfectly clear after getting a bit of acne (downside of being a teen) but it stung! that's basically all i can say about it but who would want a moisturizer that stings?