July 23, 2014 | 2258 users online

Cleansers - Goats Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Arhtexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

About my skin: I have combination skin that is prone to flesh toned bumps on my forehead, black heads on my nose and breakouts with "regular" pimples along my jawline and chin :)

When I decided to go chemical free and following ample research, I started washing my face with raw, organic, unfiltered honey. Although I liked some aspects of this, my skin was still dry around some parts and I was looking for something that I could add to the honey to take off my makeup as adding baking soda was too rough on my skin. So I picked up a can of powdered goats milk at my local health food store (downside: the can was $12 and last 10 weeks so thats expensive for beauty in my opinion so I am going to look online to find it cheaper). That night, I poured a little honey on my clarisonic and sprinkled a little of the goatsmilk powder ontop before taking it to my face. OMG, I LOVED IT! Although the smell is something I am trying to get used to and figure out how to handle, the mixing of honey and goatsmilk has lessened my breakouts, made my blackheads less prominent, made my skin incredibly smooth and i don’t even have to add moisturizer at night. It removes all my makeup and sunscreen which is a necessity at night. Love it! I have been doing it for 3 weeks now and am quite pleased :) now if I can just get over the smell (goats milk has an interesting scent! I smell it strongly when I wash under my nose but my husband says he can't smell anything when he kisses my face. However if I get it in my hair along my hairline, the smell lingers!) I would be good to go- totally green/chemical free with smooth, clear skin!

My regimen:
Once a week: I mix some powdered goats milk and water into a squeezy tube; shake
Morning: Pour a little honey onto my clarisonic brush head. Squirt a milk goats milk onto the honey and massage into my face. Put on a little juice beauty oil free 30spf moisturizer and let this sit into my sin for a few minutes while I dress. Then throw my powder on and go!
Evening: Pour a little honey onto my clarisonic brush head but at night (because I want a little extra exfoliation to get my makeup all the way off) I sprinkle some of the powdered goats milk from the canister onto the honey and massage it into my face. That’s it! My face is so moisturized, I don’t have to add any lotion and I am completely chemical free as I lay my head down to sleep!

I have also poured some of the goats milk onto my clarisonic without the honey and was pleased at how moisturizing and calming it was. No break outs. No clogged pours. It even lessened a big read pimple I had forming on my forehead! Although my flesh toned bumps have not gone away, they have lessened and I am happy about that!

I’ve thought about doing goatsmilk soap as the smell would probably not be as pungent but it has so many oils and my skin HATED the oil cleansing method when I gave that a go so I am leary. But I will get over the smell (it only lasts for 20 seconds anyway!) because my skin looks and feels AWESOME!

Update: I have resolved the smell issue! Put a drop or two of 100 percent pure, essential lavender oil into the milk you mix together once a week and you are good to do. This addition didn't make me break out and if I accidentally get a little stuck in my hair, it smells like lavender! My skin is still looking great with this simple mixture of milk and honey and my breakouts have lessened!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by 94020249

I have just discovered Billy Goat Soap, which I am using as a facial cleanser. Wow! It is so gentle, yet thoroughly cleanses and leaves no residue whatsoever. Leaves skin feeling great. I am using the Plain unscented one, RRP AUS$7.95 (I think), and have also tried the baby soap version which is much the same, except split in 2 for easier handling with a bub in the other hand. Can be used on newborns, which says a lot about its gentleness. I have acne prone, dry skin for the record. I will update if any breakouts etc occur.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ash333

I use "Billie Goat Soap" plain Goats milk soap bar everyday as my facial cleanser and it is wonderful. Very moisturising on the skin and removes makeup well. Goats milk is great for sensitive and acne prone skin and I believe its also anti anging so it has many great benefits. It also has a pH balance close to that of our skin so don't be put off by the fact that its a soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Girls.......do yourself a favor and go get a package of Pure Powdered Goats Milk. Mix with water, jojoba oil, honey.. whatever you wish. Make a mask if desired. Your skin will glow and your pocketbook will have much for the fun stuff. No need for $$$$ goats milk creams & soaps. This is the real deal. Package cost me $2.99 for Organic Powdered Goats Milk in Whole Foods. Creamy lather, hydrated glow. Milk has amazing skin properties. No need for all the other ingredients that are in pre-packaged goats milk products. Less is better and this is simply, the best.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No