April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Shampoo for Oily Roots and Dry Ends

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by ttaammii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best shampoo I've ever used. I have very oily hair and no shampoo was ever able to completely get rid of the oil, even ones that were made for oily hair. But then I bought this product and I've now been using it for almost 2 years and it always makes my hair oil-free as well as shiny, soft and smooth. Not only that, but it smells amazinggggg. Other people have said that this shampoo completely dried out their hair, so I guess it's only good to use it if your hair is as oily as mine, meaning that within two days of washing it, all the oil comes right back (I don't even use conditioner). Overall it's an amazing product for me and I love it to bits

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've bounced between this shampoo and others for a while and I do keep coming back to this one.

Pros: The smell is so yummy (always a plus for me) and the product is actually quite light in texture. One tip I did pick up from my hairdress was to only use a small amount and wash the scalp only not the ends.

Cons: I do try to swap this out with other shampoos to keep my hair routine fresh and while this shampoo does do a great job I've found that you really do need to have a good conditioner to keep your hair healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by sienna23

I don't know why this has such bad reviews!
my hair is normally very oily, but when I started using this product I've seen an improvement. It leave my hair soft and shiny!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2005 10:38:00 PM More reviews by tesstoss

honestly this is the most terrible product...when i first went out there trying to discover new prods..this was one of my first...great advertising...crap product....other people i know who have used it the same thing happned to me and them...irritated our scalps, little itchy bumps all appeared on our scalps..this product was harsh

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2004 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Aries01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this but unfortunately, it DRIED OUT my OILY hair! Go figure. The Sleek and Shine is better, but all in all, I'm disappointed with the Garnier line as it looks and smells good but doesn't deliver. Plus, it's not exactly the cheapest drugstore brand out there. I will never buy this stuff again. If you're going to go and buy non-salon shampoo-stick to Dove, Pantene or Got2be products. At least you won't throw away your money. Garnier is just awful. if you use Garnier...stick to the Sleek and Shine only.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2004 8:34:00 PM More reviews by tangerine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't really know if I like this product. However, my hair apparently adores it -- I'm assuming it's the silicone content that my hair loves, because right now, it's so silky, sleek, shiny and straight, much nicer than it was before I washed it. The scent is okay, it lathers nicely, the conditioner does a great job of detangling. I've only used it once, but I'm slightly fearful of the repercussions down the road -- I think I might have to invest in a good clarifying shampoo if I want to continue using this. The packaging is nice. Both the shampoo & conditioner are surprisingly more liquidy than I expected -- I'm used to S&C being thicker.

Will update after more use.

Edit: I really don't like this shampoo. I've used half of it, and honestly, I can't stand the smell anymore and the silicone does bad things to my hair. It also makes my hair greasy after 1 day, something that other shampoos don't do. So much for this~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2002 12:18:00 AM More reviews by dana

Does this not sound like the perfect product? I wish it was. This shampoo lathers well, smells divine (like sweet grapefruit) and is super cheap. But it dries my hair out. I found it to be stripping (and my hair can get OILY!!) So, only 2 lipsticks for this. So glad I bought 5 bottles *eye roll* Available at www.feelbest.com