September 3, 2014 | 1337 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Charged Water Revitalizing Energy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by oliviak12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this a couple days ago and have used it three times so far. I have to say I love this product! I bought it as a finishing spray for using after I'm done my makeup to set and take away the powdery look that I am often having. It not only takes away the powdery look but it still makes me look matte which I prefer but also gives life back into my face by adding a slight, emphasize on the slight part, sheen. It makes my makeup look just like my own skin. So natural looking and really blends any makeup into your skin. Makes my face look flawless and I am loving it!

The packaging is super cute with little sparkles all over the bottle. The price was $31 with tax which is pricey but so needed to blend everything in and make you look flawless. I will probably never not buy this. When I run out I will for sure repurchase.

I think this is even better then the urban decay all nighter setting spray!

HG status for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by AmyAesthetics

Love this stuff! Have ordered another 2 bottles! I spray it on directly after applying my makeup, to set it. It leaves a dewy sheen that hydrates my skin and makes my overall makeup look much better! I definatley prefer this to the fix plus spray, smells nicer and the packaging is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i am using this from the mineralized skin care collection that came out a few months ago. It's in a gold spray bottle. Unfortunately, I never used the original of this so i don't know how it differs from the mineralize version, but this is what the website says.. "A fusion of Mineralize Charged Water and pure diamond powder. Instantly enlivens, energizes and revitalizes the skin while adding radiance. Keeps skin soft and supple. Refreshing green tea and citrus fragrance." It's a nice change from fix+ - keeps my skin hydrated for a longer time &does a great job of making foundation/powder look dewy and fresh. I don't know if this is LE or not, but I already bought a backup of it haha. Would continue to repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by rachaelpreece101

I'm on my third botttle of this!
I wanted something for use while traveling and on holiday as a cooling mist originally, which this does do, when I have ran to work it's cooling, but a bonus is it's hydrating and makes my makeup look perfect! Bronzed and blusher looks totally different once I spray this!
The smell isn't very nice though, smells like that nasty rough loo roll you get in public loos.
But since using this I have had compliments on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this in lieu of Fix + for a few months now to set my powder foundation and eye make-up. I'm not so sure it's as effective as Fix + in prolonging the wear - as this does not contain glycerin. However this does serve me well in that it softens up the look of my powder foundation.

The product is housed in the same twist spray bottle as Fix + and it produces a lightly diffused spray so really all you need is two or three sprays to sufficiently cover your face.

As other reviews have mentioned, this stuff smells strangely medicinal-like. It's borderline unpleasant to me, but the scent evaporates once the product dries so it's not particularly bothersome.

Maybe it's psychological, since I'm so used to Fix +, but I think Charged Water doesn't perform as well. Granted it's not as sticky as Fix +, so there is that, but I always dust lightly with translucent powder after spraying my face anyway.

I believe this stuff is discontinued, so you'll have to try your luck on eBay if you think this is something that interests you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this charged water yeasterday together with some new collection of eyeshadows.I tried it just in the middle of testing e/s.
I immediately loved the fresh feeling and efect of setting my make-up so I bought it.Yes I would buy again,I love the smell and efect.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 8:24:00 AM More reviews by deepmakeup

this is an older version of the FIX+ but has fewer ingredients compared to fix +. I love to use it in the morning after washing my face with a mild cleaser. It does not dry instantly and feels kind of sticky. So i think fix+ works better and absorbs quicker than the charged water. I got this at my local cco for $14.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I love this LE product, but not as much as my beloved HG Fix+. I feel that this works the same as the Fix and helps set makeup and also freshens during a long work day. However, I love the scent of the Fix + and so I gave this to my cousin; I would buy again, but like many MAC products, this too is no longer available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these on eBay for a total cost of ~$26, and I'm so glad I did! From a live chat with a MAC saleswoman, I learned that this was more effective than Fix+ and I didn't like how the glycerin (I think) made my face sticky after even 1 spritz.

I now spritz this Charged Water right after drying my face after cleansing. I heard that skincare products are more potent if you use products that are "thinner"/more absorbent first (like toners) and then top your face off with your thicker/heavier products.

This Charged Water has a fragrance - it smells like a somewhat medicinal floral scent. I much prefer the scent of Fix+ to this but because I've seen my face seem brighter after using this (and it DOESN'T leave a stickiness at all - because it has no glycerin) I suck up with the scent!

I really hope MAC comes out with more Charged Waters - I love skincare products and I've actually seen the benefits of this one. So please MAC - come out with more goodies for the face!