Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Concentrated Serum, Night

3.7

Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Ppg 10 Cetyl Ether, Arachidyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth 20, Soymilk Powder, Behenyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Salicylic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Bht, Phenyl Trimethicone, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Seed Extract, Aracyhidyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Laureth-7, Retinol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Isoceteth 20, Disodium Edta, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Fragrance (1206-158).

on 6/23/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My skin type: NC 20, combination normal/dry, sensitive, occasional breakouts around my chin that leave me unhappy with hyperpigmentation spots. I'm 34.

I picked up this, and the day-use partner product with SPF 30, when I had gotten over a bad breakout and was sad with the super-dark pigmentation scars that were left behind. I've been using them in combination for about three weeks now, every night. The rest of my regimen is Clarins stuff.

PROs:
- seems to have improved the lightening of my dark (and most recent) acne scars - would these have lightened up in this time anyway? Probably. But it seems to have done it speedier than expected
- minimized new breakouts - none yet, which is a nice surprise
- overall skin texture is smoother and more firm looking -- I have actually been using my foundation MORE now because it applies so much nicer!

CONs:
- Initially had problems with redness and flaking and irritation on my sensitive cheeks. Coped by slathering on more moisturizer at night and it went away
- I absolutely MUST use sunscreen during the day while using this
- have to let the product totally dry and sink in for a minute before applying moisturizer on top, otherwise the products seem to "curdle" on my face leaving little blobs and streaks (blech)
- quite perfumed. It's a nice scent. But my sensitive skin is already just handling the (effective but) irritating ingredients without adding anything extra that could make it worse

Overall, good product with a mild spot-fading effect and very good improvement of skin texture. Will repurchase.

on 8/8/2013 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Yes, 3 tubes so far....and if I don't replace it soon after running out, my skin gets sad. Medium cremosity, smells fresh, perfect travel packaging (squeezy metal tube & no bulky plastic pieces). I don't use nightly, but when my skin is looking tired I grab it up and slather a touch on - just a pea size! Then Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Night Cream and voila! In the a.m. blemishes have mellowed out and skin is plumped up and fresh! Sometimes I use it alone...dab a bit on, let it soak 3 min., then scrub lightly with barely damp washcloth.....takes dead skin off! Then I put it on again and leave it there. I often live in ultra-high humidity and this does not clog my pores at night! My skin reacts well to Neutrogena products and I don't know what I'd do without 'em! Only reason for 4 stars is that product should be mind boggling to get 5 stars.

on 1/8/2013 12:36:00 PM

This product didn't do anything to improve the sunspots on my face. For me, it did act as a nice light moisturizer. However, this may not be true for everybody (the description warns that redness, tingling, and flaking may occur for some people). The label calls this a serum. However, the texture is more like a light cream instead of a serum. Although the product does have a nice, light scent, I would have preferred if it were unscented/no fragrance added.

Overall: Pass. For me, it didn't improve my sunspots at all.
Alternatives: Still have my sunspots, so I'm still looking for a product that will reduce them while avoiding any extreme side effects.
Value: Bad, mostly because I found the product to be ineffective.

on 10/24/2011 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first purchased this to help get rid of some dark spots left over from acne, and because of the retinol in it, i hoped that it might help my skin break out less often. It really makes a diffence in how quickly my dark spots fade, and also helps even the texture of my skin out. I did notice a decrease in the amount of breakouts i get, and now only have pimples a few times a month.

This is a holygrail product for me. I have been using it for 16 months and really can't imagine my skincare routine without it.

on 9/24/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When I first put this on my face, I knew I was going to like it. It made my face feel so soft and smooth, lines around my mouth & eyes are less noticeable & the scent is nice. It didn't do much for my age/acne spots which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars. Would buy again but will continue to look for something to lessen the appearance of spots.

on 5/29/2011 4:25:00 AM

This stuff started working for me in one night. Loved the feel of it on my face...super lightweight and I love the fresh clean smell. Really great fir the price. Would buy again!

on 5/22/2011 2:22:00 PM

Fantastic product! I use this and after 5 minutes I then apply Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night and in 2 days my freckles are lighter, my sun spots are a bit lighter, my skin tone is even, my facial lines are almost non existent, my skin is smooth and soft. I get so many compliments and people can't believe I just turned 40.

on 4/14/2011 11:42:00 AM

This is an update: My review for this is under another account username *TssK* - Which i no longer use.. due to a deleted email. On with the updated review- My skin still welcomes it with open-arms..(or is it open-face?..i knw..warped since of humor:) And the over-all clarity..yes..im in love with my face..lol IS GREAT! which is all im looking for..(as of now..haha) As long as i rotate a few products, to where my skin doesn't adapt, it still does its job! Is it a miracle product? Of course not! (for me tho..) its the next best thing..HG! ALL THE WAY!

on 3/8/2011 10:23:00 AM

Did make some difference (lightening) in my age spots on my face, but broke me out terribly so it is not worth it because acne is how I developed the spots in the first place.

My skin is so acne prone and sensitive I cannot use this, but if this is not your issue I would recommend.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is terrible. Even though I used it every other night and put moisturizer over it, my skin turned into a dry, flakey red mess. I tried to stick it out thinking that my skin would get better, but it never did.

Popular Treatments (Face)