Lancome Color Design - Designer Metallic

4.8

on 2/4/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is one of my go to eye shadows. It's a highly pigmented metallic green that goes on beautifully. Great for creating a smokey eye or you could go more subtle for daytime wear. As long as Lancome keeps making this shade, I'll keep buying it.

on 3/6/2011 6:31:00 PM

This is by far my most favorite green shadow. It's looks great with my brown hair and medium complexion. I've hit pan on this shade more than any other in my collection. The formula also wears well and doesn't crease. I highly recommend it.

on 2/12/2011 12:28:00 AM

This is a gorgeous shade of green. I love it as a lid color with a highlight on the browbone.

on 1/20/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this product! The color really brings out the green in my hazel eyes.

I apply it close to my lashes with a pointed foam eyeshadow applicator and it stays in place until I remove it. It goes on like silk.

I'm not an eyeliner fan because it looks too harsh on me, but I can soften the intensity of this product to suit my mood.

on 7/27/2010 11:00:00 AM

Just rediscovered this after looking through my e/s stash. So I tried it on and it's just lovely. For a dark smoky eye I can pair this with the darker shade in the NARS Cordura duo and for a daytime look I can pair this with MAC Woodwinked. I just wish this had a mirror and I don't really like the crappy clear plastic cover.

on 7/11/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Good for fair skin. Green with grey/silver undertone. Love the shimmer! Great for the outer V of your eye when blended well with an all-over-lid color! I received this color in a quad of Designer, Suntouched (shimmer), Latte (matte), and Lezard (matte). I've gotten a lot of compliments when I use Suntouched (shimmer) on my lid and Designer on the outer corner/crease.

on 7/6/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have hazel eyes and love (and buy) far too many shades of green shadow--many of which I hardly ever wear. I acquire and gloat over my green shadows, but for every day wear, I tend to grab the beiges and brown neutral shades.

Lancome's Designer is the exception. It's a gorgeous, dark, shimmery, charcoaled shade of green. It reminds me of Jane's Twilight Zone, except that TZ is far too pigmented to wear over the lid--I can only wear it as a liner. But Designer is so soft and blendable, I apply it at the lashline and blend it up past the crease. The way the light hits the shimmer, I get the benefit of both a dark and light shade. This is a great, insta-smoky-eye shadow, amazing at night, but subtle and neutral enough to wear during the day.

I took a lippie or two off for the price, which is high, and the packaging, which is meh. Shadows that come in individual compacts--and cost this much--really should have a mirror. But the shadow itself? Is genius. If you have hazel or brown eyes, you should definitely give it a try.

on 4/17/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This dark olive metallic color looks much better on than it does in the pan. It has a high metallic sheen to it when the light hits it. The pigmentation is awesome and it blends and wears well. It's not something I use everyday or during the day so no repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeshadow. It makes a GREAT, everyday 'smokey eye' when you don't want to go too dark/dramatic. Highly pigmented, stays on forever, excellent quality.

The green is subtle when on, making this really special. It looks much different on than in the pan/container.

Try it on, you will love it!!!

The only negative thing I have to say is that I don't like the packaging. The slide-top is kind of flimsy and awkward. But doesn't matter at all to me because I am obsessed with this eyeshadow.
ps see Michelle Phan's youtube "basic smokey eye tutorial"

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click "continued" for photos.

I'm a taupe fan and Designer is pretty much the most unique version of taupe I've ever seen. It's a mossy metallic green with a strong taupe undertone. It looks like a blend of MAC Satin Taupe and Urban Decay Mildew. It offers a little ray of color into my monotone shadow stash. So if you're also a neutral lover but do want some variation to the traditional brown&grey blend of taupe, check this out.

The powder's smooth as silk, highly pigmented (in fact I think it's a little TOO pigmented, I must use a large sparse fluffy brush like MAC217 to not overdo it), doesn't crease and doesn't fade, high quality for sure.

And bonus points for the interesting packaging, the lid doesn't flip up or come off, but instead slides to the side parallel to the pan. I like to open and close it repeatedly (it also makes a clicky sound), gives me a bubblewrap-popping kind of high.

continued >>