October 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Polishes - Essie - Status Symbol

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far, this is my HG hot pink. For me it's just the right combination of cool undertones and electric saucy pink. It's bright enough to be a great summer/spring color, but the cool undertones in the pink would also make it an unexpected but fitting pop of color in winter.

Like many Essie polishes, this went on a bit thin and streaky, but nothing that a second layer couldn't fix. I especially like this with Seche Vite, which gives the color an almost blowy quality.

In short, a fun, very pink Barbie colour

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I looked at this polish in a store, I thought it was the most pretty bright pink I've seen in years. When I got home with it, it turned out to be almost the exact dupe for OPI's 'Strawberry Margarita' (my mom owns one).
I think this is a perfect 'mean girls' pop pink colour, and it is nice to have this is hand for spring/summer, and just anytime I'm feeling a bit of a blue, it's a great mood changer.
Though, I won't give this 4 or 5 points 'cause of quality: the first layer is quite streaky and the second doesn't always cover that. The longevity is average, about three days with top coat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

An awesome watermelon pink, this color is bright but not neon, unique but also classic, it's the perfect hot pink color for your nails. The application is smooth and opaque, never streaky, it takes 2 coats for it to look perfect. The finish is super glossy even without a top coat. I think this polish is perfect all year around since it's such a beautiful classic color.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Veee07

I'm really on the fence about this pink. I'm usually a pink fanatic...but there was nothing "wow" or "i HAVE to have this polish" about this color. I wouldn't describe it as a hot pink but it does have a little burst of color. If you want something bright and fun for summer, this is not the color you're looking for. Overall, it's nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This looks lovely on me within 2 coats, it's the perfect hot pink that doesn't go too blue or too warm... lovely summer AND winter color, i'm sure.

I've got this on toes and nails, and actually painted my nails twice this shade since I got it! I haven't bothered with another polish... And I'm not sure how long this will go on for, but I love it enough to rock it with all my outfits in this season.

It is a cream with no shimmer, and definitely not neon like my other hot pinks.

I also got this packaging in the old Essie format, which I liked more. The new ones look a bit more.. tacky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

It's a cute color, but it did not apply well. After this I'm giving up on Essie. They all apply streaky and require 3 coats. Why do all Essie polishes require three coats? It's driving me crazy.

This color is nothing that unique to require that much work to make it look good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by xLuxeK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this polish! NW05 for reference. It is a gorgeous summery bold pink with no shimmer. Paints on perfectly with no streaks, two coats was just lovely. I have no complaints about this polish. The color looks almost exactly like Movers and Shakers, possibly a tad lighter. I will definitely re-buy this polish. ♥ I uploaded a picture for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by gosh_grace

this is a nice warm pink. its nothing bright, but it look nice on most skin tones. its pretty average, but still cute.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is a good basic pink. I like more exciting colors, but this makes my warm toned skin glow golden and it really stands out on my hands. When I can't wear a crazy color, I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful summer colour on both tips and toes. It is a gorgeous pink colour and applies well. I received many compliments. Ladies, it's not a bubble gum pink colour at all if you're worried about that.