Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner

on 7/23/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This will not replace cleaning ones brushes with soap and water as it does not removed heavy makeup residue. This is a good quick fix for lightly soiled brushes or to disinfect. I could also see this being a daily brush cleanser as the name implies for those with very oily skin to keep oil from building up on their brushes. If you want to clean your brushes you are still going to have to do it the old fashioned way, as time consuming as it is.

on 5/20/2015 8:52:00 PM

I used this a couple of times and found it acceptable for use when I accidentally dipped my brush in the wrong shadow or blush and wanted a quick "do over." I cannot take it with me when I move because it's flammable. No big loss, considering it is heavily fragranced. I can't imagine why they thought that was necessary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This cleans brushes beautifully, with little effort, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

on 1/11/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm another one who had sticky residue on my brushes feeling stiff/weird. But it works ok to clean off brushes daily but imo this is not a must have for me. I wouldn't get this again.

This left an oily/sticky residue on my brushes that I didn't care for. I prefer the new Sephora Citrus spray cleaner over this. I gave it 2 stars because it does adequately remove makeup from my brushes, I just don't care for the oily texture of the product.

on 7/9/2014 12:47:00 PM

This is my first brush cleanser. I used to wash all my brushes with hand soap but now that I've acquired the Sigma F80 brush and Sephora's Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57, both very dense brushes, I need something better.

I basically purchased this after getting the Sigma F80 because I had read that it was a hard brush to cleanse and I didn't want gunk accumulating in it since I use it every day to apply foundation. This helps to remove some of the foundation on the brush but not all and I find I have to use a lot of it.

The only thing I like about this cleanser are the smell and the fact that it comes in a spray bottle. I will finish it and then keep the bottle for the MAC brush cleanser (which I wanted to try in the first place).

on 4/21/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Excellent! Brushes are clean and this is very easy to use. For tenacious makeup, I put the product in my hands and rub the bristles together. Sanitary pump bottle and wonderful scent!

on 3/23/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this a try after finishing up my Japonesque Parian spirits. I find that this spray does a nice job for daily cleansing of the brushes. I wash them thoroughly weekly with brush shampoo. I feel it does not cleanses as well at the Japonesque spray though. However this spray smells very pleasant and I feel it conditions the bristles. Brushes feel very soft after use.

on 11/1/2013 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Works fine --- I spritz some on my brushes and then I wipe them dry with a tissue to remove the colour and leave them to air dry overnight. For the price, I have no complaints with the product and it has worked fine so far.

on 10/31/2013 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product for girls with acne-prone skin. In fact, apply makeup with a dirty brush is the equivalent of applying makeup to a dirty skin... not good at all

This product clears the bacteria off your brushes so That You do not get pimple by Applying old sebum / residue on your skin, and it does the job at a higher speed than shampoo! Plus, the smell is light and great, it doesn't dry out the hair of the brushes, and the price is low considering that it last loooong.

Personally, I wear a full makeup (primer, foundation, powder, blush) 5 days per week. My skin easily has acne, so I wash my brushes after each use with the big bottle of spray. It dries super fast, so you can re-use the same brush for another product right after. Once every 2 week (usually week-end), i do a complete shampoo to all of my brushes with the sephora «brush shampoo»

I recommend