MAC Cremesheen - Creme in Your Coffee

4.5

on 3/5/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been collecting browny pink lipsticks for the last few months it seems. A lighbulb finally went off in my head when I got Bobbi Brown Brownie that they are incredibly flattering on my skintone. So for hanging out and for work I have been using MAC Twig (Satin), MAC Fast Play (Amplified) and MAC Creme in Your Coffee (Cremesheen). Twig is the most drying of the trifecta but also the most long lasting. I love that I need not have a lip liner and I can just slap these on and go. Been loving alternating between the three but they are not identical. Twig and Creme in Your Coffee are close but CIYC is just so... buttery feeling. I love it the most of the three. It is the perfect brown girl's brown pink (I am NW45). Fast play has just a hint of a bit more red, a very tiny hint. In any event I will continue to use all three. I will not repurchase Fast Play but the other two will be mine FOREVAH. Well, at least for as long as MAC makes them.

on 2/24/2015 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My all time favourite lip stick, and my favourite colour from all the mac lipsticks. This colour would look amazing on any and all skintones. The formula is creamy and it smells good which I don't find in many of my lipsticks. Its easy to apply, you don't even need a liner to go along with it. I've had this product for almost a year now and I'm not even half way done.
I will be repurchasing this mac product.

on 2/16/2015 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Creme In Your Coffee doesn't look anything special in the tube and I actually walked out of the store without buying it, only to return 5 minutes later - I'm so glad I did! It's one of those perfect MLBB shades. I'm not so keen on the slight shine on cremesheen but I matte this down a little which eliminates some of that and I think helps it to stay on my lips for longer. On my lips the shade is a red/brown/pink, the shade I hoped that Brick-O-La would be.

on 2/5/2015 9:40:00 AM

This is a great daily MLBB for work or lunch with parents, etc. That being said, it's not a particularly exciting or unique shade (when i first got it, i was disappointed that it looked so much like shades seen in the drugstore for cheaper). BUT it is a great staple for everyday wear that is really flattering and makes your face look brighter and more healthy.
THe formula, cremesheen isnt too odrying and it lasts a long while (not as long as matte, but less drying. Lasts much longer than lustres though) and doesnt move around on your lips/face.
The lighter shade to this shade would be Mac Modesty.

on 1/20/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love love loveeeeeee this color!!! It is my HG!!!! It presents as a nice pink nude on my dark complexion. It is my go to color for everything from work attire to formal. I will ALWAYS keep this in stock. I hope they never discontinue!

on 1/7/2015 5:22:00 PM

Lost this 3 times and rebought it everytime. All time favourite lipstick!

This is one of my favorite, holy grail of lip colors, in my favorite finish (creme sheen). The texture is perfect, it can be layered or worn as is...I'm a pale redhead and this is a great color for me.

on 12/19/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the perfect everyday lipstick which I think might look good on every skin tone, I am a NC43 in Mac and it looks wonderful. I went into Mac looking for a lipstick for everyday after testing out a bunch of colors this one was my ultimate favorite with some gloss over it in a tinted pinkish nude is also another option I use. I love matte lipsticks but I wanted to try something different because they can dry out your life so I decided to get this and my lips like the change.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great MLBB color! You can layer it and mattify it for a pretty close Kylie Jenner lip too. This comes in the standard MAC packaging and swatches a dark berry-nude color on me. Creme in your coffee brings out my green eyes if I keep it a nude eye.

on 8/18/2014 10:10:00 AM

I'm actually on the fence with this one.

Being a MAC lipstick, there are certain things I always take for a given, which are present in this lipstick as well. It is a creemsheen finish, so the texture is quite creamy and a bit heavy on the lips. The lipstick is pretty opaque (hides my two toned lips) and the finish is glossy. It stays put on my lips for four to five hours, but the gloss goes away after a couple of hours. While the lipstick is not very hydrating (especially since I have extremely dry lips), it doesn't dry out lips either.

The problem for me is the color. I brought creme in your coffee initially as a pinky brown nude color. On some days it is that - warm and pink. On other days it decides to turn into a cool toned light pink with no brown whatsoever and completely washes out my NC 42-44 skin. And sometimes when I pair it with MAC whirl lipliner, it decides to transform into a brighter cool pink.

I thought maybe this had to do with the difference in my face and eyes depending on the eyeshadow, blush and foundation I use... But that doesn't seem to be it either.

While I don't particularly mind the shade, because on its best days it is a beautiful subtle color, the fact that I don't know when it decides to pull a crazy pink of doom on me makes me decide to not repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks