April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Powder - Elizabeth Arden - Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by bibikonn

Not only the best mineral powder, but nearly the best powder I've used over last 20 years of testing different make-up products.

I ordered it on the huge sale blindly, it only cost 12, and I went for tone no 1, pure finish, and its perfect for my light golden caucasian skin. I usually have also a light tan in summer, so its great tone NB! If you have very pale skin, you probably won't find a match :(

Anyway, it has decent spf, 20 that is more than most of the powders, and is very very fine so leaves a beautiful semi-matte finish without looking unnatural, doesn't contain any mineral oil (i.e. doesn't clog pores, no allergies, break-outs on my very sensitive skin), and is quite hygenic, tone is not too pink, and the way you can grind just the right amount, is simply amazing.

I used to have YSL powder with the similar grinding mechanism long time ago, and I absolutely loved it, but sadly they stopped producing it. what a luck to find a similar one - grinding is just genius way to achieve very fine dust that matifies gently and naturally without leaving yr make-up mask-like. however, i'd recommend to get a good powder brush (i prefer natural fibres) to go with it as the included puff is not really usable.

I'm a little surprised by some negative reviews - people seem to not be very experienced with make-up, don't know how to apply it, and blame the product when in fact they have wrong expectations.

This perfect powder for NORMAL and COMBINATION skin, and even DRY skin with small pores and good general appearance. Its NOT a heavy duty medical product for acne skin that needs a good coverage, or NOT a super-matte and super-durable waterproof powder for very oily skin with very large pores. Its a light dusting mineral powder, semi transparent to top up your tinted moisturizer, BB cream or foundation to achieve VERY NATURAL look, it lets your skin breath and only suits you if you're looking for LIGHT coverage, and want to look like not wearing any make-up.

For these of you, its a a fantastic buy, much recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I have this in Pure Finish 03. I had to use a lot of powder to cover with. Powder only lasted 2.5 months before I ran out. All of the sudden with no warning No more powder. Due to the mirror jar the product comes in it is very difficult to see if you ran out or if push mechanism is broken. I had to use a lot of product to get good coverage. I think there are better options out there for the $45 it cost

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by roziebabe

If I could only use one make up for the rest of my life it would be this one! I have been using this powder for nearly 2 years now and I am onto my fourth container. One container lasts me about 5 months with once daily use. This product really adapts to your skin colour and it doesn't over power your natural tones. If you are looking for a product that gives a very natural finish, this is the product for you. I use this product on top of my Elizabeth Arden primer and Shiseido foundation and it really works well as a finishing powder. If I am having a lazy day and just popping to the shops, I put a thin coat of this on before I leave the house and it really gives my skins a natural glow/radiance with out it looking like I am wearing make up. This product will not feel heavy and will not clog pores. I use this product with Elizabeth Arden's official powder application brush which helps apply the powder in a even way. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

Absolutely loving this mineral foundation. Have been using it for 2 weeks and falling in love with this with every use. It has decent (full) coverage, it evens out my skin tone and looks as if my skin is glowing. It lasts the whole day too! I love the swifter so waste is minimal. Application is a breeze..powder is so finely milled it goes on so smoothly. I would recommend this foundation to everyone out there and will def repurchase once I've run out of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by VanDerStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

looooooooove it, it stays in place almost all day, i only has to fresh up my t-zone 1or 2 times, and it makes my skin look glowing and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not someone that uses a lot of foundation or powder all the time, but oh my goodness. This has to be the most natural looking powder I have ever used. It's perfect. The finish literally just looks like my skin and the coverage is amazing. I can wear this alone without any problems. With that being said, I don't have many blemishes or discoloration besides one or two acne scars, so take that into consideration. The forty dollars for this powder hasn't guided my opinion about this because it was given to me. The packaging is a little odd because you turn a dial to make more loose powder, but I don't mind :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by itsmetee

I have this in shade 09 (in the old black packaging) and I am a bit darker than shade NW47, but lighter than NW50 if that helps - in RCS I mix Caramel (45%) and Cappuccino (55%).

This is a great foundation for oily skin and I don't need to re-apply during the day. It has a nice matte finish, without being too cakey. No breakouts after 6 weeks of useage and I find that in the UK it is available for around 5 (I guess I am not the only one sleeping on this product).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by fillifelle

This is my HG. I have been using this for 3 years and it never occurred to me to write a raving review about it (slaps forehead). What was I thinking??

This is absolutely the BEST mineral powder I have ever used and I have tried a hell lot. Good coverage, zero allergic reaction even with my ultra-sensitive-prone-to-eczema-and-breakout skin. It sits comfortably on my skin throughout the day, in my tropical climate, weathering sebum and perspiration. Very impressive. I apply this on top of my DHC (japanese brand) primer foundation to achieve full work/party/hot-date coverage.

And one tub of this lasts very long too. Usually 3-4 months on a daily-use basis. The applicator that comes with it is rubbish of course, as shared by other users. I use Bodyshop's Kabuki brush (which is meant for its own brand of mineral powder, and yes I have tried it) and it works PERFECTLY. Reasonable price too. Other kabuki brushes cost an arm and a leg.

I have to say I seldom use one particular product so CONSISTENTLY for such a long time. Once I started using this my search for mineral powder effectively ended.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by milagroski

I really like this foundation! Having dry yet combo skin, I am always fearful of mineral powders. I normally use a prof esthetics foundation. But I was looking for powder with a high spf.

I picked this up at a Winners at a discount, I was lucky enough to stumble onto it after I had read good reviews. I paid about 1 third or 1= quarter r department store price

Color 02 is PERFECT for my slightly olive fair skin. Like exact. I don`t like the puff its pretty useless you need a brush, I love the dispenser and I am scared to use too much:)) It covers very nicely in a soft finish, you can dab extra bits onto minor blemishes without needing concealer as you would for larger ones.

Can`d do much for my large pores on my cheeks but that`s life, it is a beautiful mineral foundation. I`ll def buy again even at full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Superangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation. Excellent light coverage you can build up, and does not look heavy or sit in the creases! Stays the same colour all day and does not change. By the end of the day, just need to touch up the oily area. The twist up dispenser is fantastic - none wasted, unlike other powders where I tend to waste about half of it and get too much on the brush. So WHY have EA discontinued shade 01, the lightest one? Back to the drawing board :-(