July 31, 2014 | 2161 users online

Hair Treatments - Liquid Keratin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by daemonicblackcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product because it does exactly what it claims. It slowly loosens your curls and eliminates frizz over time. I guess that most of these other reviewers were expecting instant results. I admit that I did deviate from the instructions a lot. I have african american and asian hair type, so in my case my hair is really curly and tangles easily and was originally hard to chemically treat (meaning hard to dye and relax). I cannot relax my hair at all. Even after dying my hair four or five times relaxers did not work. Currently my hair is dyed with henna. I researched keratin treatments and decided to try this one. I do use a different regimen than the one suggested on the bottle. First I wash and condition my hair with the shampoo and conditioner of my choice (I do not use the Liquid Keratin brand products save for the liquid keratin itself). Then I apply the liquid keratin my sectioning my towel dried hair and saturating each individual section. I let the liquid keratin sit for 30min and then I blow dry my hair on medium heat and low speed using a round brush. I apply an olive oil based heat serum and flat iron my hair at 410 degrees (my currant flat iron does not go any higher, although I will be getting a new one that goes up to 450 soon). I leave the liquid keratin in for as long as I want. At least 2 days, but usually a whole week in the summer and two weeks in the winter. Every time I wash my hair it get easier and easier to manage. I went from needing 2-3 hours to blow dry and flat iron my hair to 1-1 1/2 hours. I think the problem everyone else has been having is that they don't play around with techniques to find what works best for them. My only problem with this product is that it can stain your hands if you don't wash them right after applying and blow drying, but I usually just exfoliate later and all is well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by makrn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 2 years and so has my daughter. We both love the product but my daughter is taking a break to try other things. I predict that she will return to liquid keratin. This product seems to have a residual effect. The more you use it, the better it works. My first 1 or 2 treatments didn't seem to change my hair much but i stuck with it and am now happy with the results. Pros.... soft, shiny, frizz free hair. Much less breakage. My hair is movable and pretty. i dont get frizzy when caught in the rain and when i wear it curly, the curls are looser. Cons.... kind of pricey, you must use the same conditioner and shampoo all of the time, it doesn't smell all that great. I don't love having to leave the treatment in so long before washing and the high heat damages my ends. Once i trim them however, my hair is good to go for over a month. I don't know if i ever want to stop using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by keethukee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First,this is by no means a professional keratin treatment that will have long lasting results. This will probably not give you a month of straight hair either. I did not wait the 48 hours and washed my hair well pbefore then. I use this product when i flat iron my hair and it makes it shiny and more manageable. I find that for a day, it's perfect. There is some change in terms of softness and less frizz a few days after using this but nothing amazing. Overall, I would buy this again just as a supplement for when I flat iron but not for any other reason,

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by RosieDee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a life saver for me when my hair is at its worst. I'm dominican, so I have thick semi-coarse hair that needs to be relaxed. Lately my hair has been fried and damaged because ive game myself highlights and dye jobs. Anyway, this stuff does work. It smells HORRIBLE, though. That's the biggest con. It does say right on the box to tread carefully if you have lightened hair (for brassiness).
For the people that are losing their hair, to me it sounds like your hair could not withstand the 450 degree heat of the flat iron. That is SERIOUS heat and thin thin hair probably cannot take that kind of heat. I would say this is more for thick hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by irinam

I straighten my hair every day so when I saw this product in the store I was really excited to try it out. I followed the instructions and finally, after two days of waiting, washed my hair. I blowdried my hair this morning and it looked exactly the same as before. NO change. It also took me the same amount of time to straighten my hair... Actually, depending on the products I use, it sometimes takes me even less than it did this morning. Seriously, don't waste your time and money!!! If you want to buy something for your hair that will make it healthier and easier to straighten, get some moroccan oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

I purchased the Liquid Keratin treatment kit at Ulta for $69. My hair picked up the Native American gene from my grandmother so it is extremely thick, coarse, stiff, dry. My main problem is frizz plus lack of movement.

I shampooed with the shampoo, applied the treatment and let it sit for 30 minutes, blow dried 100% dry and flat ironed at 425. My hair was straighter than ever and the flat iron glided right through. Later that night, I flat ironed again and it made it perfect; it had movement, shine and no frizz in sight. I have brown hair that is dyed which is over highlights and I experienced no color change.

Tomorrow after work is my 48 hour window for neutralizing the treatment so I will update my review accordingly......

**Update: After 48 hours (per the directions) I washed my hair with the shampoo, conditioned and used the leave in conditioner along with some of the keratin treatment itself for heat protection. To my surprise, my hair took forever to dry (quite the opposite of the claim) and after flat ironing it is still frizzy (another total opposite). These products also have a terrible smell (especially the shampoo and leave-in conditioner). Won't purchase again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by bvdm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just love this product. I can't believe how good it is. It works miracles for my hair. I used to have a straightening treatment at the salon every year or twice a year. Treatments are very expensive and the results were often not as good: my hair got very thin and tangled and I often lost a lot of hair in the weeks after treatment. My hair is so sleek and soft after treating it with Liquid Keratin. I can't believe how easy and simple it is after all these tedious long sessions at the salon. It doesn't last very long, after 4 to 6 weeks you have to repeat it. And you better use your hair blower. The disadvantage is that my hair got a little bit brassy afterwards but I just color it after a week or so. I just use my own shampoo and conditioner and styling products, not the ones from Liquid Keratin. I still take a Brazilian relaxing treatment once in a while but the chemical harsh straightening of my hair is history!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by FarTooJones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how bad this product is. While it seemed easy enough to use, and seemed to work at first, the results were very short lived. Within two weeks my hair, which is color treated, was so completely dried out and frizzy I couldn't believe it. But even worse, it started breaking off at the point of application.

I now have spikey hair all over my head and it is HUGELY noticeable on my mid-back length hair. I would say I have lost 15-20% of my hair. It looks absolutely horrible.

Run far, far away from this horrible product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Critterkeeper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think you need to put more then a sticker on the back of the box!!!! Turned my highlights RED GOLD!!!! Nothing about this in the directions. After reading more on the net apparently this is a problem with this product - as far as I am concerned you owe me for new highlights obviously you are aware of the problem - put the sticker on the front of the box where unsuspecting consumers can see it!!!!!!

This is what i wrote to the company. Sorry I did not just spend the money for the pro traetmant.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by kanga99

soooo disappointing! yes i have read a lot of negative reviews on this product, mixed with some positive reviews. since i have asian hair, with a frizzy halo, i was hoping this would help calm the outer layer. i have previous japanese straightening at ear length and below, so i needed to even out the look. i sprayed on the treatment, used about 1/2 bottle, then flat ironed at 370 (i did not go any higher b/c of the previously straightened hair. after ironing hair looked good, but no better than if i had just took the time to iron well.
after the 1st wash, i let airdry so i could see the results, well there basically was almost none. still frizzy, maybe just a touch less. after the 2nd wash, hair was back to its original state...so did not work for me. will go back to using no frizz by living proof.