August 21, 2014 | 1034 users online

Powder - Elizabeth Arden - Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes it is an HG product. I tried a sample, then bought one in#02, which is a perfect match for my NC15to20 ish skin tone. I have a lot of redness, some wrinkles, fairly dry sensitive skin, with a tendency to form pimples (rosacea) along with some sebhorrhea and keratosis.

This doesn't set off any of my skin problems. Nor does it oxidize after a few hours. Its the same lovely look all day long. Light to medium coverage. Sort of blurs out freckles, redness and other imperfections.

My skin but almost perfect is how it comes out. I do use a bit of Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish cream foundation as a concealer when it has to be perfect but by itself this is my everyday choice.

Mine says spf 20, which is great since I can't seem to find a sunscreen that wont irritate my skin. I find it goes on top of anything I've tried without changing colour or oxidizing.

It is a little drying, which I expect in a powder so I apply on top of my faithful cerave cream.

No caking or visible powderiness.

I use a tip my sister told me. I give it a miniscule turn, then swirl the kabuki brush (I got the one designed for this powder), then tap it into an old mug. Apply then reload from the mug, and apply till done. Turn brush handle down into mug for later.

This ensures the least waste of the product. I find it stays in bigger "crumbles" till tapping into the mug & swirling the brush. Some crumbles landed on my makeup table till I learnt this tip.

Since this is a 50$ Canadian price it isn't to be wasted. Yet it is worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by thomasania

This foundation has become my Holy Grail of foundations. I have tried ever foundation from MAC to Clinique and I was never pleased with the finish. I have acne prone skin and liquid foundations seem to aggravate my skin and bring about break outs. The Pure Finish Mineral Makeup does not seem to have that effect, and I have been using it daily for the past two years. This is actually my second time purchasing a full size container.
I also enjoy the fact that I can continue to use it in the summer even when my skin is slighter tanner than normally. It seems to blend well with my medium complexion and I have no foundation lines. I have actually worn it by itself, because it gives me a natural looking finish.
I think it is quite affordable, I paid $18 for mine but I am willing to pay more. Each container last me at least six to eight months with daily use. The overall packaging is simple but the grinder also prevents it from being messy. I normally wear a silicone base primer but I am not sure how necessary that is, I think it would wear just as well without one.
If you like mineral makeup and you are looking for a great foundation I would definitely recommend that you check this one out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Anicca83

HG Alert!!!

I LOVE this powder!!! It has a light-medium coverage depending on how it is applied and it is not shimmery or sparkly like many mineral powders are. The texture is smooth and is easily distributed and blended. I bought shade 2 for my light neutral skin tone and use a large kabuki to apply a light coverage or a buffing brush for more coverage. I use this on its own over moisturiser for a light fresh look or over a tinted moisturiser for fuller coverage. I also apply a light dusting of this on my T-zone over other liquid foundations to set it and control shine. This does not break me out and blurs my imperfections. I still use a concealer for particularly bad blemishes or redness though.

I have nothing bad to say about this product. The grinding pot is fabulous, I don't need to use much per use and one pot lasts me 3+ months wear with daily use and up to 6 months with regular but not daily use. I will never be without a pot of this in my makeup drawer. This is the BEST foundation powder I have tried to date. If this comes in a shade that works for you then I totally recommend this product for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by bibikonn

Not only the best mineral powder, but nearly the best powder I've used over last 20 years of testing different make-up products.

I ordered it on the huge sale blindly, it only cost £12, and I went for tone no 1, pure finish, and its perfect for my light golden caucasian skin. I usually have also a light tan in summer, so its great tone NB! If you have very pale skin, you probably won't find a match :(

Anyway, it has decent spf, 20 that is more than most of the powders, and is very very fine so leaves a beautiful semi-matte finish without looking unnatural, doesn't contain any mineral oil (i.e. doesn't clog pores, no allergies, break-outs on my very sensitive skin), and is quite hygenic, tone is not too pink, and the way you can grind just the right amount, is simply amazing.

I used to have YSL powder with the similar grinding mechanism long time ago, and I absolutely loved it, but sadly they stopped producing it. what a luck to find a similar one - grinding is just genius way to achieve very fine dust that matifies gently and naturally without leaving yr make-up mask-like. however, i'd recommend to get a good powder brush (i prefer natural fibres) to go with it as the included puff is not really usable.

I'm a little surprised by some negative reviews - people seem to not be very experienced with make-up, don't know how to apply it, and blame the product when in fact they have wrong expectations.

This perfect powder for NORMAL and COMBINATION skin, and even DRY skin with small pores and good general appearance. Its NOT a heavy duty medical product for acne skin that needs a good coverage, or NOT a super-matte and super-durable waterproof powder for very oily skin with very large pores. Its a light dusting mineral powder, semi transparent to top up your tinted moisturizer, BB cream or foundation to achieve VERY NATURAL look, it lets your skin breath and only suits you if you're looking for LIGHT coverage, and want to look like not wearing any make-up.

For these of you, its a a fantastic buy, much recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I have this in Pure Finish 03. I had to use a lot of powder to cover with. Powder only lasted 2.5 months before I ran out. All of the sudden with no warning No more powder. Due to the mirror jar the product comes in it is very difficult to see if you ran out or if push mechanism is broken. I had to use a lot of product to get good coverage. I think there are better options out there for the $45 it cost

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by roziebabe

If I could only use one make up for the rest of my life it would be this one! I have been using this powder for nearly 2 years now and I am onto my fourth container. One container lasts me about 5 months with once daily use. This product really adapts to your skin colour and it doesn't over power your natural tones. If you are looking for a product that gives a very natural finish, this is the product for you. I use this product on top of my Elizabeth Arden primer and Shiseido foundation and it really works well as a finishing powder. If I am having a lazy day and just popping to the shops, I put a thin coat of this on before I leave the house and it really gives my skins a natural glow/radiance with out it looking like I am wearing make up. This product will not feel heavy and will not clog pores. I use this product with Elizabeth Arden's official powder application brush which helps apply the powder in a even way. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

Absolutely loving this mineral foundation. Have been using it for 2 weeks and falling in love with this with every use. It has decent (full) coverage, it evens out my skin tone and looks as if my skin is glowing. It lasts the whole day too! I love the swifter so waste is minimal. Application is a breeze..powder is so finely milled it goes on so smoothly. I would recommend this foundation to everyone out there and will def repurchase once I've run out of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by VanDerStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

looooooooove it, it stays in place almost all day, i only has to fresh up my t-zone 1or 2 times, and it makes my skin look glowing and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not someone that uses a lot of foundation or powder all the time, but oh my goodness. This has to be the most natural looking powder I have ever used. It's perfect. The finish literally just looks like my skin and the coverage is amazing. I can wear this alone without any problems. With that being said, I don't have many blemishes or discoloration besides one or two acne scars, so take that into consideration. The forty dollars for this powder hasn't guided my opinion about this because it was given to me. The packaging is a little odd because you turn a dial to make more loose powder, but I don't mind :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by itsmetee

I have this in shade 09 (in the old black packaging) and I am a bit darker than shade NW47, but lighter than NW50 if that helps - in RCS I mix Caramel (45%) and Cappuccino (55%).

This is a great foundation for oily skin and I don't need to re-apply during the day. It has a nice matte finish, without being too cakey. No breakouts after 6 weeks of useage and I find that in the UK it is available for around £5 (I guess I am not the only one sleeping on this product).