August 21, 2014 | 1563 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Base Life Eclat

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MusetteRose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the pump, I love the texture, it's kinda shiny greasy, but I like the way it smooths on. The only problem is that I can't use it for liquid or cream foundations, I think it's because my skin is too dry maybe? If I don't get the liquid foundation on faster than lightning, it will start to bead up on my face, if that makes sense. However, I do find it works really well if I use foundations that are powder, like my pur minerals and studio fix by mac. I really love my cover fx anti aging primer for liquid and cream foundation, but I on days I use the powder foundations this primer is good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Marguerite

LIPPIES : If I were younger I would give Lise Watier’s Base Lift Éclat or "Instant Lift and Radiance Primer" 5 lippies as I would still have some oil in my skin and consequently would totally enjoy using this product year round, but sadly I give it a 4 as, at the age I am now, I can only use it during the days of summer – which are not too many here in Canada – or when I am lucky enough to be on vacation in Florida. :) PACKAGING : The packaging is ideal and beautiful, ideal because of its airless pump which slides easily in and out of the shiny silver top in a quick half turn, and beautiful as is all Lise Watier packaging, this one an opalescent white cylinder adorned with shiny silver letters. PRODUCT : One or two drops of the opalescent white liquid/gel is all I need to quickly cover my face and turn it into the perfect canvas for my Lise Watier or Lancôme mineral makeup application. If I decide to apply sunscreen on top of Lise Watier’s Base Lift Éclat before my mineral powder because I will be spending the day on a motorcycle, I have to be careful which sunscreen I choose – the new Clinique City Block Sheer 25 SPF is fine, but not cover FX’s Skintint FX which balls up on contact. COMPARISON : a) The new L’Oréal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Skin Re-Smoother (the one in the turquoise bottle) is similar, but instead of an opalescent liquid/gel texture, what comes out is a simple white lotion which doesn’t tighten the skin but primes it lightly. I much prefer the results achieved with Lise Watier’s Instant Lift and Radiance Primer. b) AND with Lise Watier's primer, you can tell just by looking at the bottle whether the pump is closed or not; not so with the l'Oréal bottle. Had Lise Watier’s Base Lift Éclat been available when I was younger, I would have used it every day under my powder makeup (Cover Girl, then). I will repurchase this great Lise Watier product, but sadly, only once a year. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this due to some raves I saw about the Lise Watier primers. I'm always happy to support Canadian companies.
I have to also say I'm sadly disappointed in this one. I've only used a couple of other primers...the MAC Prep and Prime and Smashbox the highly touted one..both of which did serve a purpose in making the skin smoother and application of make up was easier - it blended in well and lasted longer.

The Lise Watier one is sort of a runny slimy texture. It does glide onto your skin. I don't notice any difference in appearance or texture of my skin at all. No noticeable difference in application of foundation or longetivity of foundation.

A bottle of this is $ 33.00 CAD. Next time I buy a primer it will be MAC.