August 30, 2014 | 1811 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Concentrated Serum, Night

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by spunky456

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin type: NC 20, combination normal/dry, sensitive, occasional breakouts around my chin that leave me unhappy with hyperpigmentation spots. I'm 34.

I picked up this, and the day-use partner product with SPF 30, when I had gotten over a bad breakout and was sad with the super-dark pigmentation scars that were left behind. I've been using them in combination for about three weeks now, every night. The rest of my regimen is Clarins stuff.

PROs:
- seems to have improved the lightening of my dark (and most recent) acne scars - would these have lightened up in this time anyway? Probably. But it seems to have done it speedier than expected
- minimized new breakouts - none yet, which is a nice surprise
- overall skin texture is smoother and more firm looking -- I have actually been using my foundation MORE now because it applies so much nicer!

CONs:
- Initially had problems with redness and flaking and irritation on my sensitive cheeks. Coped by slathering on more moisturizer at night and it went away
- I absolutely MUST use sunscreen during the day while using this
- have to let the product totally dry and sink in for a minute before applying moisturizer on top, otherwise the products seem to "curdle" on my face leaving little blobs and streaks (blech)
- quite perfumed. It's a nice scent. But my sensitive skin is already just handling the (effective but) irritating ingredients without adding anything extra that could make it worse

Overall, good product with a mild spot-fading effect and very good improvement of skin texture. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, 3 tubes so far....and if I don't replace it soon after running out, my skin gets sad. Medium cremosity, smells fresh, perfect travel packaging (squeezy metal tube & no bulky plastic pieces). I don't use nightly, but when my skin is looking tired I grab it up and slather a touch on - just a pea size! Then Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Night Cream and voila! In the a.m. blemishes have mellowed out and skin is plumped up and fresh! Sometimes I use it alone...dab a bit on, let it soak 3 min., then scrub lightly with barely damp washcloth.....takes dead skin off! Then I put it on again and leave it there. I often live in ultra-high humidity and this does not clog my pores at night! My skin reacts well to Neutrogena products and I don't know what I'd do without 'em! Only reason for 4 stars is that product should be mind boggling to get 5 stars.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

This product didn't do anything to improve the sunspots on my face. For me, it did act as a nice light moisturizer. However, this may not be true for everybody (the description warns that redness, tingling, and flaking may occur for some people). The label calls this a serum. However, the texture is more like a light cream instead of a serum. Although the product does have a nice, light scent, I would have preferred if it were unscented/no fragrance added.

Overall: Pass. For me, it didn't improve my sunspots at all.
Alternatives: Still have my sunspots, so I'm still looking for a product that will reduce them while avoiding any extreme side effects.
Value: Bad, mostly because I found the product to be ineffective.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by tmmkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first purchased this to help get rid of some dark spots left over from acne, and because of the retinol in it, i hoped that it might help my skin break out less often. It really makes a diffence in how quickly my dark spots fade, and also helps even the texture of my skin out. I did notice a decrease in the amount of breakouts i get, and now only have pimples a few times a month.

This is a holygrail product for me. I have been using it for 16 months and really can't imagine my skincare routine without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by purrbox5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

When I first put this on my face, I knew I was going to like it. It made my face feel so soft and smooth, lines around my mouth & eyes are less noticeable & the scent is nice. It didn't do much for my age/acne spots which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars. Would buy again but will continue to look for something to lessen the appearance of spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Hautepants

This stuff started working for me in one night. Loved the feel of it on my face...super lightweight and I love the fresh clean smell. Really great fir the price. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product! I use this and after 5 minutes I then apply Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night and in 2 days my freckles are lighter, my sun spots are a bit lighter, my skin tone is even, my facial lines are almost non existent, my skin is smooth and soft. I get so many compliments and people can't believe I just turned 40.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by imawonder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an update: My review for this is under another account username *TssK* - Which i no longer use.. due to a deleted email. On with the updated review- My skin still welcomes it with open-arms..(or is it open-face?..i knw..warped since of humor:) And the over-all clarity..yes..im in love with my face..lol IS GREAT! which is all im looking for..(as of now..haha) As long as i rotate a few products, to where my skin doesn't adapt, it still does its job! Is it a miracle product? Of course not! (for me tho..) its the next best thing..HG! ALL THE WAY!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by SMOOTHGIRL

Did make some difference (lightening) in my age spots on my face, but broke me out terribly so it is not worth it because acne is how I developed the spots in the first place.

My skin is so acne prone and sensitive I cannot use this, but if this is not your issue I would recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is terrible. Even though I used it every other night and put moisturizer over it, my skin turned into a dry, flakey red mess. I tried to stick it out thinking that my skin would get better, but it never did.