November 23, 2014 | 1036 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 56 Piece Eye Shadow/Blush Palette

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this palette!!! I've had it now for over a year and I am very happy with it! I made it a point to read the other reviews before I wrote mine. I received this palette, and the neutral palette as a gift. I love the pigmentation of these colors, and they last a long time with the use of eye primer on my skin. Wonderful blending. They photograph very well. The blushes are bright, but a little does go a long way! LOL I haven't tried all of the colors of the blushes and the shadows due to the way that some of them would not look good on my skin color. I do reach for this palette 1st before reaching for any other colors that I have. Between this palette, my CS Neutral Palette and my numerous NYX trios, I am set for quite a while!!! Definite repurchase!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by dsreenitya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have coastal scents 88 shimmer palette and 56 piece Blush & Eye shadow palette and both work just awesome...a few shades are little chalky in the shimmer palette...but 56 palette colors or the pigmentation is just great...Blush shades are good,and the eye shadows with it are awesome...This can definitely be a replacement to any fancy expensive shadows...unless u want a particular shade that is not in the palette...and out of my general curiosity I go to pick up eye shadows in stores when I realize I have that color in my palette...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartmakeup28

I really love the eyeshadows in this palette. they are a great variety of colors and are very vibrant and stay on all day. the ONLY reason i wouldn't rebuy this is because the blushes are scary bright. i like to do bright eyes so i go for a more neutral all over face and these blushes are very bright orangey colors which is sad because they didn't look that way online.

so i would buy only the eyeshadow palette again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

got it around 3 weeks ago, and im very impressed with the pigmentation of the eyeshadows! great array of colours to choose from, and you also get some blushes too. however, the blushes are my least favourite out of the whole palette. they are wayyy too bright and you end up looking like a clown if you dont apply it lightly. two of the blushes are pretty much orange and red. not good. theres two that i like, which is the peachy coral colour and the pink. i wouldnt buy it again cause ill probably never finish it. there's so much! very good price too, got it for $28 canadian after taxes and shipping fees.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coastal Scents 56 piece eye shadow palette / blush palette is affordable, has a nice array of pigmented colors, and is fun to play with. Customer service at Coastal Scents is a plus also - they are nice and friendly people who ship super fast!

That being said - I have played with this several times and I'm not loving it. I tried to do a smokey with the three shades in the bottom right hand corner and found the black was difficult to blend. IMO blendability is crucial and this doesn't measure up.

While I wasn't expecting MUFE, MAC or NARS quality for this price I am still having some buyers remorse since I could have purchased a couple of MAC shades that I really liked.

Before you use this on someone for photography please take pics before hand I found out the hard way that these don't photograph well.

I wouldn't repurchase this item and even though the color selection is pretty awesome if you only like or need a handful of these shades look into MAC. At least then you probably won't have buyer remorse.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kh0pe

Eye shadows are great quality, love them (but be sure to use a base/primer... MIX HALF FOUNDATION HALF MOISTURIZER OR BODY BUTTER AND YOU'VE MADE YOUR OWN!) Unfortunately, they have almost no natural/neutral shades. Plenty of dark browns, but no skin tone/tan/beige for us fair-skinned girls.
The blushes are super bright ! There is an orange (yes, plain old bright orange), a brown (that you could use as bronzer if you go very lightly?), and some hot hot hot pinks. These could be great for darker skin tones, but again, for us with fair skin they are a little on the extreme side.
I wouldn't re-purchase because these will last me forever ! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I have this palette and have been using it for months and months now, 3.5 months actually. ;-) I do not find what the last reviewer said to be true for me however. I never use a primer on my lids and the shadows stay on for a nine hour shift and more without budging! I also do not find that the shadows fall onto my cheek area. (Well matte shadows are always a bit more powdery to me though.) Perhaps the other reviewer needs to go lighter with her sweeps on some of the shadows, and maybe even try dusting off the excess from the brush. As for the blushes, yes they are very pigmented and a little goes a very long way. I love 4 of the 6 shades with the raspberry shade being my favorite and the lighter pinkish one being second to that one. Once again it takes a very light sweep with my Image Blush brush (the best one I have tried with the CS blushes). I want the CS badger blush brush but I do not have that one yet. I think it is safe to say that these shadows & blushes are very similar to most of the high end pigments, the only difference to me is, the CS is actually a little brighter in this palette. This palette has it all, matte, shimmer, and even more of a frost to me. The best from all worlds. I love that it has lighter colors for bases, med. pastels, and of course the very bright pastels for a lack of a better description, and the dark colors from all the color wheels for the smokey eye, or the crease area. I never grow tired of seeing what look I can create for my day. I know this palette is going to last for a very long time before I reach the pan on any of these beautiful colors, mainly because it takes so little to do a beautiful look! I really do not think I have done the same look twice yet with this palette! It is such great fun! I love it, and no, I do not work for CS, nor do they pay me for their reviews. LOL Sorry but some of the girls on youtube have suggested, no.... accused me of being one of the CS promoters, and one girl even said I was the Kathy person from CS because of my age, and the fact that I love my CS palette so much. ;-) Nope, not me. I just know a good product when I do find one, and I know how to read the ingredients from labels on all the brands. I find the ingredients from the CS cosmetics to be equal to, if not better than, a lot of the high end brands! Read it for yourselves, and give it a good try for your own self. I think you too will be very impressed with the quality, quantity, and price. Their customer service has been excellent to me so far. Their shipping time is very swift, packing is beyond great, and always a free gift ( a really nice free gift too). Yep a very long review :-) but I would really like some of the young ladies just starting out collecting themselves a cosmetic wardrobe with little money to spend to hear about a great product that is affordable and is worth spending money on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by splash0306

This highly pigmented palette contains some matte e/s and a few subtle shimmer e/s.

It was a great buy; however, if I would do it again I would forget any palette with a blush. The blushes are too pigmented, too dark, slightly unnatural (imo) and don't seem to work for me. (Maybe I don't have the technique to work with them?) I see these intense shades on dark skinned ladies, but ghoulish on me.

Cons: The shadows need a primer. The shadows get dusty when you run a brush across and e/s residue seems to fall on the cheeks/under eye area (which, come to think of it is a pain in the neck). Forget the blush.

Pros: The color range is great. They last with a primer. Where else will you get so many colors for so little? I may order another, (88) bigger palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty nice palette. It comes with basically all of the color ranges you can expect from an eye shadow and a set of 6 warm colored blushes. As with most CS products are, these are really pigmented and lasts forever on my eyelids and cheeks. Although some eye shadow colors (usually the light matte colors) don't show up as much, overall the quality is very good with an especially nice collection of neutrals. And I LOVE the blushes! they are all very wearable and flattering on an NC25 skin. I own the 88, 88 shimmer, 78 and 28 neutral, and I like this palette the most.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The eye shadow colors are all so vivid and unique. There is matte and glisten shadows too. There are so many creations to made from this one palette, it just boggles my mind. ;-) The blushes are so exactly what I was wanting. There are at least 4 shades that I know I will use very often out of the total six shades in the palette. One is a pink that is awesome, almost a hot pink, but not quite enough blue/purple tint for me to call it hot. It is amazing. Out of all 56 eye shadows, I figure I will use all but about 4 of them. That is a remarkable value to me. The eye shadows are each about the size of a nickel, unlike the 88 palette's dime size shadows, and the blushes are a really nice size. The blushes are bigger than an old fashioned silver dollar by quite a bit. It is hard for me to size the blush pans to anything I can think of right now. Maybe later I can come up with something. ;-)
Right now I am totally loving this palette and the amount of value there is for $21.95. I will update you all on the quality of the makeup after I have used it a few days. It doesn't take long to tell if eye shadow is good, nor the blushes. From all the great reviews on Coastal, I am hoping it does for me what it does for all the other ladies.
Up Date:
This has become my favorite palette!! The colors are amazing! I love the pigments of the shadows and blushes. I use it everyday. I have not had any problems with it bothering my eyes, no burning, itching, etc. The shadows stay in place, no creasing (without Primer), and they last longer than I do! I apply this makeup around 6:00 a.m. work all day, come home, and take it off about 6 or 7 p.m. It still looks as though I just put it on. I really do think this is one of my best makeup finds ever, as for as shadows and blush go. I have not reached for my U.D. or Estee L. shadows, or blush since I got this palette. I do use my Bourjois shadow still though, but now I can save Bourjois and make it last longer since soon it will be no place to be found.
If you are on the fence about the Coastal Scents palettes like I was for so long, just go ahead and get one. You are going to love it.
Up Date:
Keep experimenting 'kh0pe', there are lots of neutrals in this palette. I have had my palette for over 6 months now and I still have not used every color on it. I do run into quite a few that I would call neutral though. I really love all the colors, never find a need for a primer, because it stays put for a nine hour day and longer on me. I do have more dry skin though. I am older. ;-)