February 28, 2015 | 1594 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Shy Girl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2015 10:30:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I am going through love-hate stages with this lipstick but then again - looking every time at how much I have used it (and it is much more compared to my other lipsticks) I have to say I must somehow like it since I have used a lot of it!

It feels very creamy and nourishing, well it is a creemesheen finish anyways. Shy Girl is a nice warm nude with a bit of peach in it that makes it quite wearable and suiting any complexion from quite pale to deep. I have seen it on girls who are N15 or N35 and they looked equally gorgeous wearing it!

This is also one of those colors that you just throw on and hit the door, you won't need a mirror or lip liner with it - it is that easy and hassle free. You can't just go wrong with this!

If you want to see it in action paired with a nice eye makeup, you can check this blog post below. Hope it helps

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2015 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ellablue123

This is a gorgeous peach shade in the tube with tiny silver shimmers. But because of the silver shimmers, it does give off a white cast/shine which isn't very flattering--it makes your lips look grey and washed out.
Also, this does NOT transfer on the lips as a peach--it is a true NUDE shade, very nude and pale, made even paler because of the white/silver shimmer/sparkles.
This is sheer but creamy and white-based due to the white shimmer. I wish the lipstick didnt have the white shimmers---gold wouldve been more flattering.

Problem is that it settles into your fine lines, being both pigmented and creamy/thin, it creates these white lines in your lips of shimmer. Do not use if you have imperfect or dry lips!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 10:05:00 AM More reviews by BLalee4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As a MAC product, the quality is good. It is just that this does not suit my pale skin. It comes across nearly orange on my lips which does not look good on me at all. I feel pink tones suit me better...

I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Jordan92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE, perfect every day, go too colour, beautiful with any skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MorenaC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted a nude peach for those days those super casual days. The problem is how this lipstick settles into every crease and line of my lip. I have to stipple it on carefully because if I swab it on like a reg Lippie it goes on so uneven and patchy. It is a nice color but I guess the texture is off for said color. Worse Mac Lippie I own

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by AppleSeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mac lipstick, and I must say I am not impressed. The colour applies semi-sheer, which I'm okay with, but very very patchily. It clings onto any dry patches (even ones you didn't know you had!), emphasizing them and settling into lines. It's sticky, drags along the lips unpleasantly, and leaves behind a thick film that's drying and uncomfortable.

The colour is nice, but the quality of the formula is worse than lipsticks you get for a dollar at costume shops.

Would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shy Girl tends to lean to a nude coral on my lips. I like the color and pigment, but the formula does seem to settle in my lip lines if my lips are not in prime shape. Lipstick itself applies easily and smooth. I like to have my lips lined to help with staying power. For now I'm using an invisible liner by lipstick queen. Lasting power is pretty good, just need to reapply after eating. I'm meh about this color, thus will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Painter94x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know I had said before that I'm not that into nudes. I'm still not. I like a lot of color. But I thought this peachy shade was pretty so I bought it. To me the creme sheen finish gives it a nice pale golden pearlescent look to it...if that makes any sense lol. I was a little afraid at first that it would wash me out cuz it looks pretty light and I'm very pale with a yellowish/ neutral undertone. I tried it on and it looks pretty nice. My first nude lip color. My 6th and lightest mac lipstick. I think my mac void is filled for now maybe another color that I'd like to try will come up one day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sabbathlilyhawks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love mac lipsticks in general but with this one i have a problem with the colour, I don't find the colour flattering on me and i have pale, cool toned skin. I also think it makes my teeth look less white but sometimes with black eyeliner and mascara,and a peachy blush on warmer days I find it more wearable and i enjoy it but i own lipsticks that i definitely love more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this shade for so long and it sounded like it would be right up my alley. This is a dark peach on me and it just blended into my natural lip color. I will not purchase.