Bobbi Brown Ivory 51

3.5

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Bought Ivory as part of the Cool Eye Palette. The palette is comprised of: Ivory, Pink Quartz Metallic, Marble Metallic, Stormy Grey, Almond and Smoked shadows and a double ended brush (see later reviews for the other shadows).

I'd love to like this shadow. The palette was (I thought) a terrific bargain. The shadow colors are terrific in the pans. Ivory is a light but not stark base color for any eye shadow look. However, as another reviewer observed, it's positively undetectable on some skin, mine included. I thought this might be the fault of the included brush, however, I have also used a MUAC shadow brush now, as well as my fingers. It's difficult or impossible to see much difference between my eyelid with or without this shadow.

It also seems to me, writing this review in mid Winter, that this and possibly the rest of the palette are very, very dry shadow formulas. What I mean by that is that my lids feel dry and even a bit itchy when I wear these shadows. I tried a face primer on my eyelids with them, thinking it would help make the shadows more intense. I don't usually use primers so I thought the itch might be from the primer. However, the discomfort is still a problem, on freshly cleansed, moisturized skin. It isn't terrible, there's no redness of the skin and it doesn't worsen, nor do my lids swell. The rest of the palette applied over the Ivory looks rather nice -- although quite a subdued eye look.

The packaging is very attractive and feels substantial. The case is tortoiseshell-look acrylic, with a mirror the full length of the palette lid. I am not a big fan of double-ended brushes, but the brush may work for other shadows but I'm opting to use brushes from my collection instead.

I think that perhaps if you have eyelids that tend very oily, you may find this shadow works really well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i bought this shadow on the recommendation of the MA to wear with Cement and Mahogany. this is the standard, daytime, Bobbi look for hazel eyes. This shadow simply does not show up on me! I have light skin and found that no matter how much I put on, it was as though I wasn't wearing anything. Save your money- buy a dupe form the NYX Matte line.

I have this as part of the day & night shadow options palette. I also have Bone, which is my go-to base shade. Ivory is somewhat lighter than bone, but not bright white. However my main gripe with Bone is the lack of pigment - and this shade has if possible even less! It's almost like applying pale-coloured face powder, that's how transparent this is. I don't understand how people can say it "evens out" their lid colour. I have to apply it over primer to even get it to show up at all on my fair skin (Chanel ML 20/clair) With more pigment it would be a great neutral matte highlighting or base shade; as it is now it is just Incredibly Disappointing. Texture as usual is fine and silky.

Excellent shadow to be used as a base (it blends seemlessly with my fair skin) or just to even out my lids when I do not wear any other shadow. Will definitely buy again!

I like bobbi brown eyeshadows, so I tried this on a whim. The color is nice but I also like bone. THis is a bit brighter than bone. I would probably purchase again.

Firstly I am not a massive eye shadow wearer (its liner all the way for me) however, I do occasionally wear eye shadow and this is a great base, more than that this is a brilliant eye brightener for me it brightens my eyes like nothing else and a great highlighter for the brow bone too. This colour came in a few palettes I have so won't need to purchase for aons!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After searching high and low...literally, this is the best eye base/brightner i have found. It evens out my lid discoloration and helps my eye shadows to last and blend. Also works as a nice matte under brow, inner corner highlight.

this is s brow hightlight color for me. Its fine, okay/nothing special. I like it better than bone for sure. I have two of these (b/c of a shipping mistake) and I doubt I'd ever need to replace.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought bone originally but found it was too yellow based for me. I asked the SA for an alternative and she suggested Ivory. I use this almost everday as my brow highlight and also for helping to blend my crease if I've been too heavy handed. It is a smooth, matte shadow which doesn't look chalky when I apply it. It's also the 1st of the square BB shadows I own that I've hit the pan in. I'm waiting to see how it will last in the palette - will it beak up when there's still loads left?? If the pan survives well I will repurchase. Update - used every last scrap of this without it disintegrating into a chalky mess - have repurchased

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As an afficianado of ivory eye shadows and having used the best by Calvin Klein (shell) now discontinued very sadly, and I'm very disappointed with this. This shadow does not apply smoothly, it applies like flour or talc on the skin, you have to layer it repeatedly to get the true colour and so therefore it ends up looking drying.

The colour itself, once you've applied it repeatedly to get the colour showing, which will still be patchy, is disappointing, it doesn't seem to have the very subtle yellow base tint an ivory should, and slight yellow base is so useful for negating a blueish pink tint of the natural lids and makes them look younger and fresher This shadow does not, on my PPP skin, it's dead looking and dull and is so sheer it hardly lightens my lids at all! I think there simply isn't enough pigment in Ms Brown's es, the brand is way over priced but can easily be beaten for quality and value by Rimmel. A Rimmel es of the same size and more pigment would cost less than 1/8th of this rubbish. I do not recommend any bobbi brown es, I don't know why she has such a good reputation, chemists cheapo es are usually much better quality and saves you 's.