August 21, 2014 | 1880 users online

Moisturizers - Artistry - Essentials Balancing Lotion SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For a "balancing" lotion, I was expecting it to control the shine on my face. Upon application, it seems to absorb well and makes the skin feel softer. But after applying foundation, it seems to make the face too greasy and dissolves the makeup. I like the smell, the SPF (though only 15), only wished it kept the oilies at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Zoebella93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Im a big fan of the artistry essentials kit even though I only use it once a month for my personal mini facials Iam very pleased with there whole line the moisturizer is great but I only use if I happen to do my facial during morning or day but I wouldent use it as my everyday moisturizer only as my back up perhaps , it has SPF 15 and absorbs great scent is nice as well but unfortunately it did not control my oils or shine as it said it would so that's y its a 4 in my book overall would be great for combo skin not super oily .

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by danamaria13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For my normal complection it was too greasy. It is true that it absorbes quickly but after a few hours, my skin becomes very shiny. This is why i don't use it in the summer. Otherwise it is a medium quality face care product (for normal skin ofcourse).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for a few years back when I was clueless about skincare and trusted my beautician at the time who was an Artistry distributor. It worked fine for me but in the end it wasn't giving me the same results so I decided to move on to something else. Now after knowing more on ingredients in skin care, this has some potentially irritating ingredients so there are much better options out there.

It was expensive to buy on it's own and with the balancing skin care set, I ran out of this first as it's so small in comparison to the Toner and Cleanser so I had 2 sets of them missing a moisturiser which took me ages to finish. Another negative is that you need an Artistry distributor to purchase their products.

Overall, it was a good moisturiser for me at the time but not one I would recommend anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

You only need a small amount to cover your entire face. It moisturizes without leaving skin greasy or shiny and it has SPF 15. I love the whole essentials balancing collection from artistry!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by anothermakeuplover

Great product! I've bought facial moisturizers from drug-stores and they're nothing compared to this. This is perfect for summer! Light and silky and gives your skin that healthy glow, you dont even need foundation anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by aishh

this balancing lotion gives an awesome balance to your face every morning. the spf helps to block out harmful rays. the packaging is great, i have no problem with it. the bottle is medium-sized, i would say. it works great for my skin and im already on my second one. smells pretty nice. you dont need alot so one bottle would last you for a long time. (:

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by joycechiang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is so gentle to sensitive/acne prone skin that it doesn't seem to do much but just hydrates the skin. I don't love or hate this product, just not impressed with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm somewhat torn about this product :

pros :
1. goes on silky smooth
2. easily absorbs into the skin without leaving that greasy tacky feeling from a lotion
3. contain spf
4. no streak!

cons ;
I bought it thinking it will 'balance' my skin condition (very oily), - but it's not. It does nothing to stop the oil.

so..yeah kinda dissapoint by the oil control properties but I will buy it again just because the pros outweighs the cons in my opinion. But still I only give it 3 stars for this product name is BALANCING...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

And now for part three of the relaunched 3-Step Set for balanced skin. I suspect this little miracle to be the most important part of the set. It comes in a beautiful little tube (very elegant, mwah!) and is a white, very light weight lotion that disappears almost immediately after you apply it to the skin. It has a lovely, very subtle flowery smell and leaves unbelievable smooth and soft skin behind. It's matte immediately and - and this is what is hard to make people believe - it stays matte throughout the entire day. You see, I have sensitive combination skin which makes it very difficult to find the right products and I used to get an oily T-zone around noon the latest, no matter what I used (read my powder and make-up reviews for proof...). And now with this? No more. I couldn't believe what I saw when I looked into the mirror around noon on the first day after using this lotion. I used to do touch ups with blotting papers by that time and all I could see on that day was perfectly matte, silky, smooth skin. Unbelievable. Even when I get home in the afternoon, there's still nothing visible on my face, no oil, not even an added "glow" - nothing. It's a perfect matte. Whoa.
And yet this lotion is still not drying out, or anything. It merely balances moisture and oil, meaning my cheeks feel perfect and not dry at all. My skin is not tense, itchy or uncomfy. It just feels perfect. I'm willing to say already this is my new HG in skin care products. I would give it ten lippies, if that was possible.
Will. So. Buy. Again!