September 2, 2014 | 1797 users online

Hair - Any Brand - Macadamia Nut Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Go for the real deal, straight up Macadamia oil, not these manufactured "Oils" that contain added chemicals/ fillers you don't need. 3 drops is all I need , rub in palms and smooth on to damp hair. The shine is incredible, frizzies are disappearing and one small bottle will last a couple of years at the rate I use it. Why did I wait so long and agonize over the killer price of the commercial stuff when I could have gone right to the source( nature) and got this sooner? Don't wait.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

SOOOOO….I purchased a bottle from my local Wholefoods market, making sure that is was cold pressed and not refined, with the intention in using it for my hair and I absolutely love it. It was like 10$ for an amount that will last you a very long time so that is was already a plus. I use this in place of all my serums after a shower onto damp hair. My hair is to the middle of my back and 8 drops for my long hair was more than enough. There was no grease on my hair! This i sunlike coconut oil and many other natural 100% oils out there. My hair came out sooooooooo manageable and soft I could not believe it outperformed the 60 dollar serums I have been getting form the salons for the past six years! You will love it to. It makes your hair really shiny too, and it just the best hair sealer I could find after looking for months and months and spending who know how mch money experimenting with products, which of course had siliones which were bad for your hair and dried it out. But even compared to all silicone free products this is much better! I would make sure to rinse your hair will pretty cool water after showering and using this on damp hair and you will love it. I am sure! Just don't use too much because if I have to use drops for my long hair you shouldn't use the same for shoulder length hair. I also would not recommend this on dry hair unless you use one drop for the all of the hair because it soaks up much better on slightly wet hair.
My routine:
- do coconut oil masks one a week (because this only oil that can penetrate through the hair and condition from the inside out)
-I use this with coconut oil one a week, and use every time i shower as a serum
-I use WEN hair care

and BAM the softest hair I can have is now! FYI my hair has very dry and colored and now it is like I have vigil hair!

Good Luck! Let me know how it goes!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Red80

I have tried a number of oils, serums, leave in conditioners to soften and add shine to my hair

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by kellieliza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Five for everything.. five packing quality because seriously, who cares? I buy macadamia oil online... maybe 10 bucks for a large bottle... and keep it in my bathroom cupboard where no-one sees it. Either neat or added to my conditioner, it makes a massive difference to my super-thick, dry, frizzy hair. I like to mix it with conditioner and leave it on for 15 minutes or so for maximum effect. Can't believe I've wasted so much money on posh treatment products when this is so cheap and so effective. Smells yummy too... just like macadamia nuts, which I happen to adore.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

macadamia nut oil is the single best oil i have introduced to my hair and skin routine, and that list includes argan (and yes, i am referring to the 100% pure kind, not just the stuff diluted by 'cones and other additives, like Moroccan oil.) when applied to my dry hair, macadamia nut oil sinks in like magic; leaving no greasy residue behind on my pillowcase at night, as if i'd never applied anything at all. the softness, and manageability of my thick, coarse, wavy hair tells a different story in the morning though--macadamia nut oil definitely left its mark during the night. this, much unlike coconut oil, which is awfully greasy, and not nearly as versatile as macadamia nut oil IME.

only one other oil has really been effective on my formerly oily, now combination, skin as much as MNO has (as i enter my mid-twenties, i am finding my skin much drier than it used to be in my teens, though still frustratingly clog- and acne-prone.) jojoba oil, in conjunction my moisturizer seemed to be an effective combatant to the patch dryness on my skin in my past. however, now that i've discovered MNO, flakiness seems but a distant memory...the delicateness of MNO, and immediacy with which MNO sinks in is all all-around winning combination for me, and i've yet to find anything that exceeds its efficacy (unlike i have from almond, avocado, olive, and grapeseed oils...cough, cough.)

love this oil. so much. if i could cook, i'd cook with it too, but for now, i'll just slather it on my hair, face, and body. and my SO, if he allows it.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ellemint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Macadamia nut oil is the best make-up remover especially for hard to remove lipsticks. Just dab some on a tissue and lipstick blots right off without tugging. It hardly has any taste or odour,and what taste it does have is plesant, and it has a pleasantly light feel to it. While a bottle of it at the health food store may seem expensive, even a small bottle is a hundred times larger than most makeup removers, so it is really quite cheap. And you're not putting any chemicals, parabens, or weird preservatives on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by skyeyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you nailbunny, I would never have thought of trying macadamia nut oil until I saw you'd mentioned it as your HG of everything. it's now mine too! I went to my local health shop and bought a little bottle of pure organic Macadamia Carrier Oil and am using it as a cleanser (but am still using my hot cloth cleansing system to remove heavy makeup), toner, moisturiser and on my hair too! I've been doing this for a week now and my skin has never looked so calm, toned and glowing. My acne literally started to disappear overnight, which was shocking in itself. My pores are tiny now, and makeup goes on smoothly and evenly. My poor dehydrated and sensitised skin is now soft and strong. Fine lines disappear with this oil. It's changed my life, no joke.

This is what I do. I apply a few drops of the oil to my pals and hold them together for about 10secs to warm. Then I hold my hands flat over my entire face for a few seconds to help it seep into the skin. Then I massage in medium-pressure circular motions with my fingertips, into every nook and cranny, to melt any makeup, dirt and grease, and to loosen dead skin cells. Then I rinse my face with warm water to remove some of the oil. Next, I get a muslin washcloth and rinse under hot(ish) water. I hold this over my face to open the pores again, and polish off the remained of the oil in light circular motions to give my skin a really good clean. When dry, I take a couple more drops of oil, warm it in my palms again and massage in with a little face massaging scrubber (optional - you could just use your fingertips) to get the circulation going. This sounds like a lot but it only takes about 5 minutes :) If I do all this before bed, I wake up with soft, smooth, glowing skin - A true Holy Grail. Brilliant! Thanks again nailbunny!

Sophie x

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thanks to the wonderful nailbunny I found this oil. It's incredible! Since I prefer natural products I've been searching for quite some time for an oil that I could use in my skincare routine. I've tried several – olive oil broke me out terribly, jojoba works best in summer as it dries me out, almond oil is pretty good but not wow. After nailbunny's suggestion I went out and bought a bottle of macadamia nut oil, and my instant reaction was that I'd finally found the oil I've been searching for! I use it to take off makeup in the evening. A few drops on a moist cotton pad and all my minerals come off. Then I rinse my face in the shower and add a pea-size of Weleda's zinc cream mixed with 3-4 drops of MNO and smooth it over my face. This routine has cleared my red, irritated rosacea-face in less than a week! No breakouts whatsoever. In the morning I just rinse my face with lukewarm water and then apply the zinc-MNO mix underneath my minerals, and I'm good for the entire day. No other oil has ever made my skin this smooth and thoroughly hydrated. Other oils just seemed to sit on top of my skin, but not this one. It works well on my hair too: a few drops warmed up between my palms, then I smooth my hands over any flyaway hairs and apply some on the ends. Works like a charm without weighing my hair down at all.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really hesitant to use this on my hair since it has a strong nutty smell, but it really conditions my hair without making it greasy and gives a nce texture to my hair. The smell eventually went away throughout the day, but now I layer it with another styling product. It gave decent shine, nothing mind-blowing. But my hair was amazingly soft. I could feel the difference instantly. I used about a quarter size to apply to my wet hair. This helped me with frizz and stretched out my 3b curls to 3a. I think I will try it as a pre-poo treatment and see how it goes, but so far I'm loving it. A bottle set me back 14 bucks, but it was totally worth it. If you don't like it, you can always use this as a cooking oil. It heats up extremely well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

I didn't see a review for Macadamia Nut Oil but there are reviews for Coconut Oil and Olive Oil so I thought I would add this.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful.

I started using pure Macadamia Nut Oil as a deep conditioner for my hair around January, 2007 after I purchased Phyto 7 and Phyto 9. When I first tried Phyto 9 at Sephora at first I didn't think it did anything but after a few minutes my hair was extremely soft.

I bought a tube because my hair was very dry, damaged and I was desperate. The product did help but for 24.00 dollars for a small tube of this it was pricey. Now I know you don't have to use a lot but I read the ingredient list and it was a soy base and macadamia nut Oil so why not just use macadamia nut oil?

I bought an 18 oz bottle of pure macadamia nut oil at Whole Foods for $9.99 and used a bit on my dry hair and it worked great! My hair felt like silk, I didn't have any frizzies and I only needed a tiny amount. It also didn't leave my hair looking greasy.

Since then I started using it as a deep conditioner and I love the effects. My hair comes out extremely soft and light. I use a bit of Jonathan Silky Dirt to weigh it down and my hair is ready to go.

Since January 2007 I have used the same bottle of macadamia nut oil and just yesterday purchased a new bottle for about 10.00 dollars (different brand but about the same amount) but I still have a little left in the bottom of the bottle.

When I use the oil as a deep conditioner I don't drench my hair in it. There isn't a need. I take some of the oil and rub it into my hair until my hair is coated (not dripping) in the oil , twist my hair up into a bun and clip it. I leave the oil all day or all night (depending on when I'm going to wash it) and then wash it with my normal shampoo (I have to use Phosphate free shampoos). After I shampoo I use a little (a pea size) of Frederic_Fekkai Glossing Cream with Olive Oil (I ALWAYS use this as a detangler) and when my hair is dry and it is still too light I may add a bit of of the macadamia nut oil as a leave in.

Don't add the Frederic_Fakkai into the equation of the macadamia nut oil. Seriously, I have gone a few weeks without using the macadamia nut oil and I still use the Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream and I don't feel like my hair is as gorgeous as it is when I deep condition with macadamia nut oil. My hair has this deep condition look and feel to it for at least two to three days after a treatment with the macadamia nut oil.

I love running my hands through my hair and feeling how soft it is and I love the deep, hydrated look it has after a treatment of macadamia nut oil.

Macadamia nut oil doesn’t smell and it’s a pretty light oil. If you try and don’t like it I’m sure the store you purchased it from will take it back. I also hear it’s great for cooking lol.

I found Macadamia nut oil on Amazon for $7.07 for a 16 oz bottle. That’s my next purchase!

So anyways, this is one of my ultimate HG in beauty. I hope someone here finds this review and tries it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No