Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 4/18/2015 4:45:00 PM

I have confused hair, from baby fine waves to coarse spirals, all of it thick and prone to dryness. This leave in is one of the few products I've found that simply moisturizes my hair without leaving greasy spots (in the fine areas) or dry frizzy sections (in the coarse areas). A generous quarter size amount worked into everything below the shoulders makes my hair soft and workable.

Also used this as a deep conditioning treatment after another product left my hair looking like an unruly bale of hay. It turned prickly hay back into hair :)

on 2/20/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this product!
I have hair that is wavy/curly (but mainly wavy) and I spent years of my life frying it with the GHDs. My hair hasn't been growing properly and I'm trying to embrace my natural waves and stop frying my hair in an attempt to make it healthy.
My hair is DRY. And i have tried every product out there to make it soft and moisturised again. You name it I've tried it. From high end products to high street.

I am trying to limit the silicones I use on my hair, and so came across this on a curly hair forum.

Its amazing. it detangles my hair like a dream- which is its main purpose, and leaves it with just enough moisture so as not to weigh down my hair! It also smells DIVINE.

I follow up with some curl cream and if I feel like i need it the Perfectly polished from the Kinky Curly range- which oh my god smells amazing too! The whole line is great!

My only complaint is that I wish it was easier to come by in the UK! Thank god for Curly Emporium!

on 1/4/2015 11:52:00 PM

This product is beloved in the curly hair communities, but after using it on and off for a few years, I'm really not seeing the appeal. I'll describe my hair and routine, then share my thoughts on the product.

I have a ton of hair, and it's composed of curls that are somewhere around 2c or 3a. I'm prone to frizz and poor curl definition (despite minimal shampooing and copious moisturizing), especially on the canopy. My current post-shower routine is Haus of Gloi's hair oil applied copiously, Kinky Curly Knot Today (maybe a nickel- or quarter-sized squirt?), then I finish off with Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I dry my hair in braids to minimize frizz and keep it from going "poof."

Knot Today is off-putting to me straight out of the bottle because it is moderately scented like a bright, fruity tropical drink (minus the booze, of course). A lot of people seem to like scented hair products, but personally, anything sickly sweet like this interferes with my perfume. Strike one. But more importantly, this product doesn't really seem to do... anything. Certainly not enough to justify the price. When I introduced it to my routine, I noticed my hair started feeling a little smoother, but that's about it. I didn't notice any real performance changes, improvement in my curl definition, or anything else. I'm delighted it works for a lot of people, but I'm not one of them.

on 11/18/2014 9:13:00 PM

LOVE IT. Always in the rotation. Years in the rotation. One of the best leave in conditioners I've ever tried and I've tried a LOT. Quarter size dollop in my curly hair when wet then comb through with a detangler, add styling cream and/or gel. Perfect every time. No learning curve like kccc

on 9/24/2014 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I logged on to makeupalley last night to write a very negative review of this product but changed my mind between last night and this morning!
I bought it as a pre-poo during the summer because the coconut oil I usually use was getting a bit heavy for my hair and not absorbing as it did during the colder months. I didn't like it as a detangler/pre-poo. For my preferences, it does not have enough slip, I don't feel like it gives my hair any added moisture and doesn't condition it. I do like the smell though. I started to use it to detangle in a spray bottle with water, and that worked a little better, but still wasn't great.

Last night I decided to finish the bottle and went to detangle again; diluted in water. Unfortunately I ran out of time and wasn't able to wash it out the way I usually do so I just tied it up and went to sleep. This morning when I woke up BAM!! Gorgeous curls! Looks just like my hair on wash day (5 hour process). So I think I will use it as a midweek curl refresher until I finish the bottle.I really wanted to loveeeee this product based on the amazing reviews. I find it odd that my hair didn't respond to it because my curls really aren't that picky and take to new product pretty easily. But for the price and my results I don't think I will repurchase (I'll stick to my first love)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I didn't like or dislike this product. First off, its definitely not a leave in conditioner, it doesn't have enough hold. I use it as a detangler because that is something it does pretty good, you can see a difference between detangling with this and without it. I like the smell and the smooth slip it gives. To make it last longer and double as a 2nd/3rd day refresher, I add a little over a quarter size to a spray bottle(cheap 99 cent ones from Target or walmart) and its a nice moisturizing mist.

on 8/2/2014 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Last year, I started going to a salon called Curl Ambassadors, one of the places that used Lorraine Massey's Curly Girl method. I'd never been to a hairdresser or salon that specialized in curly hair.
The hairdresser used Kinky Curly products on me, and after my first visit, my curls looked fantastic! On the next visit, I decided to buy the Curling Custard, and it worked great! Not excellent, 5/5, but still better than just about anything I'd bought before! Reading through these reviews, I decided to buy Knot Today to improve those results. I bought this online from iHerb because it retails in Canada for over $20!
I didn't use this as a conditioner at all. I'd use a different conditioner, rinse that out after a few minutes, then apply this and use a wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute it, get out of the shower, and apply the Curling Custard. I still didn't get the 5 star results I was expecting. I felt there wasn't much difference between using the Custard alone vs Knot Today+ Custard. Whatever difference there was, wasn't really worth it.
However, I'm looking through more reviews and video reviews, and I might be willing to try it again, because maybe I just didn't do it right (the bottle seems too small to be using as a conditioner alone!). If I do, I'll edit my review if the results are different. Hopefully they will be.

on 7/28/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this product 100 times fold!!!!!! I reviewed this product in full details on my YouTube Channel. Check it out here:

on 6/25/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This stuff is great! I found out that I didn't like it on freshly clean hair but when my already dry hair needs a new hairstyle, this is the stuff! It detangles well and adds shine and softness that lasts for days. I really like that it is light, but I wish it came in a pump bottle instead.

on 6/18/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I even got my mom using it on my younger siblings hair!!! lol I pretty much use it sparingly for those days when my hair is days old and needs some serious detangling since my local target is out of the way from where I live. I've use a lot of leave in conditioners but this is definitely number two on my list (after Aussie moist) lol

Popular Hair Products