Revlon Matte Lipstick - Pink Pout

on 1/21/2015 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Awful. Drying. Read somewhere this is a dupe for MAC's Snob lipstick. NO WAY! Snob is goregous-this is not. This dupe is poop. ):

on 12/9/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Chalky.

on 11/8/2014 10:16:00 PM

Too seriously drying on the lips.The color is too pale but that is hard to tell because on the outside looks gorgeous until you get it on. Chalky too.

on 10/14/2014 11:13:00 PM

Revlon, once again, proves its dominance of drugstore lip products.
Pink Pout is a color that I've seldom seen before; you won't find too many variations of cool, light, purple-toned pinks that do not look like something Nicki Minaj would sport. I was a bit worried about how it would look on me; I'm warm toned and light-skinned. It looks surprisingly flattering; the cool tone provides a lovely contrast with my warm skin, and it's not too much lighter than my natural lip color. You can see the purple undertones well. I absolutely love pairing this color with a lavender gloss; L'Oreal Colour Riche in The Mystic's Shine is a perfect complement to this lipstick. The look of this lipcolor is very modern, chic, and adds an unexpected pop of color. Loving it /so much/.
Also, the texture is very smooth. I haven't had any problems with this lipstick being dry; in fact, it goes on very creamy. You can get opaque color in only one swipe. Also, unlike most lipsticks, it stays creamy and makes my lips look fuller.
Its staying power is exceptional. Pink Pout doesn't dry out my lips at all. I can eat and drink with this on and it won't all immediately come off. Of course, it's not a lipstain, but it's exceptionally resilient to daily trials. The color doesn't run or fade at all.
I love the packaging; it's matte, just like the lipcolor, in a black tube with some silver accents and a clear top to the cap. Pink Pout isn't a bulky lipcolor. Its price really caps off the entire package; Revlon lipsticks average around $6. The color and quality of this lipcolor are just undoubtedly excellent; I would definitely repurchase and recommend.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This colour should not suit me, its a cool toned pale pink...yet it does suit me (with the help of a bit of brown lipliner - hence the four stars)

When Tyme the Infamous in her favourite lipstick video said MAC snob looked great on NC45 skin I thought "ppffftt" (I may have actually said that to my laptop screen), but when I found this as a dupe I thought I'd test her theory.
Lo and behold she was right. I am still in shock, it looks a lot like MAC's Playtime lipstick (which I've recently finished) when I put Illamasqua's Boost over it.

I tend to wear this matte with lip liner for work(!), but I can wear one coat and gloss on top for going out. The texture of the Revlon mattes is prone to pilling like a sweater, but seems to even out with a bit of lip balm underneath. I've seen the dupe pages and this seems to be slightly darker than Snob, so overall I would advise breaking out the brown lipliner and asking an SA at MAC to try Snob and if the colour suits you but the texture or brightness doesn't, get this instead.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe it took me 25 years to purchase this lipstick, just because I thought by now I'd snapped up every pale to medium pink shade on the drugstore shelves :) Well, I guess not. I saw the rave reviews on this little number was getting and thought "why not"? Revlon is a reputable brand that's been around forever and the color looks totally my style on the swatch on the bottom of the tube (a pale but pigmented warm pink- similarly to MAC's Angel- which is my go-to). When faced with a choice between running to CVS and spending $8… and running to the MALL and spending $15… the choice is obvious. So I bought Pink Pout along with um.. another shade, the name escapes me at the moment, but I'll do a review after I get around to wearing it.

Anyways. Fast forward $86 (we know how these trips to CVS can end up) and I open the tube and… disappointment immediately sets in. It almost looks purple in the lighting I was seated in, like a medium, very cool-toned lavender. I was so mad that the color was so different than what they put on the bottom (which is the only reason I knocked off a lippie). BUT, after closer examination, realized it was pink, a cool-toned pink, yes, but pink nonetheless. Still very different from what was depicted on the bottom (WHY can drugstore brands never seem to get it in the ballpark?)

Now, this is no MAC Angel, it draws comparison to MAC Snob, and rightfully so. I don't wear cool-toned colors very often so I plan on only breaking this out maybe once or twice a month, but when I gave it a test run this past week, I was pleasantly surprised. It has decent staying power, stays on your mouth even after a couple drinks, looks GREAT with this lip liner: Maybelline Line Stylist in PINK (#110), has no odor, it is truly matte and I noticed NO DRYING whatsoever! Wow what an awesome surprise that was! I realize some gals on here have had this problem, my advice: a little vaseline under it, and gloss over it if you don't mind that look. But I didn't notice drying at all. So, I will be repurchasing if only because once in a while the color will come in handy and it definitely does what it's supposed to! May not be my favorite color, but it has many redeeming qualities!

on 4/22/2014 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am a 8.5 in macs matchmaster and this is like the perfect pink lippie for me! even though it seems like a really light pink I can wear this without a lip liner. I gave this a 4 because it is quite drying. but I would for sure repurchase.

on 3/14/2014 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Is very chalky looking nd it tries my lips out

on 3/10/2014 1:44:00 PM

I know this is matte lipstick, but looked like a chalky mess on me. I bought it because it's a dupe of Mac "Snob" and the color is very close. But texture....awful!!! Feels & looks extremely cheap. I even topped it with some gloss thinking that would help, but the chalky/streaky-ness of it still showed through.

I LOVE Revlon Super Lustrous formula, but not this matte mess! Will return it if I can. If not, in the trash it's gonna go....unless my 11 yr old wants it.

on 3/10/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this lipstick, it's a very similar shade to MAC 'Snob'. Whilst it applies smoothly and the pigmentation is good, it settles into my lines like no other! No matter how well I've exfoliated and prepped my lips beforehand, it will not look smooth, it looks very chalky. Nice colour, but no repurchase from me!

Popular Lipsticks