November 26, 2014 | 1727 users online

Crème - Cle de Peau - Cream Foundation SPF 18

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE:
Actually, this DID end up breaking me out.... I am almost glad it did, now I don't have to be sad that I can't buy it because its so expensive! XD
3/5

********
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $90 flippin' US dollars. I got this as a present from a woman who works for the company, and she gets this stuff for free!
COVERAGE: Medium-Full coverage! Covers all my flaws, except large active pimples.
FINISH: Semi-matte natural finish. Its very natural, but flawless looking at the same time. You must exfoliate before applying though, it can accentuate dry patches.
TEXTURE: Creamy, but not thick and greasy like other creams.
SCENT: Yes, it smells like sunscreen
SPF: 18
LASTING POWER: This is why I love this so much! It honestly lasts a great long while, although I do use primer. Probably keeps me from getting oily for about 6 hours, but stays on my face for 10 hours. It also keeps my skin very hydrated.
SHADES: I think I have this in B10? Its waay too light for me. From what I see on their website, their range of shades are not too impressive :/
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope!
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: No :( TOO EXPENSIVE
FINAL VERDICT: If this wasn't so ridiculously expensive, I would repurchase this over and over again. I love it so much! WHY CANT I BE RICH! T~T
If you can afford this, definitely try it out. I think it is great for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kozley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, wow, wow......I am in love! Oily-skinned ladies, this is the HG!

I get beautiful coverage with reduced shininess that truly lasts all day. I am no longer a greaseball after 2 hours and actually have matte skin for the first time in my life.

This beautiful coverage does take more effort than most foundations and after using this product for a few months, I have finally figured out what works best for me:
• I stipple it on with a MAC 187 (check youtube for some great videos).
• Less is more. I only use the recommended 2-3 drops, any more and you will look cakey. I typically use 2 drops to cover my face and a 3rd drop to add to any areas needing extra coverage.
• It dries pretty quickly so I find it best to work in sections.
• It is very matte, which I found frightening at first because my skin is so oily that I had never seen it matte before. So, I set it with La Mer loose powder in translucent. I believe these 2 products are soulmates, they work wonderfully together. The La Mer powder has a very slight sparkle to it that really warms up the skin and it is so finely milled that it never appears cakey or heavy. I also continue to warm up my complexion with bronzer, blush, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by snow_icw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried so many foundations and never come cross anything amazing like this. Even though the name said it's cream foundation, but it's not heavy nor oily/rich at all. The BA said it's a full-coverage fdt and it's really is. This cream fdt goes one quite matte and I don't really have to blend it at all, just put 5 dots and spread it ... you'll be amazed how thin it is. I got some pigmentations on my cheek and this fdt covers everything, I don't even need a concealor for my under eye circles. I have combination-oily skin and this product never make my skin looks oily (unlike the cle de peau fluid fdt which leaves my face looking really shiny). Price is reasonably high but it's worth every penny if you wanna look flawless! and I really mean FLAWLESS!! It's much much better than many brands out there that claim to give you the photo-finished or flawless skin. If you have money to invest, go for it and you wont be disappointed.
CONS: I don't think ppl with dry skin will love it as much as I do because as I mentioned, it's quite matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by scanmike

This is outrageously expensive, but I got to say it's amazing. I have tried the Chanels's, Laura Mercier, Chantecaille Future Skin and La Mer. This covers up any pigmentation without looking heavy on the face. I just returned Future Skin by Chantecaille because while nice, it tended to accentuate my pores. This feels so much lighter on the face than Chantecaille's Future Skin. Gives a flawless look to my not so flawless skin. Also love La Mer so I am deciding between the two for my daughter's upcoming outdoor wedding where I want that more natural look which both of these give. I got the new packaging on another site for much less so it didn't hurt that much. But given the full price, I would probably have to rethink buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by AyalaH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation during a trip to NY to have a good alternative to my La Prairie Cellular Treatment powder foundation, which I found a bit too powdery at times. La Creme is a great skin tone match (I have I10). It it not so easy to spread due to its thick texture (I apply it with my fingers) but I would probably get a better result by using a primer and/or a sponge or a brush. I wore it from October until February but noticed that it tends to accentuate dry patches I have on my cheeks due to acne treatments. Conceals well and achieves natural look when applied sparsely. Overall a good foundation but outrageously priced like all Cle de peau products (the salesladies at Sak's just talked me into buying the powder luxury case at USD 175 before taxes and a blush along this foundation !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by pinkbooknyc

After using this foundation, I could never use anything else. Not only is the coverage for this fantastic, but it makes my skin look flawless. I have hyperpigmentation and discolorations on my face, but this foundation is really fantastic. It is super expensive, but then again, no other foundation I've used has ever come close to making my skin look so perfect. In the summer, when my skin tends to be a little more oily, it is still great. I have all my friends on this foundation and though it's pricey, this one is definitely worth it and also lasts forever (when you run low, you can even flick the plastic cap off and scrape away at the insides. to make my skin look even more perfect, I finish off with either the translucent loose powder (more for a porcelain look) or the new powdery foundations (more of a tan/glowing look).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't think I will ever use another foundation. I've been using it for almost a year now, and I'm still on the same one... I don't need much of this product and it lasts almost FOREVER.... a small, not even a penny-size amount is necessary each day to completely cover my face. It looks completely natural on, and has a nice, creamy, moisturized, but not thick feeling. It wears ALL day, and never transfers. It also looks extremely natural, like I'm not wearing any foundation. I can't see that even from sweating in Florida, from being outside all day, that it beads up or looks unnatural in any way. I would never even bother to try another foundation, and the shade matches my complexion perfectly. The best!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cleargloss

When I first got this I wasn't sure. I have basically normal skin but I am doing the Obagi C-rx system as well as Latisse so I have some dryness in general (only 3 weeks in) and especially around my eyes. I applied this with my fingers first, using only a little and was not impressed. I tried it with my Beauty Blender and again, not too impressed. Then I tried it with my MAC 187 brush, stipling and working relatively quickly....Amazing! I applied all my C-rx products, then sunscreen and then MAC Strobe Cream--followed immediately by the CdP. My skin looks very natural and very glow-y. I am so happy, I really wanted to love this, and I am so glad that I do. It is very true that a little goes a very long way, and if you use too much it doesn't look good AT ALL. I am an aesthetician and I even youtubed stipling with the 187 just to refresh, and found that that was helpful. The cool thing about this is also the twist up dispense--you can click desired number of times (I do 2 maybe 3) and then dip your brush right in the product. I wash my brushes often so I don't worry about contamination.
I have medium skin with some freckles (hence the Obagi) and I love the O30, nice yellow base without looking jaundice.
Great product! Worth every cent!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Zuggiecat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My friend gave me some samples of this. It is very pigmented and covers well, but is very matte and drying. I think that if you have oily skin it would be good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by candy_hunter

What a luxurious foundation! The finish is perfect and natural. But, seriously, use a small amount. I mean small amount, start with as little as possible, because this thing is intense. If you use too much, it will look cakey. Just slowly sponge it on your face, and you'll be amazed!