October 2, 2014 | 1829 users online

Scrubs - The Original Skin Store - Microderm Crystals

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 7:32:00 AM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have big pores and very oily skin. Got this as a sample when I ordered acne stop, great product very fine crystals, I first stated using this on it's own and scrubbed a little to hard, however I only use a little tiny bit mixed with my Simple pure soap and never has my face been so less oily, fees clean fresh, smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Nybelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best scrub ever. I like that you can mix it with your favorite cleanser and increase/ decrease it's intensity. This is the only scrub that will reveal brighter skin immediately. Especially if you use the Acne Stop, you will experience flaking skin. You can use the scrub daily and it will remove all dead, flaking skin. This scrub is a must have for anyone using glycolic products and experiencing peeling, flaking skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I ordered the Acne Stop, I also received a complimentary small plastic baggie of these inconspicuous looking sandy white grains, called "microderm crystals". Being a seasoned skincare person, I had a couple of scrubs in my arsenal already so I ignored them for a few days. Then, after using Acne Stop a bit too much, disaster struck - the peelies and flaking started full force, skin dry and taut and clinging to my face even as it flaked, it was difficult to put make-up on it because it was so dry I just looked like a leprous lizard!

I tried all the scrubs I had (from a washcloth and my cleanser, Murad's AHA/BHA Exfoliating Scrub, a facial buff puff and cleanser, DDF's Brightening Cleanser, Origin's scrub). I even tried peeling the skin off by force, which was a horrible and futile attempt. I was about to call a facial center to request emergency microdermabrasion to get everything gross off, when I spotted the baggie. In my desperation, I opened that little baggie, placed a chunk of grains directly onto my face, and started scrubbing away as instructed (which just enough water to dampen my skin). MIRACLE of MIRACLES. The crystals are super fine and small, and gently got rid of ALL the flakes. I repeat, ALL of them, with a little elbow grease, in minutes. My face was full of fresh new albeit a bit red skin, and felt amazingly soft.

These crystals are apparently exactly the same crystals used in real microdermabrasion procedures. Trust me, I've had more packages of microdermabrasions than I can mention thanks to my annoyingly problematic skin, and I could have saved myself a lot of money had I known about this earlier. The results of this and a professional microderm are EXACTLY THE SAME. I feel slightly cheated knowing this now, but absolutely thrilled that I can finally begin to save some money.

I love these, will retire all my other scrubs, and put this one on the darned pedestal it deserves. I will be recommending it to everyone I see, and purchasing it until I die. Seriously, HG scrub.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No