December 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Candy Shop Lipgloss in Coconut Crazed

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this. I do like most E.L.F. lip glosses but this is not good. It smells bad. Its a strong artificial coconut smell. The gloss itself is clear with lots of glitter. I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Lmrought

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this from e.l.f as a free gift and I really like it! I love the sliding case it comes in and I think the smell is pretty - if you like coconut. It's very shiny and silky on my lips. What a pleasant surprise!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I ordered this item simply out of curiousity. I wanted a simple lip product that moisturizes a little because I work in a place with drying air-conditioning. I was buying a few E.L.F. brushes and thought spending another 1.50 on this wouldn't kill me.

There are a few things I like about the 'gloss' (in my opinion it's more of a balm, but anyway...). The packaging is very sturdy and ingenious. I hated it at first, but once I got the hang out of opening it, my appreciation for it rose. I also like how smoothly it applies, and the scent, which smells of coconuts in an artificial, yet inoffensive and subtle way. But unfortunately, the downsides of this break the product for me. It has glitter. Not shimmer, but rather large chunks that are visible on your finger after application, and worse, after the product has dried out on my lips. But the one thing that I can't stand is how dry my lips feel when wearing it. It doesn't moisturize much, if at all. My lips are chapped and this doesn't offer any comfort to the burning and stinging sensation that I feel.

I wouldn't buy this again. It isn't a gloss (the finish is rather balm-like), it isn't a balm (balms are supposed to be hydrating), so there's no space for something this unuseful.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Lelaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd hate to give this a bad review especially since I got this for free but the smell is horrendous. Before I even opened my package, I could smell a cheap vanilla-coconut smell. Weird thing is, I love coconut and I hated the smell. I almost didn't try it on and threw it away but I fished it out from the trash bin.

Begrudgingly, I'll admit that it goes on pretty smooth and there isn't an oily shine but a subtle shimmer. Besides the smell, I liked it, but the smell literally permeated throughout my room and gave me a headache so I just threw it in a ziplock bag.

I contemplated giving this to my friend but it would have to be a friend that I'll never see within a 5 foot radius.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by krazie4adream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift from elf when i ordered and let's just say i didn't even want to keep it after i smelled it. the smell is just gross. I'm not a big fan of coconut but this was beyond ill smelling. I thought..well let's just put it on and maybe i won't smell it and it'll look good. it's nothing special. and i don't want my lip brush or my fingers to have that smell. I pass. Good thing it was FREE

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would give this a 3.5 if I could. It is nice and clear with some glitter that goes nicely over lipstick or on its own. It would be great if you like coconut, but I really don't. I received it as a free gift from ELF.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought three of these from Big Lots for a total of $2.50, and this one is my favorite. It is a nice clear color with some shimmer and shine to it. I love the packaging it's so cute. It is a bit sticky but out of the three I got; cherry bomb, melon mayhem and coconut crazed, this is the least sticky of the three. It feels nice on your lips and it actually does smell nice, just like coconut. I would buy it again, after all, it's dirt cheap and it's a decent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by briannedahlin

Though I would not buy this product again, I think it deserves a good review. It comes in a really adorable tin with a sliding lid, has sort of a vintage feel to it.

The lip gloss itself smells fantastic (so yum!) and the texture is decent, a bit on the sticky side (rather than more "slippy" which is the only reason I wouldn't buy again, as I prefer a slippy gloss for my clear gloss needs). No color, just a nice scented gloss :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are the cutest little things! They come in vintage looking slide top tins and you get a huge pan for $2.00. Coconut Crazed is basically a clear gloss with silver microglitter. It doesn't feel at all gritty and is actually fairly thick and moisturizing on my winter dry and chapped lips. The coconut scent is not too strong and I think it's pleasant.
One downside to the packaging is that it will be hard to get the last of the product out. About 1/4 of the product remains covered by the lid when it is open, so a lip brush will be necessary to reach the remains.
For such a small price I'll likely not bother dealing with that and just repurchase.