October 31, 2014 | 1625 users online

Pressed Powders - Jordana - Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarobin

Pros: Matte Coverage Not chalky Not drying Drug Store brand Inexpensive Comparable to Milani press powder Cons: Smells like Baby Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only recently started getting into Jordana products, mostly because of beauty bloggers. It's not a brand that is readily available in stores here in Canada, so anything I want, I buy online. One of the things that got me to buy this powder was the price. I figured even if it was completely horrible, I was only out $2. Happily, I think I found a new HG powder.

One of the things I love about it, which might turn other people off, is the coverage. This powder on it's own gives me more coverage than light coverage foundations. If you have decent skin and not a lot to cover, just this over a sheer BB cream or tinted moisturizer would likely be sufficient. Because the coverage is so good, and due to it being a powder that sits on the skin rather than sinking into the skin, it does wonders for my enlarged pores on my cheekbones and nose. After applying, they quite literally disappear, something I've never experienced with any other product.

One of the minor qualms I have about this powder is that it does have a tendency to transfer if not set with some kind of spray. I ALWAYS set my makeup, either with a makeup setting spray or even just a super-fine mist of water, so this doesn't bother me at all, but those who aren't prone to setting might notice some transfer for the first little while after they put it on. After I put it on, and after setting, it will last a good 8-10 hours. I haven't tested it beyond that, as it's sufficient for my needs.

One other thing to note about this is the colour selection, from what I can see, favours pink undertones more than yellow/neutral. This could pose a little bit of a problem when trying to find a good match. However, despite the coverage, the colour itself actually disperses pretty well, so you would likely be ok if you were a shade off. Their shade system also seems a little odd to me. I'm always the lightest in any foundation colour, but I actually have this in 03 Soft Beige, which is supposed to be darker than the 01 Natural Beige, however in any swatches I've seen, and any site I've bought it from, the 03 definitely looks lighter than the 01, albeit a tad more neutral.

Overall, I'm in love with this powder and will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Jordana products. Unfortunately this powder is a big dissapointment. Feels very heavy, very cakey on. Felt like my skin was suffocating and inevitably i broke out in huge cystic acne. I cleared up my skin and then tried using it again, and AGAIN, huge breakout so im positive this is what did it. The coverage is ok, the shades run towards pink too much and they are so close together that you can't really tell the difference. Overall, im sad it didn't work for me because i wanted to like it. So, in the garbage it goes. Thank God it didn't cost much money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by minkidiva

I love this powder so much!! I've been using jordana blushes,lipsticks and eye liners for so long and they work fantastic for the price. I tried their powder many years ago and it broke and I moved on to another brand. Luckily I came back to this because of makeup alley. I've stop wearing my black opal stick foundation (nutmeg) on a daily basis because I don't think I need full coverage everyday, just if I'm going on a date or clubbing, and I've seen great improvements in my skin. I just wear some concealer and this powder in (107 honey amber) to work or if I'm out running errands this keeps me so matte and it looks so natural, it looks quiet ashy when you first put it on but like 10 minutes it blends with your skin. Great powder for the price. I just went out to get another compact because I've just hit the pan with my current. Love!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by juiiceykreationsmua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product online for about 1.49 or 1.99 the first time I purchased it I repurchased it again today while on 34th street in manhatten for $2.00 needless to say its worth it. you get good quality for a couple of bucks love it.. nc45 skin and I got honey amber 107

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first pressed powder I've tried and I mostly wanted it to help set my BB cream so it would last longer. I usually do not fuss over powders but I though hey why not, it was only a few dollars. Anyhoo I've tried Jordana products before with success and I really like this pressed powder! It was cheap and it does not leave me feeling like I'm wearing makeup which is huge for me. Mine did come with the puff but I just found out it did in the secret compartment with mirror, lol so I now have 3 backup puffs. I had no idea it came with these things! :D I bought the 101 Light Beige and it works terrific on my skin, and I'm pretty fair. I did not buy the lightest toned one because I felt that one was too light for my completion. Product works great and feels light on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I'm a NC 25-30 and I bought the shade "creamy sand" which is a tiny bit too light, but wearable. I'm mostly wearing it over some other foundation, to set or retouch, and mostly over my T-zone and under the eyes, very softly. So it even works as a highlighter, almost. I don't think it emphasizes my pores or fine lines, which is more than I could expect from a pressed powder, especially one this cheap (U$1.99)! So, I'm pretty happy with it!
The packaging is very cheap (but then again, for that price...).
If you don't like scented makeup, you will hate this one. It smells pretty strong of... grannies! LOL I personally like it, it's nostalgic as one other member already said. It takes me back to my childhood.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by outofsight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this. This powder is so good it prompted me to write my first ever review. If you are anywhere between NC37-43 you have to try Light Honey! It was so cheap I also bought Warm Cocoa which I am intending to use a matte bronzer/contour.

So natural looking that I quickly took a flash picture hoping against hope against the dreaded ghost cast. Nope. Just lovely even looking skin. I'm surprised at the coverage. It handled the small veins and melasma from previous blemishes that concealers have trouble handling.

Also I like the fact that it's not completely matte. Other people who intend to use it as a mattifier might be disappointed. Not me. Matches me better than MSF Natural Medium Dark which leans to pink.

Don't know how this will hold up but who cares. I have trouble finding enough products that do the job, look natural and match my weird coloring. Packaging isn't so bad. Yeah its cheap. But it had a mirror. And the included puff I might isn't that bad. At least it's not the faux latex rubbery thingy.

Applied it with the puff, heavy coverage, almost completely matte. Used a MAC 182 lovely even light coverage.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by grellsutcliffspears

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for about one dollar after watching a youtube tutorial. In the video, it said that a lot of people complained about it breaking them out. I have very oily skin, but I very rarely get breakouts, so I ignored it. The powder itself was nice, but the packaging was kind of ugly, was what I thought the first time I tried it. I wore it for about two days before it started to break me out, which was sad, because it wasn't a bad powder. I've had better, but it was nice. If it doesn't break you out, I'd buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by FlavioR

This is a gem. It really surprised me. Matifies, doesn't look too cakey if applied the right way, and very inexpensive. You can't go wrong. The only problem is that it does add a little color/coverage, I'd prefer if it only made my skin matte. The packaging is ugly but functional, not much you can ask for the price. For reference, I'm between NC35~NC40 and I got the shade "creamy sand 105".