December 18, 2014 | 1695 users online

Lipstick - Dior - Addict High Shine - 214 Nude Silhouette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color. Its a MLBB on me. I have kind of pinkish olive light skin and highlighted brown hair. I find this color is perfect for everyday, gives my lips a tiny hint of color, keeps them moisturized, but isnt over the top. What I really like is to layer the Guerlain Kiss Kiss in the pink color on top of this and it looks fantastic, like a pinkish natural glossy lip. It really helps the gloss stay too. Yes its expensive for a day to day MLBB lipstick but I really havent found any others that are truly MLBB colors. I like to use NARS belle du jour (which is a little lighter than my lips but gives a light peachy look), YSL Rose bergamesque (another nudey pink), and recently bought the Dior black tie addict as well. I have to say that Silhouette is the most wearable of all my lipsticks, prob followed by the NARS and then YSL. I highly recommend. Doesnt dry my lips out or accentuate flakes either, rather I find it quite moisturizing. yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by joliezondag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've bought a high shine lipstick before in a more brown colour. Didn't really like it, but with concealer under it, it looked more nude on my lips than this one. It makes my lips look very fake. But when I aply a bit of concealer very lightly and then very lightly apply the lipstick, it looks OK. But I have to be honest, that I tried a lot of nude lipsticks and haven't found the perfect one yet. I guess my natural lipcolour is a hard one to make nude :p

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by ichiban1

My new fav nude lipstick !!! This formula is perect i swear lol its sheer yet pigmented so that on my very pigmented lips it actually shows up as nude. The lipstick is sorta like those lipsticks that are moisturizing enough where u dnt need a lip gloss over it. Literally the only bad thing about this lipstick is the price- $26 i believe, but its so perfect i love it. And the packaging is so nice and luxurious looking-do give this lipstick a try ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by iciclerain

the perfect nude lipstick. I also have the high shine lipstick in 614 (pink), which is much more shimmery than this one. It is moisturizing and smooth. definitely a keeper

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by honeyandsweets

This lipstick is absolutely luscious. For something so sheer, I wouldn't expect a color payoff this good, but there it is! Looks like a light caramel beige in the tube, but turns to a lovely nude with just a hint of peach on the lips. When I swatched it on the back of my hand, I noticed a sheer bit of shimmer, but, oddly, none showed up on my lips. No weird smell, no gross taste. As for the texture, it's divine, just like silk. It's incredibly moisturizing on it's own, so it's a wonderful alternative to so many other lipsticks that can be majorly drying. Only problem is with such a soft, balm-like consistency, it's liable to smudge and the staying power is pretty limited, so I took off one lippie. So far, this one ranks in a close second to NARS's Chelsea Girls for the ultimate HG nude lipstick.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by JoniGirl

Ahhh... our quest for the perfect nude lip!! I'm not ready to say this is the one, the ONLY one, but it sure is one of the ones. My idea of the perfect nude lipstick is one that will make my lips look subtle, sexy, healthy, and pouty. Too many of the beige/pinks make me look like a corpse or have give my lips a weird grey/purple tinge. This one, this one is a keeper. Enough color to soften my natural lip color, sheer enough that the look is soft, and enough pink to make it pretty, and the finish is moist, not glossy. It is more pink/peach than beige, so if you want that all-beige nude lip, this is not it. For me, it's a nice pink/peach/beige blend. I can wear this with a dramatic smoky eye and the little black dress. I'll also wear this on the weekend with shorts, a tank-top, hair in a pony tail and minimum makeup. Love it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No