Mary Kay MK Signature Base Coat

1.0

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this as a freebie at a Mary Kay party. Not a very good base coat. It's the only nail polish I've ever used that's left little bubbles on my nails. It almost never dries smooth, even if I buff my nails first. I works with some of my nail polishes, but whenever I use an OPI lacquer it doesn't adhere to my nails. My mani will start to peel off the day after I paint my nails. This is a problem because OPI is so expensive, I certainly don't want to be wasting so much of it. And darker polishes HAVE stained my nails when I've used this. Basically... it doesn't do anything a base coat SHOULD do.
The packaging is pretty- the cap is an interesting shape and the liquid is purple- but it's a pain to open. The lid is too smooth to get a grip on and sometimes the plastic part of the lid will come off and the actual stopper for the polish will remain in the bottle. That's annoying.
I guess I'll keep it and use it with cheap, light-coloured polishes. But 'm getting a better base coat ASAP. Dunno how much this actually sells for, but thank God it was free.