October 24, 2014 | 1741 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Dandruff Relief Dandruff Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While it did take care of my dandruff the man-smell was too much... also when it got near my eyes, NOT IN THEM it started to sting and I started losing some hair... hell nah mang! >:/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lesebastien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its pretty good! I like that it has essential oils in it for hydration as well as salicylic acid to exfoliate the scalp. This shampoo has majorly helped with my dandruff. You only need to use a small amount. I like to smooth it into my hair, leave it for a few minutes, and then lather it up and rinse. It leaves your hair clean and refreshed. Aww.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ashebrook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo after reading reviews that said it helps with "stinky scalp". It really does help!

I don't have dandruff but if I skipped a day of washing my hair, I would be aware of a sour odor that I did not notice on other people. This was a bummer because washing your hair everyday should not be necessary and can be drying and damaging.

I used the Jason shampoo for two days in a row, then I skipped shampooing on the third day. No more weird scalp odor!! Since then I have been shampooing with the Jason shampoo every other day and have not had a problem with the odor returning on the off days. I recommend trying hard to isolate the shampoo to your scalp and protecting your hair from it. This is a great scalp treatment, but your hair really does not need it.

As an added bonus, I have been using this shampoo on my face where I tend the get clogged pores. It makes sense that a shampoo that deeply cleans pores on the scalp with salicylic acid and sulfur would also do the same on the face, right? It totally does! I mean my face is miraculously clean, my pores seem empty and they are so small! Somehow all of that and yet my face is not overly dry or red from the aggressive ingredients. Instead my skin is comfortable and remarkable unirritated. Of course the sulfur smell is hard to rinse away - so you have to really, really rinse and then rinse again. This is easiest in the shower and it helps to follow up with a toner to try to get every last bit of sulfur off your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by 21beans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought to treat my itchy flakey scalp, the initial effects were great. After around 6 months I've noticed an increase in hair falling out while washing and can only put it down to this shampoo as nothing else in my routine has changed. I also noticed it wasn't as effective in controlling the itching and flaking and it dried my hair out slightly. The smell was quite strong and herbal but bearable whilst the anti-itch results were good. I've used this on other areas of itchy skin (arms and legs) and found it immediately effective so would repurchase on that basis but probably not for my hair.

EDIT: I've decided to up this to four. I get the same initial results if I alternate this with my other shampoo or use it more like a scalp treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dandruff and have always used Head & Shoulder. Whenever I'd stop using that, my head would itch like *crazy*.
Eventually I've developped seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and had to switch to something else. So I did a little research, went to Whole Foods, and tried a "healthier" and natural alternative to H&S (bonus: my red hair lasted a lot longer too!)

My verdict? Very good. Highly recommend this product if you have scalp problems like I do.
The stuff works. I've been using it for around 1.5 years and I still love it. I don't have dandruff anymore and never made my seborrheic dermatitis worse and calms it down (whenever I had it; it comes and goes). Also, keeps my head itch-free as well.
Besides, this stuff is a lot more gentle than H&S (meaning your scalp becomes oily a lot slower than H&S).
The smell is a bit off-putting. When wet, it smells like mint and ash. When dried, smells very earthy and ash-y. It's not that bad though.
Also, even though this shampoo doesn't lather well, it cleans your hair pretty well. Can be a little drying (could be something else), so I recommend using a conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sgrplmfairy333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love that this shampoo doesnt effect my hair color (i dye it red) and it definitely helps my itchy/flakey scalp. in the colder months i struggle with dandruff. its important to use this a few times before you make a final decision about the product. the first time i used it, my scalp was still itchy and i had some flaking. after a week of use, washing with this product only every other day, my scalp is much better. if your scalp is really a mess i would try denorex shampoo. when i was younger i had sebhorric dermititis where i had very very bad flaking to the point where i had some small bald pathes. denorex cured this problem for me. i would recommend jason for regular dandruff, but for a more severe case give denorex a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great dandruff shampoo IF you have thick healthy hair. Gave me great, shiny curls and clearly is clarifying. People complain about scent, but once I used my Morrocain oil conditioner and treatment, could not smell a thing. If you have dry or fine hair - may not like it as much,

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Nobodys_angel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I developed scalp dermatitis about a month ago and tried to ease the annoying itch by switching to organic shampoo/conditioners with no effect. Then i happened to come across this on a website and decided to try it since it was organic (i have an organic obsession) and did not have coal in it...i hate the smell of coal tar shampoos. ugh.
Alot of people complain about the smell of this shampoo so i was prepared for the worst...however, i did not find the smell offensive at all. Its actually quite nice. For me, this shampoo was love at first wash...it calmed my scalp and eased the itch, and had a creamy thick lather. I found it a little dry so i followed up with my regular conditioner...one day later...wow...less itch and my hair is actually volumnised for some reason..it seems thicker and stronger, feels luxurious and smells great. No more limpness or dryness. wow..i'm in love. lol

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by elinarodrigues

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed with this product. I read among the Amazon reviews that it could help with "smelly scalp", a scalp infection, which I got after using hair extensions over a year ago. Nothing cured it, no amount of antibiotic soaps, natural tea trea and vinegar treatments, nizoral, t-gel or any other medicated shampoo.. I am so glad I tried this, the smell is gone, my hair has no build-up. The shampoo does not lather as it has no harsh ingredients, the oils make my hair so soft and well conditioned. After blow-drying my hair smells amazing, there seems to be absolutely no left-over sulphur smell at all. I can honestly say my hair is in the best condition it has ever been. If the "smelly scalp" condition never comes back, I will throw a party!! Will post an update review in a couple of months :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by scribe9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First here is a little back round on my hair type. I have curly (3B), fine, waist length hair and either really bad build up or dandruff. I follow the Curly Girl method to an extent. I don't put parabens or sulfates (basically harsh chemicals) in my hair nor do I use any heat treatment or harsh dyes. This being said, one would think it would be fairly easy to keep my hair from build up and damage. I guess not.

I've tried plenty of "clarifying shampoos" such as Avalon Organics (dried my hair out and did not get rid of buildup) along with regular Tea Tree Shampoos (Tea tree is suppose to help with dandruff and itchiness) and everything in between. I dreaded the thought I might be headed back to Head n Shoulders, but then I read the reviews about Jason's dandruff relief treatment shampoo and thought I would give it a try.

I've only used this product twice so far. The first wash didn't do anything. I could still see dandruff after I washed (that's how bad it was), but the second wash (three days later) left my hair Beautiful. Usually when I use any sort of shampoo it strips my hair of my natural oils and I'm left with a frizzy mess even with hair product. It would take up to 3 days for my hair to look remotely good, but by that time I would need another wash. Jason's shampoo left my hair soft, bouncy, and with very little frizz plus no dandruff/buildup or residue! I personally, don't smell the sulfur or anything really and no one has commented that my hair smells. This product is my Head n Shoulders, but without all the harsh chemicals.