September 20, 2014 | 1485 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Moroccan Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by kansha0509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember when I first bought the body mist back in 2010 because it was the only The Body Shop product in the store. Luckily for me, I fell in love with it! It's not overly sweet or cloying the way roses can be - there's a freshness and kick to it. It's pretty and feminine, and the scent is extremely long lasting - I've had people complimenting me even 8 hours later! When you first spray it, the smell may hit you as strong and overbearing - but wait for just a few minutes. It's sweetness emerges a bit later, tempered by the barest hint of lemon and fresh, woodsy notes. I like it both in hot and cold weather, but it gets a bit heavy when it's humid. Otherwise, it's a lovely and unique scent. I layer it with either unscented or a very light, natural rose lotion and it lasts all day! I've always used the body mist (on my third bottle now) but I would love to try the body butter and edt too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on some kind of deal that I cannot remember and I had no idea how it smelled. I was pleasantly surprised when I sprayed it into the air and wafted it into my nose. I really like this fragrance and I'd repurchase this after I'm done with my current bottle which will take a while since I alternate between my many bottles of fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by nhirohas

Oriental floral. Woodsy rose. Not girly. Rose with a kick. I wear this for both work and after five. Very nice, but it smells same from the beginning through the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Ive got this range in the body milk.. I have been keeping it on my shelf since 2011, but still loving it until now <3. The scent is like roses mixed in a little bit powdery notes, smells pretty. I feel beautIful everytime i used this body milk hahaha. The point is, the scent is a bit warm, feminine, and beautiful. Even though it may be sharp when you spray it, but honestly the drydown of this product makes me mesmerized, and it lingers for 3 hours before it fades. The scent is not that strong and nose-bothering :D. Second, it comes in milk-like liquid, but moisturise enough my dry skin. The packaging comes in a tall spray bottle, what a beautiful appearance. Its pink and it has printed roses on the packaging. The price may be hurting your wallet, but not as expensive as the body butter, plus it worths. Will repurchase it later :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lattevaniglia

The Body Shop is discontinuing this fragrance and replacing it with Atlas Mountain Rose from their new line, Scents of the World. That one I found to be slightly sweeter than Moroccan Rose, but the difference is subtle. Anyway, I'd been looking for a nice everyday-wear floral perfume and at $12.50 a bottle, this was a steal! I sprayed it on last night and when I woke up this morning I thought, "What is that wonderful smell?" And I realized I was still wearing Moroccan Rose. My sister immediately commented "You smell good!" when she went in for a hug, so it is quite noticeable. On me the lemon is very much pronounced, since my body chemistry tends to bring out the sour note in most perfumes. That isn't a bad thing for Moroccan Rose, though -- it keeps the flower from being too powdery, so the scent is a delightful, youthful, doll-like rose. It smells almost exactly like the rose extract my other sister uses for baking. Many have commented that the scent doesn't last long, but I'm glad to report that it does! I'm currently wearing it in the winter although I imagine it'll sparkle more in the spring/summer. That being said, "Moroccan" doesn't really match the image I get from smelling this perfume on myself...but maybe that's just me! Highly recommend, especially because of the price! UPDATE: I have been wearing this fragrance for a week now, and I fall more and more in love with it as the days go by. The scent does last several hours on me, even through the night (I spray a lot as soon as I step out the shower, and also scent my clothes with it. Moroccan Rose is light enough that doing this doesn't make me gag. However, by then it develops into more of a skin scent.) And, since fragrance depends on body chemistry and weather, this smells a bit different on me every time. The "doll-like rose" I commented on before is now complimented by a fresh, earthy aroma -- it must be the cedar! I am reminded of forest flowers, and as a forestry major, all I can say is wow!!! Moroccan Rose is a really well-blended scent, and I love that it changes on me (the woodsy, clean, green, flowery smell is just so lovely in the winter!) I think this will be my new signature scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I usually hate perfumes. All I can smell is that sharp hairspray-like scent. I can actually smell the floral scent of this perfume. It's very nice and I actually can't get enough of it. It's not at all overpowering; my dog is comfortably sleeping right next to me at the moment. I think I'm going to buy more before the sale is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by PerfumeFaerie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this today, and my first impression is very good. This is very much like Paul Smith Rose, but less expensive!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by tessture

A juicy bright, wonderful rose with no powder notes at all, yay! The lemon keeps it sparkling, which tempers the rose nicely. Only down side is that it fades super fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product last week in The Body Shop sale (online), after reading fairly mixed reviews. I love it. It reminds me of travelling around the south of Spain when I was 19 - it smells of roses and spices, orange blossoms and lemon. It's feminine and fresh, but also mysterious and interesting. I like the smell best when I've been wearing it for a while. I sprayed it on yesterday afternoon and I can still smell it this morning, so the staying power is good. Also, it's reasonably priced enough for me not to feel guilty every time I spray it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I second sunnygator below me on the resemblance to Stella McCartney EDP. This is similar - not your grandma Mabel's rose, but rather a clean, soapy rose. Surprisingly nice for an EDT of $25. However, I am docking 1 lippie each for lack of staying power and the dry down, which, on me, smells a bit like mulch and rose potpourri mixed together (which I don't get with Stella). I can't get over the mulchy/dried rose note at the end - but it's definitely worth a spritz and I would probably buy it again if it was on sale - it's a great cheap gift. Packaging sucks - the spray/cap part is shoddy.