Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

So this works REALLY great on my hair. I use it with the kinky curly curling custard. My curls have never felt so moisturized. It's a really good product, I recommend it. I'll keep restocking on it. But I'm looking for another one, because at 20$ a bottle that lasted me less than a week, I just need a backup and I'll try alternating. I used to have these huge bottle of conditioners that I would squeeze in my hand until it filled it completely. I have CURLY and LONG hair so that's so out of luck for saving on conditioners. I feel like I need to use quite a lot to get the slippery feel. I'm talking like 1/4 of the bottle everytime I use it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used a generous amount of product (as the bottle suggested for my texture) on clean damp hair. For me, KCKT wasn’t very moisturising for my hair. It didn’t even feel like it had a lot of slip. Yet, I was able to finger detangle my hair quite fine after washing with either shampoo or conditioner. Basically, with the KCKT, my hair looked better than it felt.

Expect a creamy-looking leave-in conditioner that has some slip. Make sure your hair is well moisturised before adding this product, because it doesn’t provide a lot of moisture on its own. This also means that it’s not the best product to use to detangle hair between washes (it works better on clean hair).The leave-in/detangler is about as thick as syrup but not sticky at all. And the smell reminds me of hotel lotion, meaning that it leaves a “clean” scent on the hair. Also, let me just say that I don’t understand how some people get this product to last them for a year or more. It’s been 2 months and I’m already done with the bottle. All in all, I would buy it again, but mainly because I don’t have a staple leave-in yet. KCKT does a good job, I just wish it provided more moisture!

For a more in depth review, you can check out my blog post:

I really want to love this product, but my hair disagree with my feelings.
Bough it in hope to use as a detangler. Reviews were great, and I was in need for a new detangler. I have waist long wavy and dry hair. I pretty much figured out my routine with is It's a 10 leave in products+ coconut oil and occasional detangling stuff.
I've used this product a few times and couldn't help, but notice, that even a dollop sized amount weighs my hair down. I don't need to wash my hair every day, when I used this product, I felt like my hair needed wash right away. The product is sticky, cannot be used as leave in since it doesn't moisturises my hair at all. Can't tell weather it's my hair, or I haven't figured it out yet.
The smell is nice, but gets annoying.

Overall, not happy with it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I decided to buy and use this product to figure out if it is a match for my hair type. I'm sure the product works for others and is amazing. I did not experience that with my hair. The reasons could be: my hair is color treated, dry, wavy, course, etc. Maybe I need a stronger detangler and leave-in-conditioner. The actual product felt sticky and watery to me. It smelled good. It was a good detangler but mediocre leave-in-conditioner. I will not be repurchasing. I used the whole bottle and will pass.

I really love this as a detangler. On days where my hair is really stubborn, this really works wonders on helping me comb out my hair really easily. A little bit goes a long way, which I really appreciate since this stuff is not cheap. It also has a very pleasant smell and the texture as well. it doesn't leave any residue in my hair, so it never feels waxy or funky after drying. The only thing that gets me down about this product is that my curls aren't as bouncy when I use this as I feel like it weighs them down just a bit. I still love it as it has saved me so much time and frustration in detangling my hair!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This just doesn't have nearly enough moisture for my dry, porous, 2b-2c hair when used as a leave-in. The ingredients are CG but very minimal - just one or two very light moisturizers and a handful of fruit extracts that I suspect are there solely to impart fragrance and give it a "natural" aura. I've repurposed it as a second-day refresher, used in tiny dabs in places where my hair seems to need a little moisture boost, and it works OK for that purpose. But any thin conditioner would do so, so it doesn't make sense to pay 12 bucks for this when Suave Naturals and V05 conditioners are so much less expensive and more readily available at drugstores.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not sure why sooo many people rave about this product. I have 3b hair. I've tried it so many ways - as a leave in, as a styler, as a detangler, and it just doesn't work. It leaves the grossest filmy residue on my hair, and it does nothing for frizz. The only way I've found this product to work for me is as an edge control. I will use it to slick down my hair for buns and other updos, and it works great for that. I definitely would not purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm giving this review pretty early, but I've had this leave-in for about a week. I've used it 3 times, twice after washing and once on my dry ends.

My hair is fine, porous, 2b/2c waves/ringlets. The instructions say to rinse out this conditioner as a wavy, but this is an amazing leave-in, if it's used under styling products. I use maybe a nickel amount in my thin brastrap length hair after I use the Cantu For Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream. I rake this product through my hair and somehow my waves still clump. This has never happened with another conditioner, I usually have to squish in water to get clumps. I'm able to choose a part and then apply other products. My waves start higher when I use this as my leave-in (above my ears, close to the root instead of below my ears) even if I don't diffuse.

The con to this leave-in is that it has to be applied under styling cremes or gels, or the definition disappears after my hair dries. It doesn't work for wash and go for my hair type.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this conditioner so far and will update my review if I change my mind.

I have confused hair, from baby fine waves to coarse spirals, all of it thick and prone to dryness. This leave in is one of the few products I've found that simply moisturizes my hair without leaving greasy spots (in the fine areas) or dry frizzy sections (in the coarse areas). A generous quarter size amount worked into everything below the shoulders makes my hair soft and workable.

Also used this as a deep conditioning treatment after another product left my hair looking like an unruly bale of hay. It turned prickly hay back into hair :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this product!
I have hair that is wavy/curly (but mainly wavy) and I spent years of my life frying it with the GHDs. My hair hasn't been growing properly and I'm trying to embrace my natural waves and stop frying my hair in an attempt to make it healthy.
My hair is DRY. And i have tried every product out there to make it soft and moisturised again. You name it I've tried it. From high end products to high street.

I am trying to limit the silicones I use on my hair, and so came across this on a curly hair forum.

Its amazing. it detangles my hair like a dream- which is its main purpose, and leaves it with just enough moisture so as not to weigh down my hair! It also smells DIVINE.

I follow up with some curl cream and if I feel like i need it the Perfectly polished from the Kinky Curly range- which oh my god smells amazing too! The whole line is great!

My only complaint is that I wish it was easier to come by in the UK! Thank god for Curly Emporium!

Popular Hair Products