Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat Oil-Free Foundation

4.3

Water/Eau(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (Dimethicone Copolyol), Polyethylene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Beeswax/Cire D'Abeille (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Gardenia Florida Extract, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain [ /-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. (cont. benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone).

on 5/3/2015 9:50:00 AM

Every time I finish a bottle of Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation I try to seek a better substitute. I like a sheer coverage, oil-free base for summer. Phyto Teint fits the bill in that sense: the finish is matte yet luminous, it is super easy to blend and does not sit in lines AT ALL! (even better than KGD), and it`s also very long lasting with a light setting of powder. I am 012 for KGD Aqua and Ivory for Phyto Teint and the color match is just great for my complexion. I did not experience any oxidation after more than 10 hours. The reason that I will not repurchase is that it is incredibly expensive, has a fragrance which I am not too crazy about, and has no SPF whatsoever.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I used this one 2 bottles .....long time ago when I graduated and wanted something new.

The foundation is satin texture , rich , easy to blend on your skin . It keep your skin look glow all day. At the end of the day , the color change to slightly dark on my skin . I live in a hot climate , so this product is quite oily when I stay in the sun , sweat ... doesn't look good.

I think this product is good when you use in winter , low humidity . All of them have PINK undertone . I'm asian with yellow under tone , I can't wear it often . But I do love its rich luxurious texture on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have ever used but it is way too expensive to be practical for me. If you've got money to burn though, buy it!

on 2/17/2015 9:09:00 AM

This is a really lovely foundation, satiny and natural light coverage, can be built up a little but not good for covering anything major, the only real thing that out me off is THE SMELL! It has this fragrance packed scent that makes my face wreak of a grandmas powder table and I really can't handle it, these days I just seem to have a weak stomach for anything that is scented and this is one of those things :(

on 2/11/2015 5:57:00 AM

I am very conflicted about buying this again because the price is utterly ridiculous and this is definitely a every day wear rather than special occasion type of foundation as it has only light coverage in my opinion. I have maybe 2 or 3 face fulls of my bottle left now and ive been desperately trying to find a cheaper alternative but there simply isn't one.

The main positive points for me about this foundation are that the colour 0 porcelain is an excellent match (very hard to come by when you are the colour of clotted cream!), and that it really does stand up to my oily skin with no fear of clogging or irritation. It also gives a lovely matte but not flat or dead looking finish and never settles in pores.

My complaints are that in order to get even medium coverage (I have loads if acne scars and usually a few spots) I have to stipple onquite heavily with a beauty blender. The effect is lovely and airbrushed this way although it uses a ton of very expensive product. The other things that bother me are the smell and the fact that when my skin is dry it can show up flakes quite a lot and itdoes look very powdery when first applied but this wears off quickly as I am so oily!

Overall its a lovely product and one of the best I've found but I think I will keep looking for something else a bit longer before I cave and buy it again!

on 1/3/2015 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This foundation has some good qualities, lightweight, it minimizes pores, does not accentuate dry, flakey skin, lasts all day it provided a natural, slightly matte finish. When I applied this foundation it looked great very natural, it didnít feel like I was wearing foundation which I loved. However, this foundation does not perform better than a $50 foundation, or Revlon colourstay. There are much better foundations on the market.
The Pros
-Once applied it looked natural, a light to medium coverage
-Great for flash photography
The cons
This shade ( Mocha ) oxidized on me. It got much darker(and more red, Iím a yellow undertone) so this was a no. in a few hours it didnít look very natural at all.
-Not enough shade ranges for darker skin, if youíre darker than NC50 forget about it.
-It is very expensive! Not worth the price!

I would not buy this again

on 11/24/2014 6:42:00 PM

If you are concerned about parabens and/or talc, this product has both. It is similar to Chanel Perfection Lumiere in that it shrinks larger pores for a flawless look, only more so. 2 big differences are the frangrance and price. I don't usually like to be so blunt, but I can't help it (maybe the price has something to do with it). The smell is hideous, and the price is over the top. The smell goes away after a while though. I like Chanel's Beige 30 color better, as compared to the 1+ in Sisley. The 1+ is a little lighter, but was the best match. My complexion is light/warm. If I could get past the ingredients and smell, I would highly recommend; if you don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks, this is an awesome look. Alas, I cannot. I will use for special occassion. It should not be a problem with the parabens, it will last. Sorry to be negative, but this product has tremendous potential.

on 9/28/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really quite liked this after my first few tries and I am very fussy. It's a lovely leightweight formula, not drying and very smooth to apply. Melts into the skin but covers well. The first thing i noticed was the scent, very overpowering and i thought at first this would be the dealbreaker but the very strong floral scent actually grew on me after the first to days of wear. The deal breaker was sadly this foundation broke me out badly and i rarely break out with foundations or any cosmetic. I noticed itching on my chin which then quickly developed into tiny, angry red itchy spots. So i can never use this product again now. Another negative of this was i found it to set a little too powdery for my likeing. The lasting power however is very good as well as the oil control which is why i found it suprising that i broke out from this i am guessing the extreme perfume is the culprit.

on 9/15/2014 2:50:00 AM

This is the MOST AMAZING foundation ever known to man. I have been using this for the past few years and although it cost a pretty penny, it is definitely worth every cent. It makes make up stay on better and look very natural. Only thing I will say is the coverage is medium at best so do not expect full coverage.

on 9/12/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

After 12 months of testing and reviewing countless foundations from high end to drugstore, I can safely say I've found my top 2 foundations and this is one of them (the other is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Skin Fusion).They both have the properties I'm searching for in a foundation which are:

No need for primer or powder
Stays in place for a minimum of 10 hours
Provides a light glow without being shiny
Medium coverage

These 2 products tick all my boxes. As an added bonus, I don't even need a bronzer to darken them if I don't feel like wearing one as they are the perfect shade for my NW45-47 skin. (I wear #4 shade in both products)

Never again will I try and make an inferior product fit my needs...these do everything I need and more!