Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat Oil-Free Foundation

4.4

Water/Eau(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (Dimethicone Copolyol), Polyethylene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Beeswax/Cire D'Abeille (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Gardenia Florida Extract, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain [ /-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. (cont. benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have ever used but it is way too expensive to be practical for me. If you've got money to burn though, buy it!

on 2/17/2015 9:09:00 AM

This is a really lovely foundation, satiny and natural light coverage, can be built up a little but not good for covering anything major, the only real thing that out me off is THE SMELL! It has this fragrance packed scent that makes my face wreak of a grandmas powder table and I really can't handle it, these days I just seem to have a weak stomach for anything that is scented and this is one of those things :(

on 2/11/2015 5:57:00 AM

I am very conflicted about buying this again because the price is utterly ridiculous and this is definitely a every day wear rather than special occasion type of foundation as it has only light coverage in my opinion. I have maybe 2 or 3 face fulls of my bottle left now and ive been desperately trying to find a cheaper alternative but there simply isn't one.

The main positive points for me about this foundation are that the colour 0 porcelain is an excellent match (very hard to come by when you are the colour of clotted cream!), and that it really does stand up to my oily skin with no fear of clogging or irritation. It also gives a lovely matte but not flat or dead looking finish and never settles in pores.

My complaints are that in order to get even medium coverage (I have loads if acne scars and usually a few spots) I have to stipple onquite heavily with a beauty blender. The effect is lovely and airbrushed this way although it uses a ton of very expensive product. The other things that bother me are the smell and the fact that when my skin is dry it can show up flakes quite a lot and itdoes look very powdery when first applied but this wears off quickly as I am so oily!

Overall its a lovely product and one of the best I've found but I think I will keep looking for something else a bit longer before I cave and buy it again!

on 1/3/2015 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This foundation has some good qualities, lightweight, it minimizes pores, does not accentuate dry, flakey skin, lasts all day it provided a natural, slightly matte finish. When I applied this foundation it looked great very natural, it didn’t feel like I was wearing foundation which I loved. However, this foundation does not perform better than a $50 foundation, or Revlon colourstay. There are much better foundations on the market.
The Pros
-Once applied it looked natural, a light to medium coverage
-Great for flash photography
The cons
This shade ( Mocha ) oxidized on me. It got much darker(and more red, I’m a yellow undertone) so this was a no. in a few hours it didn’t look very natural at all.
-Not enough shade ranges for darker skin, if you’re darker than NC50 forget about it.
-It is very expensive! Not worth the price!

I would not buy this again

on 11/24/2014 6:42:00 PM

If you are concerned about parabens and/or talc, this product has both. It is similar to Chanel Perfection Lumiere in that it shrinks larger pores for a flawless look, only more so. 2 big differences are the frangrance and price. I don't usually like to be so blunt, but I can't help it (maybe the price has something to do with it). The smell is hideous, and the price is over the top. The smell goes away after a while though. I like Chanel's Beige 30 color better, as compared to the 1+ in Sisley. The 1+ is a little lighter, but was the best match. My complexion is light/warm. If I could get past the ingredients and smell, I would highly recommend; if you don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks, this is an awesome look. Alas, I cannot. I will use for special occassion. It should not be a problem with the parabens, it will last. Sorry to be negative, but this product has tremendous potential.

on 9/28/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really quite liked this after my first few tries and I am very fussy. It's a lovely leightweight formula, not drying and very smooth to apply. Melts into the skin but covers well. The first thing i noticed was the scent, very overpowering and i thought at first this would be the dealbreaker but the very strong floral scent actually grew on me after the first to days of wear. The deal breaker was sadly this foundation broke me out badly and i rarely break out with foundations or any cosmetic. I noticed itching on my chin which then quickly developed into tiny, angry red itchy spots. So i can never use this product again now. Another negative of this was i found it to set a little too powdery for my likeing. The lasting power however is very good as well as the oil control which is why i found it suprising that i broke out from this i am guessing the extreme perfume is the culprit.

on 9/15/2014 2:50:00 AM

This is the MOST AMAZING foundation ever known to man. I have been using this for the past few years and although it cost a pretty penny, it is definitely worth every cent. It makes make up stay on better and look very natural. Only thing I will say is the coverage is medium at best so do not expect full coverage.

on 9/12/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

After 12 months of testing and reviewing countless foundations from high end to drugstore, I can safely say I've found my top 2 foundations and this is one of them (the other is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Skin Fusion).They both have the properties I'm searching for in a foundation which are:

No need for primer or powder
Stays in place for a minimum of 10 hours
Provides a light glow without being shiny
Medium coverage

These 2 products tick all my boxes. As an added bonus, I don't even need a bronzer to darken them if I don't feel like wearing one as they are the perfect shade for my NW45-47 skin. (I wear #4 shade in both products)

Never again will I try and make an inferior product fit my needs...these do everything I need and more!

on 9/9/2014 4:23:00 AM

WOW..the best foundation I've treated myself to in a long while. It goes on super light, covers pores without needing a separate pore concealer (silicones), has minimal oxidation and when used sparingly doesn't even look like you have any foundation on.

This is Seoul, so women tend to use shades that are way lighter than their actual complexion. (you may be surprised but the three main shades that are
recommended here are the three fairest shades - Porcelain (yellow undertone: tones down redness, gives serene calm look), Vanilla (pink undertone; livens up a dead looking face right away, makes you look fairer), and Ivory(neutral: the most popular shade for Korean women, equivalent to Korean shade no.21, probably will fit 80% of all medium/lightish East Asian skin i.e. Chinese/Korean/Japanese))

You'd think it wouldn't be a good match, considering how Western white skinned women wear darker shades of the same product…but it's surprisingly forgiving, really melting into your own skin tone throughout the day.

The price is a big minus, but I can see how one bottle will probably last me for more than 6-7 months considering how little is required. LOVE!!!

on 8/3/2014 3:12:00 AM

Hold your breath when you pay for this one it is pricey - but on the upside a little goes a long way and it will last a long time. It has amazing coverage for the small amount of product needed - I find two pumps is adequate to build up a light to medium coverage.

This seems to look better as the day goes on and gives a really natural healthy and dewy/satin finish skin look but not shiny. I still get a little shiny on my nose after a few hours but everything does that on me with my normal/combination skin. I find it wears really well and easily lasts all day and can be touched up with a little powder to carry on into the night.

In winter I can easily wear this without powder and in summer I use something with a little colour in or bronzer as this is just a little light for me with a tan. I have found just about any powder pairs with this foundation nicely.

My favourite way to apply this is with a flat or slanted top kabuki - lightly sprayed to dampen slightly, this foundation gives you plenty of time to get it beautifully buffed in and just looks like good skin in no time at all. I have tried this with a Beauty Blender but find it sheers it out too much.

I have found a good match for my NC15 skin tone in (0) Porcelain which has a yellow undertone. I'm trying to be good and use up my stash before any repurchases but may just find myself giving in on this one.