August 20, 2014 | 1111 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Stone

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LucyJude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow this eyeshadow is AMAZING! I am a gardener so I spend most of the day in hot sun, rain or wind. Eyeshadows usually last about 5 minutes on me but this one stays on all day, no creases, no sliding... nice neutral colours for work which are very natural. This seriously is the best longwear eyeshadow around.

Negatives: waaaay to expensive as the little teeny tiny pot doesn't last long. The pot is so teeny tiny it's hard to get an eyeshadow brush in there to get the product. And please Bobbi Brown, can we have some more colour selections?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Stone is a versatile neutral shade that works well with a wide range of skin tones. It is a medium depth taupe - more brown than grey - with a slight hint of rosy mauve. For that reason, although it is a matte shade with no shimmer, Stone is neither flat nor boring. Like all the matte Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadows I have tried so far this shadow applies like a dream and stays put well with minimal creasing. And I don't even use a primer with these, whereas I usually need to prime my eye lids before applying powder eye shadows. I have light skin with cool undertones (NW15 for reference) and grey-green eyes. Although it is a neutral shadow, Stone intensifies my eye color, and it is a great shade on its own for a low key weekend look or it can be a great base for a smokey eye by adding a dark liner and crease shade. For my coloring Stone is a winner that I have already repurchased, but I found that Stone also looks very pretty on warmer skin tones. The Longwear Cream Shadows come in nice little glass jars, pretty to look at but a bit clunky for travel. The packaging is also not very practical if you prefer to apply these shadows with fingertips as over half of the product is in the bottom half of the jar, it is simply hard to get to the closer you get to the bottom. Retail is $25 per jar, the amount of product provided lasts me a few months. A little goes a long way with these, and I make sure that I close the lid tightly after each application. Unlike with the Gel Eyeliners, I have not had any of my cream shadows dry out before I could finish them. I will keep using and rebuying Stone as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first BB cream shadow and I absolutely love it. On my skin it is a beige/grey/slightly pink color that I like to blend into my crease (it blends beautifully). It is neither greasy nor dry and has a lovely smooth texture. It is long wearing, as well I can use this without a primer even though I have oily lids. I would like to try other colors in this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this for awhile now and realized I never reviewed it. This a very nice brown for days when you want a neutral look. There's no shimmer so this would be perfect for environments where you want to look polished and professional. I love this cream shadow. It seems to dry into a powder once you're applying it on the eyes. I plan to buy more colors in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

The formulation of BB's cream shadows are nice and longwearing, I just felt they were a bit sheer for my liking. The color stone is a warm, matte brown shade that can easily be worn on a daily basis, alone or under other powdered shadows.

I hate the tiny glass jar this comes in. If you use your finger to apply cream e/s, it will barely fit (and I have tiny hands). You sort of have to rotate the jar around your finger for it to work. I ended up using a small brush instead because as soon as you start making a dent in this, it gets very awkward to use with your fingers.

I would not repurchase this because although it was nice, it wasn't great. I adore Maybelline CTs 100x more than this shadow and feel the quality/formulation is same if not better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful color. I'm an NC40 and this is a great crease color paired with BB's cream shadow in Shore on the lid. It's also a great lid color when you want to look polished but not "done up". Either way, it's a staple product for the classic neutral eye. I would recommend and also I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by dawly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color - great for every day and I'm sticking to cream shadow due to the aging process. I use a brush to apply this and blend with my fingers - really not a good idea to dip your finger in any cream based cosmetic product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by pablowiley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My every day eyeshadow. Just a little product gives just the right amount of subtle polish and shading. Easy to apply with fingers or brush. I prefer to use MAC 217 for this product more than Bobbi's cream shadow brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a brown matte cream shadow with a rosy-color undertone. I originally gave this 5 lippies, changed it to 2 lippies, now I'm changing it back to 5 lippies. I thought this was creasing on me, but it turns out that you have to put on a light coat for it not to crease. If I do one light coat, wait awhile, then put another light coat over it, it won't crease. I feel like the idea of matte cream shadow is genius. These cream shadows seem to hold the color of whatever powder shadows I apply over them better than a regular primer. There is .12 oz of product in this compared to .17 oz in a MAC paint pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good base colour because it doesn't interfere with other colours, therefore it is neutral. It takes on plums, blues and greys as accents in the crease or as liners. It has incredible staying power. So if you have a wardrobe of shadows this would be a good addition to lining up your other colours. If you don't this is ok on its own as a neutral. It isn't the same shade however as the stone powder eye shadow.