Chanel Lift Lumiere Fluid

Aqua (water). Cyclopentasiloxane. Titanium dioxide. Ethylhexl Methoxcinnamate. Dimethicone. PEG-10 Dimethicone. Glycerin. Phenyl Trimethicone. Butylene Glycol. Boron Nitride. Polymethylsilsequioxane. Pro-Pylene Glycol. Sodium Chloride. Talc. Stearic Acid. Phenoxyethanol. Alumina. Camellia Kissi Seed Oil. C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer. Methylparaben. Aluminium hydroxide. Disteardimonium Hectorite. Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate. Tocopheryl Acetate. Psium Sativum. (Pea) Extract. Propylparaben. VP/Dimethiconylacrylate/Polycarbamyl/Polyglycolester. Alcohol. Sodium Citrate. Sodium Hyaluronate. Silica. Potassium Sorbet. Chlorphenesin. BHT. Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract. Ethylparaben. Tocopherol. Denatonium Benzoate. [+/- (may contain) CI 77007 (Ultramarines). CI 77491, CI 77942, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide). Mica]

on 3/13/2015 8:24:00 AM

This is my HG foundation it ticks all the boxes, it doesn't sink into fine lines and has a beautiful finish not to matt and not to shiny, it lasts ok when I use a primer, my shade is 30 and was matched perfect to my skin, when I wear it I get compliments on how good my skin looks. I have dry patched on my cheeks and this helps it because it has a serum in the foundation. I use it everyday and it lasts me a couple of months, I find the best application is with your fingers. I suffer from rosacea and it covers it well and I never get breakouts from it.
When I heard they discontinued in December I was very dissapointed but on my last visit to the Chanel counter they said it's coming back in the summer, thank god!

on 1/26/2015 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was a really disappointing purchase. I never noticed any kind of lift or tightening, found it did not last well, and provided little coverage. Even using primer and/or a powder to set seemed to make no difference as to how well it lasted, which was half a day at best. The color wasn't easily buildable, and the finish seemed stuck between shiny and satiny, neither being a good coverage.

The packaging makes it impossible to see how much is left - not that I actually cared too much since I wasn't really using it, but it is helpful to know where you stand on a foundation.

Definitely not something I'll purchase again. I'm willing to pay the prices if a product is great, but found this to be a waste of money.

on 1/13/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my, I love this foundation. I'm a foundation snob who loves high end skin products. Who doesn't? Admittedly, i was relieved this product didn't work for me. Phew. I used all of Chanel's foundations and this one is the most expensive. I was told by a sales rep that lift lumiere ran slightly lighter in color shade than the other lines (ex. lumiere perfection) and the tone colors were more neutral. I couldn't tell the difference. I have combination skin, though I wish it'll make up its mind, but it's largely dependent on the weather. It's hot and muggy here, so during the summer months (9 months long), I have oily skin. During cooler months, I have combination skin with dry patches. It was during the cooler months when I used this foundation.The lifting serum in the foundation helps in making your skin look "beautiful" and smooth. My skin looked, dare I say, dreamy? It applies matte but turns luminous in 20 minutes. If only it stayed that way! My face promptly turned oily after two hours. Lift lumiere is not water based, and not for those with oily skin. Yah, I know.
For those ladies who want the firm but not the grease, I suggest using lumiere perfection mixed with your favorite firming serum. For those ladies with dry skin, lucky you. Be warned, dry patches will show regardless of how the foundation is applied. Ladies, Chanel counters offer generous amount of foundation samples, please do take advantage of it. Color may oxidize. Hope this helps.

on 9/17/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best foundation ! The one who works their said it's not for my age! But the other Chanel either Matt or very sheer so this is perfect for me! It's covering! It's glowing and the color is wonderful! I don't know y it's called lift ! It's not lifting my skin!

I was lucky enough to get my shade during a StrawberryNet daily sale. When I first used this foundation, it looked amazing - my husband could tell by the finish that I was using a quality product. I loved the ritual of using a high end brand product and the smell was lovely.

But after awhile, my skin felt oily to the touch and I could see product all over my spectacle frames. Even the patch that I pumped on my hand to use with a brush would oxidise into an orange shade (hopefully I didn't look like an orangutan). As I got to the end of the bottle, I felt that the stronger coverage probably washed me out rather than enhance me but I think its staying power is better than other brands I've tried. Also, it didn't break me out while I was pregnant.

Will I buy again? Maybe if it was on sale but it's not enough to stop me trying other brands.

on 8/28/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Tried this foundation and it went on nicely. Highly disappointed in color choices as with all Chanel foundations, the colors are too dark. I wear ivory in most other brands. The salesfolks try to convince you it is one of their lighter colors. I try by putting it on in the store and then going outside to see the color in daylight. This also allows me not to feel pressured into a purchase if the color is not good.

on 7/15/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got a sample and I wasn't impressed. It is supposed to be a hydrating luminous foundation, and I found it to have quite a flat and dull finish on my skin. I much prefer the Guerlain lingerie de Peau, which is creamier.Lift Lumiere is kind of mat on my skin..I wasn't impressed with it.

on 4/12/2014 3:44:00 PM

I've been on a lifetime search for HG foundation(s) for my increasingly uneven toned skin despite being obsessive about sun exposure on my face sadly but I'll eventually go the laser route I'm sure. In the meantime this foundation is fantastic for providing the perfect coverage while still looking natural. That's the hardest thing for me- previous products that sufficed were always looking unnatural on my combo skin even though I've exhausted application methods (beauty blender and Sigma F80 are top 2 techniques for me). I didn't try this at the counter because that's ultimately ALWAYS pointless as I end up mismatched due to absence of natural lighting. Even MAC's supposedly "magicly lit mirror station" has let me down in this regard. I knew however that #30 would be my best match just by looking at the tester. I was right thankfully and it's a PERFECT match for which I'm grateful since there weren't a lot of color options.
This fluid is silky and beautiful and blends like a dream. I was ecstatic to be able to use my fingers to achieve perfect results quickly and easily. The finish is exactly what I've been searching for: slightly dewy without emphasizing pores at all, covers uneven areas (mostly cheeks) yet still looks very much like natural skin. It provides a glow that I've never before experienced! I am absolutely thrilled with this product. I didn't notice a scent and it didn't aggravate my sensitive skin at all although I do have a reaction to most facial sunscreen.
I lightly applied loose finishing powder with a small brush to certain areas only instead of overall because I wanted to maintain the dewy glow factor to the tops of my cheekbones and my chin and most of my forehead.
It wasn't inexpensive but Chanel foundations seldom are. Only a pump and a half was needed for my liking and I expect this bottle to last at least 3 months but that remains to be seen. If you can get a sample of this you definitely should if you're looking for an overall GREAT liquid foundation with SPF! I highly recommend this to everyone except those with oily skin and extreme discoloration issues.

on 3/21/2014 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Omg..i absolutely love this.i bought this in b30..i actually went to the channel counter to get a sample of this & buy matte lumire but the whole nordstroms store was completly out of the lil sample pots.i let the girl put the perfection lumire on me (i didn't like it when I tried the wrong shade months prior no or did I like it then & don't know why they always seem to push perfection lumire) then matte on 1 side& then washed off perfection&put the lift on the other, while I still really like& plan to get matte I purchased the lift that day. (i think my husband had a bit of sticker shock@the register:).it covers my blotchy redness, don't find my pores or under eye wrinkles.lasts all day for me..ALL DAY just like my DW.but unlike DW it blended seamlessly into my skintone& it looks like I naturally have great skin can barely tell I'm wearing makeup..on me the finish borders on a dewy natural matte.hard to explaine.its just got a natural glow/luminosity to it without being shiny but not in the same way matte lumire is. The big plastic opaque packaging seems cheep compared to the other glass bottles but mabey because it's supposed to have good stuff for your skin? For almost 80 dollars I would have prefered a bit more pretty/classy packaging. I would love to keep re purchasing this one but the price does have its setbacks on that issue. Then agian when something works so well & ticks off almost all the boxes it's worth it. (Wish the spf wasn't in it.as I prefer mine seprate)

on 1/7/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know why I expected (hoped) that Chanel would wow me but she didn't. This was nothing special at all and settled in lines badly. It also looked terrible under flash photography.