October 23, 2014 | 1567 users online

Scrubs - Stem Organics - Smooth Skin Exfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by elisajessica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This facial peeling from Stem Organics is really nice, actually it's the best facial peeling I've ever used. The peeling contains a lot of super small grains and that's why it exfoliates and removes dead skincells so good. After using this product my skin feels very smooth and it looks fresh with a nice glow to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by foaloke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this scrub! Reminds of the one from Dr Brandt, but it's all natural. Very gentle and helps a lot with clogged pores. Definitely going to buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this scrub! The main reason for my love is the fact that the grains are so small. It feels almost like rubbing a liquid form of very fine sandpaper on your face. I just love the feel of it and sometimes it's hard to resist doing it everyday. And when I fail and do it a couple of days in a row my sensitive skin doesn't complain at all.

It's exactly what I imagine that a microdermabration would feel like. Actually, it's hard to keep myself from touching my face after using it, since the skin is so soft and smooth. It comes in a dark brown bottle and even a small amount is enough to cover my entire face. This it THE scrub for me. It's effective, but still very mild and it's sheer pleasure to use.

Ingredients:
Organic Aloe Extract, Bamboo Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Gylceryl Monostearate, Coco Glucoside (vegetable), Organic Jojoba Oil, Guar Gum, Tasmanian Kelp
Extract, Kakadu Plum Extract, Organic Prunica Granatum (Pomegranate), Dalpha Tocopherol (Vit E), Willowbark Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (amino acid based preservative), Organic

Update: It is now the end of 2013 and I have not used this exfoliator in years. I do not know what made me stop but one thing is certain and that is that I have not looked back. Since stopping I have cleaned up my skincare routine and I now have a very simple but effective routine. My skin have improved a lot since doing this and I no longer experience the regular breakouts, irritation and dryness that I used to. My perioral dermatitis is also long gone (with the help of antibiothics).

I would not try this exfoliator today since I think it would be way to harsh for my sensitive skin. For exfoliation I use the Foreo Luna (a gentle sonic cleansing device made of silicone) every night with a foamy cleanser after removing my makeup with an oil cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Smooth Skin Exfoliant uses bamboo grains to peel, in a base of jojoba and aloe. You just massage it on moisted skin, as usual.

I'm usually sceptical towards mechanical peelings since the grains are so harsh, solely irritating my sensitive skin. It was therefore a pleasant surprise to find that the peeling grains in the Stem Organics version is so super fine! I mean it, really microscopic! This is what I imagine a microdermabrasion feels like, and you don't need much massaging before the skin feels all smooth. For those of you who don't want to try acid peelings, try this one instead! The skin becomes clearer, more lustrous and clogged pores is avoided (which is good for me as I use such amounts of makeup...).

I've never before tried a peeling with grains this small, and I love it! And then we have 78% organic ingredients, yay! To make this even better, the peeling is very economical; a little goes such a long way so be sure not to pump out a handfull! One or two pumps from my small bottle is perfect. Fullsize is 125 ml, my small one is 15 ml and it still has loads left.

Rocketqueen recommends the Smooth Skin Exfoliant from Stem Organics! 125 ml is $39 at stemorganics.com, the small 15 ml one is $14.

Ingredients: Organic Aloe Extract, Bamboo Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Glyceryl Monostearate, Coco Glucoside (vegetable), Organic Jojoba Oil, Guar Gum, Tasmanian Kelp Extract, Kakadu Plum Extract, Organic Prunica Granatum (Pomegranate), D-alpha Tocopherol (Vit E), Willowbark Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (amino acid based preservative), Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Tangerine Essential Oil, Organic Geranium Essential Oil, Limonene (occuring in essential oils), Bottle Brush Bush Essence, Organic Lemon Essential Oil, Citric Acid.