November 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Styling Products - Life Brand Thickening Hair Gel with Soy & Wheat Complex for Men

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I came across this gel @ Shoppers in the hair section for men (which includes shaving cream and all that other stuff). I liked the fact that it was alcohol free and that it claimed to thicken thiining hair and protect it from pollutants. the recent Life Brand hair gels, I was not impressed with in the least, but his one, as per the ingredient list, had some good stuff like soy, wheat, panthenol, etc. I am not too crazy about the scent, as it is designed for men, but it is nothing obnoxious; its somewhat fresh and gets diluted with the other stuff I put in my hair. It is a strong hold gel. I do not have thiining hair, as such, but I figured that I would like to use a gel that improves the texture of my hair and is alcohol-free. This gel can be a little sticky once applied, but goes away afterwards, provided one does not use too much. I mixed the gel with Life Brand Honey Nut serum and I was pleasantly suprised--my curls were nicely defined, while my hair still had a fair degree of flexibility and movement as opposed to a "helmet head", Lol! My hair is fuller but not frizzy or fuzzy and my hair feels soft, so it doesn't leave a tacky feeling or crunchy/dried out. If I apply it oo close to my head it has a tendency to flake. That said, I concentrate on putting the gel at the mid-lengths and ends of my hair. so far, this is pretty good, much better than the other Life Brand gels. This one is bit more costly in that it is 150 ml and sells for $5.29, whereas the others are $2.99 for bigger bottles. IME, this is a much better buy, the product works better and seems to last a long time. The packaging is nice; the gel is colorless and comes in a clear, flat flip-cap wide tube which is grayish-silver. Overall verdict: Great gel when mixed with serum: gives great hold, does not frizz and improves the condition of my hair. Now I hope Life Brand comes out with a range of good hair gels like they used to. Will repurchase.UPDATE: This is still a good d/s gel, but I prefer Tressemme Bouncy Curls gel because it is less sticky and does not flake.