August 23, 2014 | 1057 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Ivory 51

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by ddirossi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i bought this shadow on the recommendation of the MA to wear with Cement and Mahogany. this is the standard, daytime, Bobbi look for hazel eyes. This shadow simply does not show up on me! I have light skin and found that no matter how much I put on, it was as though I wasn't wearing anything. Save your money- buy a dupe form the NYX Matte line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I have this as part of the day & night shadow options palette. I also have Bone, which is my go-to base shade. Ivory is somewhat lighter than bone, but not bright white. However my main gripe with Bone is the lack of pigment - and this shade has if possible even less! It's almost like applying pale-coloured face powder, that's how transparent this is. I don't understand how people can say it "evens out" their lid colour. I have to apply it over primer to even get it to show up at all on my fair skin (Chanel ML 20/clair) With more pigment it would be a great neutral matte highlighting or base shade; as it is now it is just Incredibly Disappointing. Texture as usual is fine and silky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Gaia79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excellent shadow to be used as a base (it blends seemlessly with my fair skin) or just to even out my lids when I do not wear any other shadow. Will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by lucky27

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like bobbi brown eyeshadows, so I tried this on a whim. The color is nice but I also like bone. THis is a bit brighter than bone. I would probably purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly I am not a massive eye shadow wearer (its liner all the way for me) however, I do occasionally wear eye shadow and this is a great base, more than that this is a brilliant eye brightener for me it brightens my eyes like nothing else and a great highlighter for the brow bone too. This colour came in a few palettes I have so won't need to purchase for aons!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lovesbeautystuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After searching high and low...literally, this is the best eye base/brightner i have found. It evens out my lid discoloration and helps my eye shadows to last and blend. Also works as a nice matte under brow, inner corner highlight.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

this is s brow hightlight color for me. Its fine, okay/nothing special. I like it better than bone for sure. I have two of these (b/c of a shipping mistake) and I doubt I'd ever need to replace.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 5:16:00 AM More reviews by lizchewy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought bone originally but found it was too yellow based for me. I asked the SA for an alternative and she suggested Ivory. I use this almost everday as my brow highlight and also for helping to blend my crease if I've been too heavy handed. It is a smooth, matte shadow which doesn't look chalky when I apply it. It's also the 1st of the square BB shadows I own that I've hit the pan in. I'm waiting to see how it will last in the palette - will it beak up when there's still loads left?? If the pan survives well I will repurchase. Update - used every last scrap of this without it disintegrating into a chalky mess - have repurchased

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As an afficianado of ivory eye shadows and having used the best by Calvin Klein (shell) now discontinued very sadly, and I'm very disappointed with this. This shadow does not apply smoothly, it applies like flour or talc on the skin, you have to layer it repeatedly to get the true colour and so therefore it ends up looking drying.

The colour itself, once you've applied it repeatedly to get the colour showing, which will still be patchy, is disappointing, it doesn't seem to have the very subtle yellow base tint an ivory should, and slight yellow base is so useful for negating a blueish pink tint of the natural lids and makes them look younger and fresher This shadow does not, on my PPP skin, it's dead looking and dull and is so sheer it hardly lightens my lids at all! I think there simply isn't enough pigment in Ms Brown's es, the brand is way over priced but can easily be beaten for quality and value by Rimmel. A Rimmel es of the same size and more pigment would cost less than 1/8th of this rubbish. I do not recommend any bobbi brown es, I don't know why she has such a good reputation, chemists cheapo es are usually much better quality and saves you 's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect base, outline or highlighting colour. Perfectly matches my very light skin tone so probably would repurchase. The shadow has a very nice silky texture, good staying power, is easy to blend and mix. The only trick is that they can not be applied with a wet brush. I love that these eye shadows can be put in a pan palette, which is very convenient and space-saving.