July 25, 2014 | 977 users online

Hair - Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Collage909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I found out that I didn't like it on freshly clean hair but when my already dry hair needs a new hairstyle, this is the stuff! It detangles well and adds shine and softness that lasts for days. I really like that it is light, but I wish it came in a pump bottle instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by NoyaG

I love this stuff! I even got my mom using it on my younger siblings hair!!! lol I pretty much use it sparingly for those days when my hair is days old and needs some serious detangling since my local target is out of the way from where I live. I've use a lot of leave in conditioners but this is definitely number two on my list (after Aussie moist) lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This leave-in is so versatile but my favorite thing to use it for is to smooth out my flyways when I put my hair up in a ponytail or bun. It makes everything look so much smoother and more polished- and it does it without making my hair feel dirty or product-laden. Seriously, the next day I can just comb my hair out and it's soft and manageable- it doesn't feel like there's a ton of product in there at all.
So it's great for use on dry hair because it smooths and moisturizes without being heavy. But it's also great for use on wet hair. This is one of those products that's perfect for "cocktailing". When you want to mix one of your other styling products with something else that's a little more moisturizing, here you go. Or if you need a little extra moisture on your ends but don't want your hair to get weighed down, this is the stuff.
Out of all the products in my hair care stash, this one is unique. I'm on my second bottle and I'll definitely buy it again in the future.
For reference, I have thick wavy-texture hair that I color and heat-style regularly. This product is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is actually not curly at all...I bought this because I was looking for a more natural leave-in that didn't use humectants or proteins, which I think have been damaging my hair. This leave-in has a great smell. It doesn't seem to make my hair as smooth or silky as the Aussie Hair Insurance leave-in, but it does a fairly good job, and I'm willing to give that up for the natural ingredients. My one wish is that there was a tidier way to apply it; I prefer spray leave-ins, and this one makes your hands all gooey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by irawesome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 3b/c, coarse, mixed hair.

This product is labeled as a leave-in conditioner/detangler. It is not moisturizing at all and does not work well as a conditioner. However, it is an awesome detangler. I wet my hair a bit, put some of this on and my comb glides through and all my tangles are gone.

It has a slightly fruity smell to it which is pleasant. I like to use this with a leave in conditioner after I wash my hair to keep t detangled.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have my cons and pros to this. Overall though it's worth it. I use this everyday with a co-wash or just spraying my hair with water. Just so you all have an idea of my hair type I guess you can say I have 3b curls and my hair is pretty fine. Im natural with a faded semi-permanant color and never put heat in my hair but once a year.

My experience
This leave in definitly defines your curls and depending on how thick your hair is that should determine how much you need. I use too much my curls turn hard. If I dont use enough my hair will be frizzy. I like this on my hair more as a curl definer than an acutual moisterizer. I like my Giovanni for moisturizing and taking the crunch out of my curls after this kinky curly leave-in dries. As a matter of fact in my pictures I used the kinky curly leave in + kinky curly custard (tiny amount too much makes your hair horrible especially if its fine like mine) + giovanni direct leave in.

I've seen this at Target and Whole foods but whole foods like the food their is a little high so just go to target. Hope my review helped

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Really puzzles me how this product is labeled as a leave in conditioner as it doesn't do much to soften/condition my 3b curls or detangle, I still have to use hair serum in conjunction with it for my 'do to look somewhat presentable! Oh well, it smells great like pineapple-coconut, doesn't build up, and defines curls pretty well. You can do better at the drugstore imo which is why I won't be repurchasing and idk if ill even finish the bottle as the product is just average for me. If you have fine, curly hair with mild frizz issues then this product will suffice, but coarse-textured curly gals like myself should look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by SweeetC

This product is a HG for me! I have big bsl 3a hair and knot today is the best leave in I've ever used. It melts the tangles out of my hair, smells amazing, and is light weight but very moisturizing. My only complaint prior to this review was the price for the amount, BUT I bought another bottle at the target near me today and it was 12oz. Not 8 and still the same price! It's officially perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kaa22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is greeeeeat! I have 3b/c curly hair. And this stuff helps glide and slide thru tangles,knots & a week's old ratsnest. The price is pretty okay for a mostly natural product, the pacaging is fine as well, I wouldn't mind a bigger size with a pump, actually i'd probably purchase it in a heartbeat. If you have wavy,curly, or coily hair, I HIGHLY recommened you try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Mal1910

HG HG HG!!

Let me start off by saying that I have fine, color-treated, 3A/3B hair. It can be curly when using the right product or wavy when using something that weighs it down a bit.

I have tried everything - Pantene, AG Cosmetics, Pureology, It's a 10, Wen, Josie Maran Argan Oil, Joico, Enjoy, etc.

This is the ONLY leave-in that instantly moisturizes and detangles my hair. I am hoping that it continues to work. I am thinking of trying other products by them because my hair has reacted so well to this. My hair was severely damaged by a color that was done by a new stylist, and ever since then I cannot run a brush through my hair (this has been almost a year ago). I was able to run a comb through my hair after putting this in with NO problems, plus my hair felt very moisturized after.

The only downside is the packaging. I wish it was a spray or had a pump on it, but I'm not going to let that deter me from purchasing again.