July 31, 2014 | 1031 users online

Powder - Revlon - Wet/Dry Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon was my HG drugstore brand for foundation. I would use colorstay and set my foundation with this. I would also use this without foundation. Im NC40/42 and i would use Honey Beige.

My face wouldnt look cakey and it would last all day. I was sad when this was discontinued. I purchased a few backups online but found another product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by SadSadie

Gah! Horrible! Only buy this product if you 1) like zits 2) want to look like you're wearing a mask 3) want your face to feel coated and heavy and 4) are into the "orange" tint.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2005 2:49:00 PM More reviews by PetiteBrunette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews...I actually like this product...the coverage is pretty good and it feels nice on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Spendydoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UGH, this stuff is AWFUL. Take my word for it, you really don't want to try this product. When applied dry, it cakes and accenuates your dry spots, and when applied wet, it looks a blotchy mess. AWFUL!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2004 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Personally, when I buy a powder foundation, as opposed to a simple pressed powder, I expect some coverage. This stuff has none. Zippo, zilch, bupkes. Not to mention the finish is grainy and powdery, and when applied wet it makes me look like a recently unearthed mummy. And the teeny half-mirror is mightily annoying. Could Revlon not afford to put in a mirror that might enable one to actually see one's entire face at once? This substandard and poorly executed product can't hold a candle to Cover Girl's Simply Powder, and I'm not sorry they discontinued it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by nibrocli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i use this dry, over blemishes concealed with a bobbi brown concealer. so i have never used it as an all over face powder. but let me tell you, using it in spots to cover up blemishes has been excellent. it matches my skin color perfectly, and stays put all day. just to clarify, it's the oil-free wet/dry foundation with spf 10 in ivory beige.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2003 8:56:00 PM More reviews by CaterpillarGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bleck! I really hated this product! It made my pores look HUGE and my look skin ashy. I am already very pale and didn't think there was anything in the world that could make my skin look more pasty--then I tried this product and I looked 10x worse with it than I did without it. If you want a nice low-end powder foundation, I HIGHLY recommend Maybelline Pure Stay Powder Foundation instead (added bonus for palefaces like me: the ivory color is perfect for fair skin--not too peach, orange, pink or yellow--a lovely, neutral-toned ivory, which is hard to find!)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2003 10:51:00 PM More reviews by yellowskingirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really pale olive/yellow skin with cool undertones ( combination SUPER sensitve dry acne prone cheeks and chin and upper lip with red acne scars aka hyperpigmentation.

not getting the right coverage from my nc30 studio fix (too drying)(see my pic ugh) and jane stay calm in naturally (too sheer)

this crap bites! it's really drying, and wet it's awful too. no dice!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mriaow

This is a fairly average powder foundation, IMO. Using the dry is much like using any other pressed powder- minimal coverage. Using it wet seems to make it streaky and uneven, at least on my skin. I prefer my Stila IPF or Diorskin anyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2003 8:20:00 PM More reviews by LisaMaree

Firstly - I really like this product. But, I don't use it by itself as a foundation. After Za 2 - Way Foundation was disc. in NZ, I tried using this - and it worked wonderfully! After applying liquid foundation and some loose powder with a big fluffy brush, I apply this just over my t zone ( especially my nose, where I always get shiny ). By using this after applying my foundation, I find the oily bits take a lot longer to appear. I find it is better than pressed powder for touch - up, too!