Jason Natural Cosmetics Dandruff Relief Dandruff Shampoo

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Sulfur 2.0 %, Salicylic Acid 2.0 % Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (1), Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (1), Camphor, Dimethyl Sulfone (2), Menthol, Methyl Salicylate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/27/2015 9:08:00 AM

My sister purchased a bottle of this and found it effective against her scalp flaking & itching. They were gone after a month's usage so she gave the rest for me to try. I used it a couple of times 6 months ago, back when I still had a pixie cut, and although I loved the tingling and cooling effect on my scalp, my hair frizzed up and got incredibly poufy after. Nightmare! I shelved it and went back to using other shampoos. Unfortunately, due to harsh chemicals/product buildup, I started getting flakes and itchy scalp again, and after I had my now-chin length hair chemically straightened, I decided to try this again. A couple of washes in and I've rediscovered why it's gotten so many good reviews.
PROS: 1. Love the tingling/cooling sensation while it sits on the scalp; 2. Eases the itching; 3. Gets rid of oil and product buildup; 4. The bottle is huge so it lasts a long time; 5. Reportedly gets rid of pimples/blemishes, too.
CONS: 1. The smell takes a while to get used to. It starts off herbalish but there's a note of rotten eggs there due to the sulfur. I'd only use this when I'm staying in for fear that other people might catch a whiff of my hair; 2. A bit pricey.
NEUTRAL: This doesn't lather that much and is more of a scalp treatment rather than a shampoo.
It's still to early to tell whether it will eliminate the flakes, so I will update after a month or two.

I tam using the 2 in 1 version. It is amazing! It cleared up my dandruff immediately. The 2-1 has no sulfur smell. The first few times I used this, my hair was extra frizzy, but after a while, my hair got use to it. I use apple cider vinegar and borax as a hair conditioner, and I have thick wavy dry hair. My scalp and hair look fantastic now. :D

This shampoo really does work---amazingly well. It does everything it claims it will do. The only problem is the odor. It is extremely strong, and it's sulfur, so it's not exactly a pleasant smell. You won't notice it when first washing, as there is a fragrance present that masks it that is not offending. But give it about 1 hour after drying, and it picks up intensely. I really regretted having this on during a day at work. It will even keep an odor on your pillowcase that is hard to wash out. It takes several washes to come out as even using a different shampoo afterwards, it still lingered.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

While it did take care of my dandruff the man-smell was too much... also when it got near my eyes, NOT IN THEM it started to sting and I started losing some hair... hell nah mang! >:/

on 7/14/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its pretty good! I like that it has essential oils in it for hydration as well as salicylic acid to exfoliate the scalp. This shampoo has majorly helped with my dandruff. You only need to use a small amount. I like to smooth it into my hair, leave it for a few minutes, and then lather it up and rinse. It leaves your hair clean and refreshed. Aww.

on 1/29/2014 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this shampoo after reading reviews that said it helps with "stinky scalp". It really does help!

I don't have dandruff but if I skipped a day of washing my hair, I would be aware of a sour odor that I did not notice on other people. This was a bummer because washing your hair everyday should not be necessary and can be drying and damaging.

I used the Jason shampoo for two days in a row, then I skipped shampooing on the third day. No more weird scalp odor!! Since then I have been shampooing with the Jason shampoo every other day and have not had a problem with the odor returning on the off days. I recommend trying hard to isolate the shampoo to your scalp and protecting your hair from it. This is a great scalp treatment, but your hair really does not need it.

As an added bonus, I have been using this shampoo on my face where I tend the get clogged pores. It makes sense that a shampoo that deeply cleans pores on the scalp with salicylic acid and sulfur would also do the same on the face, right? It totally does! I mean my face is miraculously clean, my pores seem empty and they are so small! Somehow all of that and yet my face is not overly dry or red from the aggressive ingredients. Instead my skin is comfortable and remarkable unirritated. Of course the sulfur smell is hard to rinse away - so you have to really, really rinse and then rinse again. This is easiest in the shower and it helps to follow up with a toner to try to get every last bit of sulfur off your skin.

on 7/12/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have dandruff and have always used Head & Shoulder. Whenever I'd stop using that, my head would itch like *crazy*.
Eventually I've developped seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and had to switch to something else. So I did a little research, went to Whole Foods, and tried a "healthier" and natural alternative to H&S (bonus: my red hair lasted a lot longer too!)

My verdict? Very good. Highly recommend this product if you have scalp problems like I do.
The stuff works. I've been using it for around 1.5 years and I still love it. I don't have dandruff anymore and never made my seborrheic dermatitis worse and calms it down (whenever I had it; it comes and goes). Also, keeps my head itch-free as well.
Besides, this stuff is a lot more gentle than H&S (meaning your scalp becomes oily a lot slower than H&S).
The smell is a bit off-putting. When wet, it smells like mint and ash. When dried, smells very earthy and ash-y. It's not that bad though.
Also, even though this shampoo doesn't lather well, it cleans your hair pretty well. Can be a little drying (could be something else), so I recommend using a conditioner.

i love that this shampoo doesnt effect my hair color (i dye it red) and it definitely helps my itchy/flakey scalp. in the colder months i struggle with dandruff. its important to use this a few times before you make a final decision about the product. the first time i used it, my scalp was still itchy and i had some flaking. after a week of use, washing with this product only every other day, my scalp is much better. if your scalp is really a mess i would try denorex shampoo. when i was younger i had sebhorric dermititis where i had very very bad flaking to the point where i had some small bald pathes. denorex cured this problem for me. i would recommend jason for regular dandruff, but for a more severe case give denorex a try.

on 1/21/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A great dandruff shampoo IF you have thick healthy hair. Gave me great, shiny curls and clearly is clarifying. People complain about scent, but once I used my Morrocain oil conditioner and treatment, could not smell a thing. If you have dry or fine hair - may not like it as much,

on 11/14/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I developed scalp dermatitis about a month ago and tried to ease the annoying itch by switching to organic shampoo/conditioners with no effect. Then i happened to come across this on a website and decided to try it since it was organic (i have an organic obsession) and did not have coal in it...i hate the smell of coal tar shampoos. ugh.
Alot of people complain about the smell of this shampoo so i was prepared for the worst...however, i did not find the smell offensive at all. Its actually quite nice. For me, this shampoo was love at first wash...it calmed my scalp and eased the itch, and had a creamy thick lather. I found it a little dry so i followed up with my regular conditioner...one day later...wow...less itch and my hair is actually volumnised for some reason..it seems thicker and stronger, feels luxurious and smells great. No more limpness or dryness. wow..i'm in love. lol

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products