November 27, 2014 | 1693 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy Airbrush Spray Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Love this! I have it in medium. Only problem is, I got it on discount 2 years ago at cvs for $2 and now to repurchase it is like $15. It is a lighter coverage foundation but covers everything needed, I spray it on my hand and use a stippling brush with it. It goes on very smooth and just covers up nicely with a dewy, non matte finsih. I find even when i put blush over it it "sticks" to the dewyness and gives a nice look/finish. It wont cover up severe marks or blemishes though and it doesnt last super long, but i still love the lightness and look of this spray. This has a strong smell for those sensitive to that. I have it in medium and i am nc30-35.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by beccaisapunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have had bad luck with BB creams, I don't like the way they sit on my skin. ect. I bought this at some discount store like a year ago. I barely used it since I bought like a whole bunch of foundations [I grabbed this for like 2 bucks] It looked like it had been used when I got it but for two bucks I don't care, besides it's a spray bottle, with other foundations I wouldn't use it if it had been tampered with but w/e.
Anyhow, I had used it on an off at the time I wasn't really into makeup so it was whatever.
But, not I'm suddenly obsessed with makeup and I like to wear it everyday. However, I don't like wasting my foundation that is my go to, because it tends to break me out if I use it EVERY DAY. So, I figured I'd tamper with this stuff since it's lighter.
Honestly, this is a good replacement if you like lighter coverage that really brightens your skin. Obviously, you might could build this stuff up. But I just like taking primer, concealer where I need it, spray this on my cheeks, blend in with a stippling brush, and putting just a tiny bit of foundation powder [in porcelain] and then blending back in. I have this in light and I'm out like 3 days into really using this stuff so I'm bummed, but like I said I had used it on and off for a year.
Really is a great thing, it makes your skin looks airbrushed to a degree, easy to apply.
Only CON: SMELL. It may have been from me having it a year but... it smelt like pickles. Which is not what I want on my skin. It went away after a few minutes but, it was extremely annoying and overwhelming. But, I guess that's the price you pay to look good.
I have skin that is light in the winter but goldens right up in the summer, I wouldn't use this from going to the beach, and I don't see this having much of a shimmer or BRIGHTNESS to it like some other foundations, but as I said I just use it when I like to look light, natural, and airy. I wouldn't use this if I was going for a "knockout" look.
But good alternative to a BB cream, with obviously more coverage, blends very well, not clogging, and TOTALLY not oily or anything.
Hoping to get my hands on some more of this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Pandypop1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this would be great but when i got the shade light i realized it still looked orange :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by 75heather

I like this product it is light and airy on my skin.I hate heavy makeup feel. If you need extra cover for redness or blemishes you need for follow with a concealer. That always goes on last.then your powder to set everything, hope this helps.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sometimeinseptember

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in light (I'm very pale) and it was still too dark for me. It would be useful if there were more shades because "light" was too orangey on my face.

First, I'll tell you that I have very bad skin. Acne scars, 1 or 2 blemishes, and my skin is very oily in some areas and very dry in others, especially now during the cold season. So, take anything I say considering this. I hardly judge foundations harshly, simply because I'm aware of how difficult my face is to leave looking flawless and matching very light skin tone all at once.

I tried this and immediately two things stood out to me. One, it feels so light and natural on my skin as if I'm wearing nothing at all. Two, it evens out my face and erases redness, but barely had any coverage. The consistency is watery, not thick, which i could appreciate. This makes it easy to add more if you need it, but after I applied more to cover my imperfections, it didn't do anything. It didn't cover. That's really important for me. Even though I can't buy this again for myself, I know if I had no scars or blemishes, only uneven tone and redness, it would be my favorite product from a drugstore.

When I went out with it during the day, I noticed how orange my face was. My undertones are not yellow, and so it didn't not look good on my skin. The line between my face and neck was very obvious and ugly.

I'm rating this foundation a 3 because it didn't work well on my skin, but I can see how it would be a perfect foundation for someone looking for a light and natural face. I ended up giving it to my mom. She's in her 50s and has no blemishes. She has perfect skin with minor discoloration and wrinkles. It looked great on her and made her skin very matte. This is for those of you who have a naturally greasy face, this product is worth checking out. It's affordable and you'll find it at CVS pharmacy if you look hard.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by aeb5042

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome airbrushed look for the price. Product offers great coverage; however, you go though the tiny can quick! I have extremely oily skin, and this makeup actually lasts all day (with a powder touch up here & there.) When applying, you have to be careful & cover up your hair, brows, and lashes because this stuff really sticks! (I don’t apply with my fingers like the instructions say-tends to look more cakey & define lines.) After usage, be sure to wash your face thoroughly because the intense coverage may cause breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by orch_id

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this stuff so much, i tend to hoard bottles of it because i know one of these days when i go to order it, it will be all gone :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Found it too orange for my extremely pale skin and it felt too tacky. Too bad bc it was convinent for me to put on :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a makeup artist and I do mostly weddings and photography. I have not gotten into air brushing (yet) but was just using a regular liquid foundation for clients. I wanted to try something new and my local drugstore started to carry this line and I was really excited to try it.

I apply it with a sponge and press it into their skin lightly. The shades are great and match really well with many different types of skin tones. It blends really nice into the skin and leaves a flawless finish. Its medium coverage but I find its just enough to even out your skintone without caking on makeup. Brides have commented that it feels very light on their skin which I think its very important if you don't wear makeup a lot and if you are getting married during prime wedding season of summer.

Brides have also came back and said that this foundation lasted all through the night (I use an Arbonne primer under and set it with MAC Prep & Prime Setting Powder). One bride even had a consultation at a high end makeup counter and said she was shiny within a couple of hours but not with this foundation - she was still flawless at 3AM. I have seen this foundation in pictures and it photographs beautifully!

I took off a lipstick for a few small reasons - the smell is very strong and gas-like and the price was ridiculous at $21.99 for just 1! When I ran low on my "light" shade I went back and my drugstore informed me that they weren't sure if they were getting any more back in stock so now I have to order it online which is a pain.

I will repurchase this if and when I can get my hands on it again and for now this is my HG foundation for brides/photography because it is the closest you will get to the airbrushed look. Those of you who are having dry spot problems - its probably not the foundation but your skin. Make sure you moisturise well and pay particular attention places that may be drier than others. I've had a lot of clients/experience and any foundation will stick to dry skin if its not properly moisturised.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I NEVER HATED A drug store foundation as much as i do this...
this MADE EVERY THING appear as if you were 2 inches away from my face. YOU COULD SEE EVERY dry PATCH AND it hi-lighted my pores and mini pits on my face...
it screamed hey! LOOK at my dry patches!!!!!

coverage was sheer, to me anyway, I applied it with my flat top dior brush like i do with my dior airflash. it did not work the same way..its one of those that made my skin look worse after make-up!!!! NEVER AGAIN!