April 17, 2014 | 1030 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My hair is actually not curly at all...I bought this because I was looking for a more natural leave-in that didn't use humectants or proteins, which I think have been damaging my hair. This leave-in has a great smell. It doesn't seem to make my hair as smooth or silky as the Aussie Hair Insurance leave-in, but it does a fairly good job, and I'm willing to give that up for the natural ingredients. My one wish is that there was a tidier way to apply it; I prefer spray leave-ins, and this one makes your hands all gooey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by irawesome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 3b/c, coarse, mixed hair.

This product is labeled as a leave-in conditioner/detangler. It is not moisturizing at all and does not work well as a conditioner. However, it is an awesome detangler. I wet my hair a bit, put some of this on and my comb glides through and all my tangles are gone.

It has a slightly fruity smell to it which is pleasant. I like to use this with a leave in conditioner after I wash my hair to keep t detangled.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have my cons and pros to this. Overall though it's worth it. I use this everyday with a co-wash or just spraying my hair with water. Just so you all have an idea of my hair type I guess you can say I have 3b curls and my hair is pretty fine. Im natural with a faded semi-permanant color and never put heat in my hair but once a year.

My experience
This leave in definitly defines your curls and depending on how thick your hair is that should determine how much you need. I use too much my curls turn hard. If I dont use enough my hair will be frizzy. I like this on my hair more as a curl definer than an acutual moisterizer. I like my Giovanni for moisturizing and taking the crunch out of my curls after this kinky curly leave-in dries. As a matter of fact in my pictures I used the kinky curly leave in + kinky curly custard (tiny amount too much makes your hair horrible especially if its fine like mine) + giovanni direct leave in.

I've seen this at Target and Whole foods but whole foods like the food their is a little high so just go to target. Hope my review helped

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really puzzles me how this product is labeled as a leave in conditioner as it doesn't do much to soften/condition my 3b curls or detangle, I still have to use hair serum in conjunction with it for my 'do to look somewhat presentable! Oh well, it smells great like pineapple-coconut, doesn't build up, and defines curls pretty well. You can do better at the drugstore imo which is why I won't be repurchasing and idk if ill even finish the bottle as the product is just average for me. If you have fine, curly hair with mild frizz issues then this product will suffice, but coarse-textured curly gals like myself should look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by SweeetC

This product is a HG for me! I have big bsl 3a hair and knot today is the best leave in I've ever used. It melts the tangles out of my hair, smells amazing, and is light weight but very moisturizing. My only complaint prior to this review was the price for the amount, BUT I bought another bottle at the target near me today and it was 12oz. Not 8 and still the same price! It's officially perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kaa22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is greeeeeat! I have 3b/c curly hair. And this stuff helps glide and slide thru tangles,knots & a week's old ratsnest. The price is pretty okay for a mostly natural product, the pacaging is fine as well, I wouldn't mind a bigger size with a pump, actually i'd probably purchase it in a heartbeat. If you have wavy,curly, or coily hair, I HIGHLY recommened you try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Mal1910

HG HG HG!!

Let me start off by saying that I have fine, color-treated, 3A/3B hair. It can be curly when using the right product or wavy when using something that weighs it down a bit.

I have tried everything - Pantene, AG Cosmetics, Pureology, It's a 10, Wen, Josie Maran Argan Oil, Joico, Enjoy, etc.

This is the ONLY leave-in that instantly moisturizes and detangles my hair. I am hoping that it continues to work. I am thinking of trying other products by them because my hair has reacted so well to this. My hair was severely damaged by a color that was done by a new stylist, and ever since then I cannot run a brush through my hair (this has been almost a year ago). I was able to run a comb through my hair after putting this in with NO problems, plus my hair felt very moisturized after.

The only downside is the packaging. I wish it was a spray or had a pump on it, but I'm not going to let that deter me from purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Jojode

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good at detangling, moisturizing, comditioning hair. A must-have

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tottie06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A must have for my 2c/3a wavy curly hair (think Taylor Swift and Debra Messing). Sometimes I use it in the shower AFTER I shampoo and use my regular conditioner. Why use it after my reg conditioner? Cause I have the type of hair that instantly mattes and tangles when water hits it (like if I went swimming or got caught in a downpour). I don't have the type of hair that looks sexy when wet. Gah it gets hideous! Also, I shampoo every other day ... by the time I wash it, there are plenty of tangles. So after I condition, I then use Knot Today + a large tooth pick to de-tangle. Works great!

When using it after my shower, I use a nickel size amount on my waist length hair -scrunching it in on the lower half, to the ends. Then I manipulate with my fingers where I want my hair to go. Next, I use Redken Fresh Curls Spring Mousse and let air dry. On day two, I just use a little of Rusk Wired Flexible Styling Creme to refresh and add body (this gives sexy body used this way).

What else do I like to pair with Knot Today? Kinky Curly Curling Custard!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by f4frances

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry naturally kinky curly hair. I have no luck with leave or moisturising styling products of any brand....this one was no different. Then I decided to use Knot Today as a regular wash out conditioner....bingo...great moisturising, good volume and curl definition. Happily on to bottle number 2.