Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

Worst liner I have ever tried. I bought a dark brown and it wouldn't even go onto my eye... After 10 coats in had finally showed up.

This is an ok product, not my holy grail but not the worst. I have mine in black and its def not the deepest black, but black enough that I don't notice it looking any different next to my mascara. Its pretty inexpensive, I think I paid $8 for mine. I doubt I would buy it again, because there are cheaper better liquid eyeliners out there.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

It could be that the different colors in this product have different formulas, but I am deeply disappointed in this liner in 003, Blackened Brown. I would call this coppery brown! I am definitely cool toned, and although the felt tip is a nice idea, this color clashes terribly with my (black/brown) mascara, and I feel like it makes me look as though my eyelids are red.

Normally I've really been happy with a lot of Revlon's cosmetics. I'm a newbie with eyeliner (I know, I'm a very late bloomer where that's concerned!) but I wish now, that I'd chosen the black option. I may exchange it. I also bought a charcoal gel liner (Maybelline) to try, and that plays more nicely with my complexion and eyes. I may just stick with the Maybelline.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really don't like this liner. The colour payoff is poor, I have to do multiple swipes to build it up to being fully opaque. However, if you do this before it's dry, the colour rubs off. It does last all day, but the amount of effort it takes to apply this isn't worth it.

I'm not sure why this liner has such bad reviews. I've been using this liner for years now and I love it! My entire makeup routine consists of MAC makeup except for this liner because it is cheap and works great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have oily eyelids (and I do naturally have to wear a primer) but even with some primers I still need an eyeliner that will stay on all day without a touch up. I tried the Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner and maybe I just got a crappy one but I absolutely hated it. The consistency was okay but it was far too light! So I got a bit discouraged from the black felt eyeliners until this one. This allows for a lot of control, it is very black, and have a nice consistency. The staying power is great for me and I do not have to touch it up at all throughout the day. I apply this at about 6 in the morning and I don't remove my makeup until about 10:00 at night sometimes depending on the day and this stays put. I will be repurchasing this! I have this in the colour black so I haven't tried any other colours (if they have any for this product), but I would definitely recommend this! Give it a whirl if you have oily eyelids and need something that will stay put all day.

Pros:
None

Cons:
+ Not waterproof
+ Not smudge but just 1 wipe and it's gone completely
+ Not intensive
+ Not buidable
+ Hard to apply

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't know if they still make this but I wanted to try liquid eyeliner today and I found it in my makeup bag along with one other, by L'Oreal. This is in 01 blackest black. I just put it on the outer third of the lashlines and it really improved the look of my eyes. I'd been using pencils and powders and they were too uneven and didn't last. It's been several hours and it's still there, a nice thin black line which isn't obvious but makes the eyes look so much better. I don't draw the wing as that is not a look I have ever liked on myself. Comparing it to the L'Oreal eyeliner, this one is superior because it is a very thin point and glides perfectly. The L'Oreal has a wider brush and smudges too easily while applying. I bought these more than a year ago and they weren't dried out at all. I just couldn't get into the liquid liner (didn't like it even in my teens as it looked too harsh) but now I have learned that a very carefully drawn line just at the edges can enhance the eyes without looking at all overdone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was practically my first eyeliner ever (the first one didn't work so I bought a new one) and I think it was really good! It glides smoothly and was great for my beginner eyeliner as it was easy to use. I got it in blackened brown so the pigment was average. Kinda faded and it lasted all day!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Firm tip makes it easy to apply but tends to smudge under my eyes.