MAC Cremesheen - Shy Girl

4.1

on 7/19/2015 12:06:00 PM

This is my favorite summer lipstick, I've been wearing it almost every day. On me, it's a pink/golden nude shade. Lasts for hours but doesn't stay on while eating. I have to make sure to exfoliate my lips before wearing this because it accentuates dryness.

on 3/22/2015 5:22:00 AM

I got this product as a gift for Christmas and have been using it daily ever since! It is more of a peachy nude and I think it would look great on all skin tones.

on 3/9/2015 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

One of my first Mac lipsticks and I LOVE this color! Shy girl is like a nice cream nude leaning on the coral side. This color totally compliments my asian skin tone and doesn't wash me out. I love how its so creamy, glossy and moisturizing. The staying power is decent- about 2-3 hours for a creamsheen lipstick. Overall, I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/4/2015 10:30:00 AM

I am going through love-hate stages with this lipstick but then again - looking every time at how much I have used it (and it is much more compared to my other lipsticks) I have to say I must somehow like it since I have used a lot of it!

It feels very creamy and nourishing, well it is a creemesheen finish anyways. Shy Girl is a nice warm nude with a bit of peach in it that makes it quite wearable and suiting any complexion from quite pale to deep. I have seen it on girls who are N15 or N35 and they looked equally gorgeous wearing it!

This is also one of those colors that you just throw on and hit the door, you won't need a mirror or lip liner with it - it is that easy and hassle free. You can't just go wrong with this!

If you want to see it in action paired with a nice eye makeup, you can check this blog post below. Hope it helps

on 1/28/2015 10:25:00 AM

This is a gorgeous peach shade in the tube with tiny silver shimmers. But because of the silver shimmers, it does give off a white cast/shine which isn't very flattering--it makes your lips look grey and washed out.
Also, this does NOT transfer on the lips as a peach--it is a true NUDE shade, very nude and pale, made even paler because of the white/silver shimmer/sparkles.
This is sheer but creamy and white-based due to the white shimmer. I wish the lipstick didnt have the white shimmers---gold wouldve been more flattering.

Problem is that it settles into your fine lines, being both pigmented and creamy/thin, it creates these white lines in your lips of shimmer. Do not use if you have imperfect or dry lips!

on 1/16/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As a MAC product, the quality is good. It is just that this does not suit my pale skin. It comes across nearly orange on my lips which does not look good on me at all. I feel pink tones suit me better...

I wouldn't repurchase.

on 12/26/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE, perfect every day, go too colour, beautiful with any skin tone.

on 12/25/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I wanted a nude peach for those days those super casual days. The problem is how this lipstick settles into every crease and line of my lip. I have to stipple it on carefully because if I swab it on like a reg Lippie it goes on so uneven and patchy. It is a nice color but I guess the texture is off for said color. Worse Mac Lippie I own

on 12/10/2014 5:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is my first Mac lipstick, and I must say I am not impressed. The colour applies semi-sheer, which I'm okay with, but very very patchily. It clings onto any dry patches (even ones you didn't know you had!), emphasizing them and settling into lines. It's sticky, drags along the lips unpleasantly, and leaves behind a thick film that's drying and uncomfortable.

The colour is nice, but the quality of the formula is worse than lipsticks you get for a dollar at costume shops.

Would not recommend.

on 12/6/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Shy Girl tends to lean to a nude coral on my lips. I like the color and pigment, but the formula does seem to settle in my lip lines if my lips are not in prime shape. Lipstick itself applies easily and smooth. I like to have my lips lined to help with staying power. For now I'm using an invisible liner by lipstick queen. Lasting power is pretty good, just need to reapply after eating. I'm meh about this color, thus will not repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks