July 28, 2014 | 2050 users online

Other - drugstore.com

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mytwocents02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I shopped here for mostly for organic energy bars and also a few "green and natural" personal products. However, I'm not really happy with their customer service at the moment and will likely take my business elsewhere.

This morning, I sent Drugstore.com the following message:

"I placed order 3291422568100 on 10/10/12 and received it on 10/15/12.

I went camping/hiking in Limekiln State Park on 11/2/12. I ate either one or two of the "PROBAR Simply Real Whole Food Meal Bar Apple Cinnamon" on this trip and do not remember a problem. (I may have just not noticed any mold, or it may have taken longer to develop.)

However, I went caving in Santa Cruz on 12/9/12, and, when I opened one of the "PROBAR Simply Real Whole Food Meal Bar Apple Cinnamon," I saw some fuzz on the outside of the bar. I stared at it for a while, not sure if it was actually mold or just a sticky film of sugar. Since I was hungry, I took a bite, but I started to feel more and more uneasy. Figuring it was a fluke, I threw it away and opened another bar I had of another flavor.

Later, on 1/13/13, I went day hiking at Mount Tamalpais. I tried another "PROBAR Simply Real Whole Food Meal Bar Apple Cinnamon." This one was fuzzy, too, so I threw it out. At this point, I remembered that, the last time I ate this bar on 12/9/12, it had the same problem. Thus, I checked the expiration date and saw that it had expired in October 2012.

Basically, it looks like I was mailed a case of meal replacement bars that expired on 10/20/12--ten days after I ordered it and five days after I received it. Therefore, I would either like a replacement case or a refund. If necessary, I can mail you the uneaten bars that I still have lying around in storage--at your expense."

They responded that they have a 30-day refund policy, but they would only make a one-time exception by providing me with an in-store credit for any uneaten bars that I return to them.

In case it was lost in my long description, *****Drugstore.com mailed me a case of energy bars that expired 10 days after I ordered it and only five days after I received it.***** Of course, they should take responsibility for that. As for their 30-day refund policy, it took me three months to realize that there was a problem with the bars. And, yes, to be fair, I delayed--partly because it had been a few months since I had ordered the energy bars and wasn't sure Drugstore.com would do anything about it and partly because I had other things going on at the beginning of this year--but that would have been outside their 30-day return window anyway.

So...because of Drugstore.com, I unwittingly ate two expired bars (YECH!) and threw out two other moldy bars. But they will give me an in-store credit for the remaining eight if I mail them back to Drugstore.com. Never mind that the entire order expired before I ate any of it and that I threw part of it away before I realized it was a problem with the entire case.

Essentially, what I hear them saying is that they will only take full responsibility for mistakes they make at their customers' expense if those customers are watchful enough to catch those mistakes within 30 days, and that's not a company that I want to do business with.

I do not expect to shop at Drugstore.com again and would not recommend it to anyone else either. However, if you choose to shop there regardless and buy any large quantities of perishables from this company, I STRONGLY advise you to check all the expiration dates as soon as you receive them--even if it is burdensome to do right away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow - just goes to show you how different experiences can be. I have been purchasing from beauty.com and drugstore.com for years! I love that I earn drugstore.com dollars to use and can order beauty items and food and household items at once and get them delivered to my door quickly. i have only ONCE had a problem with something leaking and they quickly sent me a free replacement. I have found that even at my neighborhood cvs drugstore that many items no longer have that silver inner seal like they used to, so I dont think that it is just an issue with drugstore.com. I havent noticed any difference in any of my beauty or houshold items when ordering from this site. And i am quite the product junkie! I am actually surprised that there are even any negative reviews because it is probably this site that has given me the best and most consistent customer service. And they have so many great products!
ALSO: I always get my packages within 2 days. Even with hurricane sandy, my order still got to my house in a week to 10 days. (I had placed an order the day before the storm).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by reveriex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I really have to caution people about this site and beauty.com. As someone who has ordered quite a few things off of drugstore.com & beauty.com for over 1+ years now, I have observed many problems with open packaging and tampered packaging. I've purchased Weleda, Avene, Phyto, Alterna, Malibu C, Bare Esseuntials, Darphin, etc. along with deodorant, bandaids, feminine products, and countless other items.

Skin cream bottles have had their protective covers removed - even when I have called them about it and they sent me replacements, those protective covers are missing as well - that's extremely unsanitary. My phyto conditioners - the same thing - lack of removable covers over the opening or tampered, changed pump stops. Watered down salon shampoos. I think my Avene pump has been tampered with as well. The deodorant I have been buying for years has a different protective cover than any other bottle I have ever purchased. This is very suspect and really gross when you think about it!

I'm done worrying about the packaging and what they've done to change it and if it's been opened before. It's not worth the hassle - these are things I put on my skin and no way do I want those items exposed to God knows what before I start putting them on my face and body. I am only going to purchase things with tamper proof packaging from now on - like cardboard tampon boxes, band-aids, things like that. But I am not going to purchase any more makeup, hair products, nor skin creams. Who knows how long they have been exposed to the air? I've also read reviews about eyeshadows not being the right consistency or color - I can believe it given my experiences! And that discount I think I have been getting is all for nought if the plant-based ingredients aren't fresh or are watered down and altered. I'm trying skinstore.com from now on. Hopefully I'll have better luck. I would rather pay full price for the real thing than risk opened packages on drugstore.com anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ALWAYS place orders on Drugstore.com. I have never once had a problem yet. I love how they give drugstore dollars that you can put toward your next purchase. Since I always order, I always have dollars which means I pay less! :) can't beat that. The shipping is extremely fast. I always receive my order 2 days after placing it, never a day earlier or later. 2 days is pretty quick in my opinion. They send samples all the time which I love, of random things. I also love how you can find items that aren't sold anymore or are really hard to find. Overall I will continue to order from Drugstore.com as I am always pleased with my purchases & shipping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've ordered with them 2 times in the past 2 years, no problems at all the first time. This last time however, I didn't recieve my package. Not their fault. UPS - said they delivered it at 6pm at my garage (why leave it at my garage that's at the road where everyone can see it & not at my front door?!?)...but...no sign of the package and I was home all day...and I have a dog that barks when you get anywhere near my house - fishy?? yes. If this review was for UPS and their customer service, it would be a zero rating.
But anyway...back to Drugstore.com. I called them and told them what happened. No questions asked, they are sending me another package on rush shipment. Polite and friendly customer service! Wish I could say the same thing about UPS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

WOHH its been 2 YRS since someone gave their insight on this awesome site?! Welll here's my experience

1. Biggest concern TIMING, il give u exact details
-placed order 8/29
-received online confirmation 8/30 (with a tracking #)
-UPS updated order 8/31
-Estimated Delivery date 9/6
-RECEIVED date 9/2!!!!!

**took me 5 DAYS since I placed the order, for reference I'm located in Eastern Long Island of NYC**

2. Products & Prices:
-I ordered impossible to find products ie Sally Hansen natural beauty your skin foundation inspired by Carmindy in Ecru Beige ---an item raved on MUA & this shade is not available in the dozen cvs/rite aids I checked.
-Also picked up Max Factor Pan stik--no longer sold in Walmart
-Milani Baked blushes & Milani Liquif'eye liner sold OUT everywhere on the planet!

**I saved 20% on all the items & found a deal for SH with Buy2Get1Free, & recieved FREE SHIPPING on my order of $25 only**

ummm YES I WOULD RECOMMEND u all check this site out, & the deals they offer BEFORE u check out :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by monmon517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far, I have had nothing but negative experiences with both beauty.com and drugstore.com. I originally placed an order with beauty.com a couple of months ago. About three days after I placed my order, they canceled it and gave no reason, even after I emailed them to ask about it. Last week, I placed an order on Thursday and they emailed me on Friday morning telling me it had shipped. My package sat in New Jersey until yesterday and is now sitting in Dallas, Texas. The delivery date was pushed back to the 26th from the 23rd, even though I live in Kansas and I could drive there and back faster than this package would get delivered. I have never had anything ship from the East Coast go through Texas to get here. And ten days for domestic shipping is ridiculous! I get packages from China faster than this. I will never order from them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. Some of you can be really silly, childish and hateful, can't you? If it's not stated plainly and clearly on the site how was she to know it would take up to 44 days? She gave her personal experience with this company which, last I checked, is what you're supposed to do so that others can be well informed. And she's right to be unhappy with her experience. Over a solid MONTH to recieve a purchase??? That's slack and poor customer service no matter how you look at it. My uncle was in IRAQ and he got our care packages in about two weeks max.

That being said, I personally have had only positive experiences with drugstore.com. I've ordered from them 2 or 3 times and the prices are reasonable and I've always gotten my products in a week or less. I will continue to purchase from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by FrenchPedicuresAreHot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Drugstore.com is only as smart as the online shopper using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use drugstore.com for products that are either discontinued, i.e. Alpha Hydrox Enhance cream, or nearly impossible goodies to find in the drugstore. Also if I can get a good deal, it's worth paying for shipping. I tend to have an order that is around 50 dollars or plus, which qualifies for free shipping. It's good for stocking up on cleansers, moisturizers and skin creams. Delivery has been speedy for me, so I have no complaints :)