September 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Lift Lumiere Fluid

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Loskareta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation ! The one who works their said it's not for my age! But the other Chanel either Matt or very sheer so this is perfect for me! It's covering! It's glowing and the color is wonderful! I don't know y it's called lift ! It's not lifting my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

I was lucky enough to get my shade during a StrawberryNet daily sale. When I first used this foundation, it looked amazing - my husband could tell by the finish that I was using a quality product. I loved the ritual of using a high end brand product and the smell was lovely.

But after awhile, my skin felt oily to the touch and I could see product all over my spectacle frames. Even the patch that I pumped on my hand to use with a brush would oxidise into an orange shade (hopefully I didn't look like an orangutan). As I got to the end of the bottle, I felt that the stronger coverage probably washed me out rather than enhance me but I think its staying power is better than other brands I've tried. Also, it didn't break me out while I was pregnant.

Will I buy again? Maybe if it was on sale but it's not enough to stop me trying other brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by pomeranians

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this foundation and it went on nicely. Highly disappointed in color choices as with all Chanel foundations, the colors are too dark. I wear ivory in most other brands. The salesfolks try to convince you it is one of their lighter colors. I try by putting it on in the store and then going outside to see the color in daylight. This also allows me not to feel pressured into a purchase if the color is not good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a sample and I wasn't impressed. It is supposed to be a hydrating luminous foundation, and I found it to have quite a flat and dull finish on my skin. I much prefer the Guerlain lingerie de Peau, which is creamier.Lift Lumiere is kind of mat on my skin..I wasn't impressed with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on a lifetime search for HG foundation(s) for my increasingly uneven toned skin despite being obsessive about sun exposure on my face sadly but I'll eventually go the laser route I'm sure. In the meantime this foundation is fantastic for providing the perfect coverage while still looking natural. That's the hardest thing for me- previous products that sufficed were always looking unnatural on my combo skin even though I've exhausted application methods (beauty blender and Sigma F80 are top 2 techniques for me). I didn't try this at the counter because that's ultimately ALWAYS pointless as I end up mismatched due to absence of natural lighting. Even MAC's supposedly "magicly lit mirror station" has let me down in this regard. I knew however that #30 would be my best match just by looking at the tester. I was right thankfully and it's a PERFECT match for which I'm grateful since there weren't a lot of color options.
This fluid is silky and beautiful and blends like a dream. I was ecstatic to be able to use my fingers to achieve perfect results quickly and easily. The finish is exactly what I've been searching for: slightly dewy without emphasizing pores at all, covers uneven areas (mostly cheeks) yet still looks very much like natural skin. It provides a glow that I've never before experienced! I am absolutely thrilled with this product. I didn't notice a scent and it didn't aggravate my sensitive skin at all although I do have a reaction to most facial sunscreen.
I lightly applied loose finishing powder with a small brush to certain areas only instead of overall because I wanted to maintain the dewy glow factor to the tops of my cheekbones and my chin and most of my forehead.
It wasn't inexpensive but Chanel foundations seldom are. Only a pump and a half was needed for my liking and I expect this bottle to last at least 3 months but that remains to be seen. If you can get a sample of this you definitely should if you're looking for an overall GREAT liquid foundation with SPF! I highly recommend this to everyone except those with oily skin and extreme discoloration issues.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg..i absolutely love this.i bought this in b30..i actually went to the channel counter to get a sample of this & buy matte lumire but the whole nordstroms store was completly out of the lil sample pots.i let the girl put the perfection lumire on me (i didn't like it when I tried the wrong shade months prior no or did I like it then & don't know why they always seem to push perfection lumire) then matte on 1 side& then washed off perfection&put the lift on the other, while I still really like& plan to get matte I purchased the lift that day. (i think my husband had a bit of sticker shock@the register:).it covers my blotchy redness, don't find my pores or under eye wrinkles.lasts all day for me..ALL DAY just like my DW.but unlike DW it blended seamlessly into my skintone& it looks like I naturally have great skin can barely tell I'm wearing makeup..on me the finish borders on a dewy natural matte.hard to explaine.its just got a natural glow/luminosity to it without being shiny but not in the same way matte lumire is. The big plastic opaque packaging seems cheep compared to the other glass bottles but mabey because it's supposed to have good stuff for your skin? For almost 80 dollars I would have prefered a bit more pretty/classy packaging. I would love to keep re purchasing this one but the price does have its setbacks on that issue. Then agian when something works so well & ticks off almost all the boxes it's worth it. (Wish the spf wasn't in it.as I prefer mine seprate)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

I don't know why I expected (hoped) that Chanel would wow me but she didn't. This was nothing special at all and settled in lines badly. It also looked terrible under flash photography.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this after looking in the mirror at our local mall, and seeing that my minimalist tinted moisturizer was just not covering enough. The SA at the Chanel counter was so pushy and trying to sell me other things that she wasn't paying attention and sold me the wrong foundation. She told me that perfection lumiere was her recommendation for me based on the needs I described. When I wound up with Lift Lumiere instead, I was actually relieved due to the more favorable MUA reviews. The color she chose for me was 20 clair, which is actually a good match, but perhaps a tad too dark/orangey. This cost me $65 US, which I believe may be the most I have spent on foundation, but I would have been fine with that if I liked it. However, I don't. I can't seem to get it to work right--I've used fingers to apply, brushes, primer, no primer, and it just seems to accentuate pores, stick to dry patches, and just in general looks cakey. And I have an extremely light touch. I put the pump up against the back of my hand to release a dot, and then do that again if I need more. A couple of times, I have had to start over, and exfoliate, remoisturize, etc., in order to make it look decent. I'm finally at the point where I realize that my foundation should work for me, not the other way around. Especially at such a high price point. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love love
I have tried VA, nars, Clarins, Lancôme, Estée LUder, Mac, you name it. Even clinique and I have reacted to so many and this is THE ONLY one I haven't. stila was good but the finish was almost masking. Lift is luxurious, it has dimension. My skin is flawless when I use the loose powder over top and I don't need to blot till late afternoon or at all. I bought 30 over the phone but just picked up 40 today at the Bay. I will use both colors or mix. It feels like real skin but softer. It feels like it nourishes my skin, I just love it so much and the smell.
I am so happy to fun my all time favorite foundation !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Lochinvar

I love this stuff. I've been foundation shopping and have acquired a load of foundation samples but this stuff, I purchased.

I have normal/combination skin. I put this on and it evens out my skin tone, gives a lovely glow and is the closest to a foundation that 'looks like skin' that I've ever worn.

I read the reviews and destructions that came with it and so I moisturise first, let the moisturiser settle, then I quickly apply this with my fingers. It gives a lovely sheer coverage and I forget that I'm wearing foundation.

This and Lancôme Teint Miracle are now my two favourite foundations. Ludicrously expensive, but the finish and look is worth it.