November 28, 2014 | 1592 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved that I finally found a drugstore organic eyeliner.

You definitely need to apply a primer and powder before applying this pencil. It smudges easily otherwise. It sharpens easily and does not irritate my sensitive eyes. I wasn't super impressed and will not buy it again but I still use it in my water line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

UPDATE:
Am loving Dr. Hauschka's kohl brown eyeliner 04. Use it all the time. Great staying power, goes on easy, and looks great. No burning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst liner ever. If you are trying to go green with your makeup, steer clear. Not only did it not have good slip so that it wouldn't glide on, but it burned my eyes out like no other. My eyes were stinging within the hour. I know this isn't just a figment because I put it in the back of the drawer and forgot about it. I rediscovered it a few days ago, and oh my gosh, the stinging! Jogged my memory. I know I'm not the only person that has problems with Physicians Formula's line of green products because you see similar complaints of stinging with their eco mascara on MUA and Amazon. It is not okay.

I've been spoiled with the smudgy and natural-looking Urban Decay 24/7 pencils for the past five years. I am willing to leave my favorite dark purple shade if I can just find a good eco light and dark brown liner. Going to try Dr. Hauschka, Jane Iredale, and Lavera's liners next as they look really promising by the reviews. Will report back and update this review.

INGREDIENTS:
SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL *, BEESWAX *, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE -2, CAPRYLIC / CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX*, SQUALANE, MICA, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL *, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL *, TOCOPHEROL, MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE.

VERDICT:
Stings. Sad excuse of an eco liner. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sweettsok

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great organic pencil eyeliner. Goes on softly, correct with a q tip. Black woods is the darkest espresso black. Until someone shows me something better, this is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best organic/natural eyeliner I have found - no parabens, toxins, etc. Perfect texture, not too hard and not too soft - makes a great easy line. Just wish it came in more colors than just black.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kmbeauty86

WOW! Such a great eyeliner! I purchased this when CVS had some of their 75% of sales, and I decided why not. It is one of the best eyeliners I have used on the waterline/tightline since it stays remarkably well and has great pigmentation. It doesn't irritate my eyes (I do wear contacts) and it glides on really smoothly. I only have great things to say about this eyeliner so if you're looking for a good pencil eyeliner for your waterline, check this out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is yet another one of those crappy drugstore pencil eyeliners that are really dry and you really have to press into your eyes, which isn't very good for your sensitive under eye skin. Anyways the pigmentation and lasting power are decent but like countless other pencil eyeliners it's not creamy enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by mirrabelle

I wear black olive and I love it. It goes on really smooth and doesn't smudge too much. It's not long-lasting though and after 6-8 hours, due to my oily skin, it does start to irritate my eyes, but I suspect not everyone has that problem. For an organic eyeliner you can buy at the drugstore, it's pretty great.

One problem however is it is increasingly hard to find this eyeliner. I tried K-Mart, Duane Read, CVS and no avail. I do notice that you can buy it online so I hope it's not being discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by foamytea123

I really liked this eyeliner at first because (1) it's organic! (2) cruelty-free, and (3) it was free from my sister. Initially I had no problems using this eyeliner. It goes on richly and smoothly (no need to press very hard) and stays on as well as any non-waterproof liner does (which means it depends on the temperature of the environment, activity, etc).

I used up about half of it when for some reason beyond me, my eyes decided to become irritated by it. They began to get watery the moment the pencil was within a couple millimeters in proximity.

I've tried using this pencil again and again from time to time in the last few months but to no avail. I'm afraid I'm going to have to toss it or shave the top and give it to somebody.

For obvious reasons, I'm not going to get this again although this does not mean that I won't recommend it--which I would to anyone who doesn't have sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Beatles4ever

Great for pencil eyeliner! You don't have to tug or press hard to get it on at all! And it doesn't look raccoon-ish at all, like its not fake looking and over the top! I was very pleased when it looked so natural but much better and makes you're eyes pop! I have Black Night and Black Olive, but I'm not sure if the brown will be to light for my lashes, which are very dark and I'm not sure about how the blue will look, but I'll try it anyways.
I'd TOTALLY get it again, is organic and cruelty-free which is a big plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by shesays514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Black Woods and really like it - a very deep brown. It goes on smoothly and has good staying power. I would say it's pretty average as far as eyeliners go, but I love the line and will definitely support it!