La Roche Posay Anthelios 50+ XL Stick for lips

on 7/3/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I have the one in the twist up tube and love it. It goes on very smoothly and a little goes a long way. It seems to be a fairly generous size tube as stick balms go. Someone brought it from France recently and paid about $14.00 for it.
I'll have to try it as an eye treatment too. Can't hurt.

on 2/11/2013 10:43:00 PM

Even though this is a lip product I decided to use it as an undereye moisturizer, primer and of course, sunscreen. And it has worked great so far.
Both butters -shea and cocoa- have helped with the lines, the white cast -concealer added- camouflages the undereye circles and the thickness of the product helps the concealer from creasing.

on 8/3/2011 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have exactly the same experience with this LRP lipbalm as the girl below. It tastes toxic and left my lips with a chalky (whitish) tinge.
I loved the ROC Minesol one for years, but last year that gave me exzema in the corners of my mouth. This one doesn't, but performs very badly.
And again the taste is horrible!

I love pretty much all of La Roche Posay's products, but this one didn't work for me. It tastes toxic, is pretty expensive, and left my lips with a chalky (whitish) tinge. The deal breaker for me was its chemical taste, which despite my careful application to the front of my lips, managed to make it into my mouth. I'd pass on this one.

on 1/31/2009 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review is for the Anthelios STICK version lip balm. It comes in a great push-up tube with a slider cap so you can apply with just one hand. Its an opaque white balm that applies smoothly and leaves just a little tint of white on your lips (not chalky or scary though, just a bit pale looking). I wear this every time I go skiing or while out for an extended time in the sun and it never lets me down. My lips have never burned and don't get dried out. The formula is long-wearing and feels silky smooth on the lips. The very slight sunscreen smell is tolerable and there is not any noticeable taste (I usually don't like any fragrance or flavor). Anthelios XL 50+ stick is available in Europe and rather hard to find in the USA but worth seeking out!

UPDATE: Sadly the packaging for the USA market is being changed. This lip balm is being re-marketed as a face stick, so it now comes in an fat lipstick style container that you twist-up to apply (see Pic #2 and #3 above). In the new packaging the balm is a bigger and wider so that you can apply to the face or lips. Not as fun as the old push up applicator! continued >>

Popular Lip Treatments