October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by HelenaReviews

Great as a clarifying shampoo, and really gets ANYTHING out of your hair. However the cost of this is that it can be quite drying. Personally because of this I only use this shampoo every 4th to 5th wash otherwise my hair would probably end up straw like as it seems other people have experienced.. It does smell wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Just one word sums up this shampoo on my fine, oily hair: straw.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Fancychic55055

I love this product. I came from using Pureology & just wasn't happy with it since the company was bought out. Which is what makes me so thankful to have found this. The smell is really refreshing & my scalp is squeaky clean! I've noticed an improvement to my hair condition & will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many shampoos and conditioners to try and help my dry hair and my super oily scalp. This stuff does the trick. It makes my hair silky soft and really shiny. My oily scalp is tamed and my ends are moisturized. I have cheated on the product so many times, but I always come back to it. It is safe on my colored hair, but it doesn't particular help my color stay. I use a color glaze once a week to restore my color, but other than that I love this stuff. It's so much cheaper than similar products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

I used to use Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize and then I decided to try this because of the smell. I think it might be a tie between these two, but this one definitely wakes me up in the morning with the minty/eucalyptus scent. I love it because it cleans well and moisturizes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I love this shampoo! It makes my oily roots and dry ends feel so full of body and smooths down my frizz.
It smells amazing and lathers up nicely without having too much foam.
It cleanses my hair but my scalp does not feel dry or irritated. I wash my hair everyday and my hair doesn't feel as dry or frizzy, it has volume and my bangs stay in place. Will repurchase!
I only use a small amount and it is enough to lather around my head. It has a good texture, not too runny or too thick. It is semi-opaque in colour and it is nearly perfect for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by sparkle24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo left my hair (normally oily) hair too dry, even after using the matching conditioner, so much so that sometimes my hair would go crazy when using a hair dryer!

But it lathers well and gives a nice cool tingle which is really refreshing but that's not enough to convince me to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by tt927

This is a great shampoo.

I have long, thick, asian hair that is straight. I first discovered this from a sample packet i received in the mail. I took it with me to Italy one summer. It was great! Smells gentle with a light lingering scent, definitely not overpowering. But of course, it still leaves my hair frizzy.

love using it. Can barely feel the eucalyptus in it but can kind of smell it. I do like how it feels easy on the scalp when I use it.
It lathers up easily and rinses without a greasy finish. FYI, my hair is dry but the roots can become more on the oily side - best to shampoo daily or every other day at most.

Have you tried Head and shoulders REFRESH? That shampoo is pretty good. If you are looking for a daily shampoo that is not too drying but with more menthol in it, give this one a try too. Compare the 2.

I think I will alternate between the two because of the price of this John Frieda shampoo, $9.99 for 250ml is pretty pricey compared to other ones on the shelf.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by annaw12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

best part, the smell! other than that, it isn't very good, for me. It cleans well, but i don't see it moisturizing THAT much, and i noticed that it made my curly hair go limp and almost straight but in a really weird, unflattering way! I tried to scrunch my hair but nothing worked, im sure for straight haired girls this is a great product but not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by linabanks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shampoo. After searching for YEARS for a shampoo that moisturized my hair without leaving it greasy/oily, I've finally settled on Root Awakening. The fragrance (Eucalyptus and mint, I believe) is light and fresh without being overwhelming, fruity, or too chemical-ish. The only con is that you don't get a ton of product for your dollar (compared to Pantene Pro-V, for example). Nevertheless, it's worth the price. My hair looks beautiful after every use & style.