July 28, 2014 | 2028 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sephora - Daily Brush Cleaner

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

This is my first brush cleanser. I used to wash all my brushes with hand soap but now that I've acquired the Sigma F80 brush and Sephora's Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57, both very dense brushes, I need something better.

I basically purchased this after getting the Sigma F80 because I had read that it was a hard brush to cleanse and I didn't want gunk accumulating in it since I use it every day to apply foundation. This helps to remove some of the foundation on the brush but not all and I find I have to use a lot of it.

The only thing I like about this cleanser are the smell and the fact that it comes in a spray bottle. I will finish it and then keep the bottle for the MAC brush cleanser (which I wanted to try in the first place).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent! Brushes are clean and this is very easy to use. For tenacious makeup, I put the product in my hands and rub the bristles together. Sanitary pump bottle and wonderful scent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to give this a try after finishing up my Japonesque Parian spirits. I find that this spray does a nice job for daily cleansing of the brushes. I wash them thoroughly weekly with brush shampoo. I feel it does not cleanses as well at the Japonesque spray though. However this spray smells very pleasant and I feel it conditions the bristles. Brushes feel very soft after use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by monvai

Works fine --- I spritz some on my brushes and then I wipe them dry with a tissue to remove the colour and leave them to air dry overnight. For the price, I have no complaints with the product and it has worked fine so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for girls with acne-prone skin. In fact, apply makeup with a dirty brush is the equivalent of applying makeup to a dirty skin... not good at all

This product clears the bacteria off your brushes so That You do not get pimple by Applying old sebum / residue on your skin, and it does the job at a higher speed than shampoo! Plus, the smell is light and great, it doesn't dry out the hair of the brushes, and the price is low considering that it last loooong.

Personally, I wear a full makeup (primer, foundation, powder, blush) 5 days per week. My skin easily has acne, so I wash my brushes after each use with the big bottle of spray. It dries super fast, so you can re-use the same brush for another product right after. Once every 2 week (usually week-end), i do a complete shampoo to all of my brushes with the sephora «brush shampoo»

I recommend

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This was the first product I ever bought to spot clean my brushes. I've since tried several others, but I think this is one of the best ones out there. Not gonna lie, I'm not the best at keeping up with deep cleaning my brushes, so this has been a lifesaver for me. I try to use this daily, but sometimes it's more like a few times a week. It's so easy to use -- just spray and swirl the brush on a paper towel until no more color comes off the brush. I wouldn't recommend using a tissue or toilet paper...you'll get a lot of lint on your brushes. Paper towel or a wash cloth works best.
I love the way this smells -- it has a light, clean fragrance, but the scent doesn't linger on your brushes. I find that most brush cleansers are super heavily perfumed or have a really strong alcohol smell that stays on your brushes even after they dry. Thankfully, this one does not do that. It also doesn't dry out my brushes or leave any filmy residue.This is awesome for getting dark or bright colors off eye and blush brushes, and for disinfecting brushes used for foundation for people with acne-prone skin. I don't think the price is bad at all. Even the smaller sized bottle ($7) lasts me a couple months.
Highly recommend getting this next time you're in or ordering from Sephora, especially if you're lazy like me when it comes to brush cleansing! It doesn't take the place of shampooing your brushes to really get all the gunk and color out, but it is great for freshening them up in the meantime.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good.

Got the small size and glad I did. I've cleaned my brushes a few times with it, but find it annoying that they remained damp for about a couple of days. :/

Still, it does do the job... just have to go without my brushes for a bit.0 found this helpful

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm just not very sure about the Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner. I was told to use this daily, and then shampoo my brushes once a week with the Brush Shampoo which I am doing - and that this Daily Cleanser would be more than enough for daily cleaning.

However, I am the type of person who likes to see the dirt/makeup coming off, so spraying the brushes and "not rinsing" them and just letting them sit to dry (as per instructions) irritates me and makes me feel like they are not being cleaned at all.
In saying that, I always rinse them quickly and then lay them out to dry. The brushes also take more product than it states on the bottle, so the bottle is being used up very quickly and I am glad I purchased the larger bottle right away.

Overall I may repurchase this again and I may not. I haven't decided. If I do not find something else that is as simple as this to use everyday then I would definitely repurchase. I just expected more visible cleaning everyday so I am a bit disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love. HG. Makes cleaning brushes very quick and easy! I hate shampooing them and waiting for them to dry and it seems like when I shampoo, the bristles fall out. With this its so much easier, I just spritz it on a paper towel and swirl brushes around on it (I don't wear heavy makeup or cream products though so it may not work as well for that?). The brushes dry very quickly with this and smell nice, and no bristles falling out! It seems pricey but a bottle lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm lazy, big time lazy and I feel this is a great solution. I'm personally cheap, and I don't think the small is bad for the price and I use it decently. I love the anti-bacterial aspect of it. I was noticing that if I didn't clean my brushes daily or every other day it would break my skin out, and this eliminates that problem. I wish there was some better cleaning power to it, but I can't complain too much.