November 23, 2014 | 1789 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Sedu - Revolution Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by anitres

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Sorry I debated with myself so long before breaking down and buying this. It's so worth it! Retire your Chi today and upgrade to this iron. I have thick coarse 3c hair, and this is a true one swipe flat iron. I can flat iron my hair in half the time and my hair is shiny, swingy and stays straight. Since I do have long, thick, wild hair I did buy 1 1/2 inch model- extra 1/2 inch helps big time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this straightener! I have had mine for years and it still works just as well as the day I received it. I used CHI straighteners for years beforehand and they don't even compare to the Sedu. I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by hotdot2122

Just got this iron a few weeks ago, the pink version (super cute!) on Folica after I tried my cousins. I was so impressed with how SHINY and healthy it made my hair look.One swipe and your hair is shiny, straight and lovely. I had a CHI for a few years and it doesn't work nearly as well as this does. This iron has heat control up to 450 degrees which is what I keep mine at so it straightens with one swipe maybe two if its humid out and my hair isn't cooperating. It has a nice long cord and the on/off switch is on the inside of the iron, out of the way. It doesn't have an auto shut off which would make this iron even better. The pink design is super cute and makes ironing my hair in the morning more of a treat then a hassle. I got it in their fall sale for $119. I originally wanted a GHD but simply could not afford it for $250 so this Sedu will work great as a replacement for half the price. Happy with my purchase and super glad it comes with a 2 year warranty from Folica as some extra reassurance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Sedu Revolution was my first ever "high end" flat iron and I am SO glad I purchased it! It heats up fast, has a temperature gauge up to 450 degrees, and makes my hair super shiny. My hair glides easily in this iron, no "grabbing" like some others have done to my hair.

Overall it's a high quality, does what it says it does, flat iron. I've dropped it a couple of times and still works like a charm. The price is up there but I feel like this is ten times better quality than any CHI flat iron.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Corteney1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this flat iron. I was debating between this one and the GHD and I chose wrong. I have thick, coarse, curly hair that takes time to straighten. I had a paul mitchell before this and it ended up breaking on me. I then had the Jilbere Nano Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron from Sally's which worked amazing for me, but I wanted to be able to curl it so I got the Sedu. Personally, it just doesn't do the job for me. I gave it a 3/5 because it is not the worst iron ever, I think it would be great for someone with less hair , it just isn't for me I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Ozzie1985

This is by far one of my favorite flat irons I've ever owned. Back in 2007 I purchase a Solia which was good but since I have very thick, coarse, curly hair the Solia wasn't doing it for me anymore so I sold that to my friend and I purchased the Sedu. I have had it since 2008, and its now 2012, and it still works like the day I purchased it, except maybe that the plates don't seem to heat up like they should but since I typically use this only once a month now since I've went natural. Another reason I definitely would re-purchase again is because most flat irons do not have a temperature setting, but this one goes clear up to 450 and with my hair and curls, I have to turn the flat iron all the way up otherwise my hair would look extremely gross and would not get completely straight.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

This does not even compare to the Ionic Ceramic Iron (which is amazing by the way!) I bought this so I could curl my hair better since the plates are smaller and have rounded edge. It never smoothed my hair as well. This is more comparable to a Chi iron. Which in my opinion aren't so great. The worst part is after having it only a year and a half, the plates slowly got cooler and cooler. Even though I had it all the way turned up. They just would not heat up right. Until eventually one plate didn't heat up at all. Irons are expensive and they need to last longer than a year and a half. My other Sedu iron lasted six years!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer, I think the original Sedu flat iron is a bit better than this Revolution one. I have both right now and actually wanted to buy the Revolution at first because of the curling properties involved. But the original one was cheaper so I got that one. This one does the job well and straightens my hair very well. It does curl too but I have yet to master the curling technique with a flat iron. However, as stated previously, the original sedu for some reason, has smoother plates. It glides nicer than this one. Had I not purchased the original, I would think this one was good too, but since I have a comparison, the original have smoother plates and makes hair more shiny. Overall, this is still a good flat iron. Both of mine work very well and I bought the original in 2007. I bought this one a couple of months ago and either one hasn't given me any problems. I'd recommend them :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I work in a salon, so I got this iron as a back up iron for really cheap. Prior to buying this iron, I already had the original Sedu, (which in my opinion, is a better iron than the Revolution.) The Revolution is a good iron, & it gets very hot, but the plates don't leave my hair as smooth & shiny as the original Sedu. The original is also a little bit cheaper by the way. This overall is still a good iron, but if I had to choose, I would definitely choose the original. This iron still beats out the Chi & Babyliss.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

This is without a doubt the best flat iron I have ever tried. I could rave about it all day. I've had mine for almost 3 years, and it still works amazingly! It has temperature control, heats up pretty quickly, and doesn't snag my hair. It doesn't damage my hair like most flat irons, even hairdressers comment on how healthy my hair is when I flat iron most days! All my friends love my Sedu, and it keeps my hair straight all day long. It allows you to straighten your hair with volume, or make it stick straight! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.