January 26, 2015 | 1921 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Creme in Your Coffee

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 2:05:00 PM More reviews by tasl07

I love love loveeeeeee this color!!! It is my HG!!!! It presents as a nice pink nude on my dark complexion. It is my go to color for everything from work attire to formal. I will ALWAYS keep this in stock. I hope they never discontinue!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sbroughton

Lost this 3 times and rebought it everytime. All time favourite lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by antecubitalfossa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite, holy grail of lip colors, in my favorite finish (creme sheen). The texture is perfect, it can be layered or worn as is...I'm a pale redhead and this is a great color for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by RS13

This is the perfect everyday lipstick which I think might look good on every skin tone, I am a NC43 in Mac and it looks wonderful. I went into Mac looking for a lipstick for everyday after testing out a bunch of colors this one was my ultimate favorite with some gloss over it in a tinted pinkish nude is also another option I use. I love matte lipsticks but I wanted to try something different because they can dry out your life so I decided to get this and my lips like the change.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Peachedpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great MLBB color! You can layer it and mattify it for a pretty close Kylie Jenner lip too. This comes in the standard MAC packaging and swatches a dark berry-nude color on me. Creme in your coffee brings out my green eyes if I keep it a nude eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by serpendity

I'm actually on the fence with this one.

Being a MAC lipstick, there are certain things I always take for a given, which are present in this lipstick as well. It is a creemsheen finish, so the texture is quite creamy and a bit heavy on the lips. The lipstick is pretty opaque (hides my two toned lips) and the finish is glossy. It stays put on my lips for four to five hours, but the gloss goes away after a couple of hours. While the lipstick is not very hydrating (especially since I have extremely dry lips), it doesn't dry out lips either.

The problem for me is the color. I brought creme in your coffee initially as a pinky brown nude color. On some days it is that - warm and pink. On other days it decides to turn into a cool toned light pink with no brown whatsoever and completely washes out my NC 42-44 skin. And sometimes when I pair it with MAC whirl lipliner, it decides to transform into a brighter cool pink.

I thought maybe this had to do with the difference in my face and eyes depending on the eyeshadow, blush and foundation I use... But that doesn't seem to be it either.

While I don't particularly mind the shade, because on its best days it is a beautiful subtle color, the fact that I don't know when it decides to pull a crazy pink of doom on me makes me decide to not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I ORDERED ONLINE ITS OK ITS DARK AND I DONT LIKE DARK LIPSTICK ITS OK ILL WEAR THE TUBE BUT WOULDN'T REPURCHASE ITS LIKE A SHINY VERSION OF TWIG WHICH I DON'T LIKE.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by thekeri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I'm afraid of lipstick. This might be rooted in years of dance recitals where the backstage parents would smear whatever shade of godawful neon fuchsia on me and the other ten-year-olds. Who knows? I won't dwell on it.

Anyway, I stopped being ten years old a long time ago, but the lipstick aversion never went away.
I'd do full faces of makeup without lipstick, opting for the occasional gloss instead. I tried a nude or two last summer during a brief moment of ill-timed, maybe-this-can-work optimism. Note: MAC Freckletone is not for me.

Earlier this year I tried MAC Creme In Your Coffee;Karen from MU&BB raved about it, and it looked like a reasonable lipstick to test the waters with one final time before giving up entirely.

Friends, it has changed. My. Life.

It looks *gorgeous* on me. I'm NC42-44 with consistently dry, peeling, highly pigmented lips(they're two very different colors, too), I have had more than my share of lip-related troubles. CIYC doesn't fix them all, but it's MLBB, moisturizing, and doesn't break the bank. Throw on a little Aquaphor before going, and we're all set.

I am almost done with the tube I bought in February. Once it's done, I'm buying another immediately. Then another.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sll74

as an nw43 complexion girl i'll saw this is the perfect neutral/nude toned lipstick. i can wear it with/over a variety of lip pencils with really nice looks. also the gloss you put over it can make it a very versatile and pretty color. not to pink or yellow....just the perfect neutral type color. i will always keep this in my stash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So many people love this lipstick, but I feel the shade is too drab for my fair skin when worn on its own. I do enjoy wearing this with a brighter lipliner and lately find myself reaching for a very light pink gloss such as Lip Lites in Cream Pop to add a little more interest and color correction. I'm going to continue playing around with liners and mixing with other lipcolors and glosses, but I'm a little disappointed that Creme in Your Coffee isn't the wear with anything lipstick I was hoping for.