September 30, 2014 | 1485 users online

Moisturizers - baby bottom butter

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by LucySmith2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Waitrose's Baby Bottom Butter for approximately a year now and love it. I use it at night all over my face, neck, decolletage and hands. It takes about five minutes to virtually disappear into my hands. On my face it takes a little longer but it's not unpleasant while it sits there. A dermatologist once told me that if when you shower in the morning you run your fingers on your face and you feel them 'slipping' it means that whatever you put on before going to be just sat on your skin instead of getting absorbed. I have never had any residue with this BBB; not once, whereas I had with other face creams.

At 2.90 for a large jar I would thoroughly recommend it; it's made my skin very soft and hydrates it really well. I sometimes even put some on in the morning before my makeup if it's a very cold day, and I have no issues with makeup staying on for the day. So I would say buy one and if you do find that it's too rich for your face you can always use it as a hand cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lemoz

It is a little heavy for everyday use but is a great barrier cream in winter and works wonders on dry patches on my ankles.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by silvertips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading rave reviews. Firstly, it smells divine, like real vanilla not fake or artificial. It's fantastic for intense moisturising. I personally wouldn't use it all over my face as it's not that dry but in the winter I use it on my nose (which peels) and my lips. Great for hands too. Lovely stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I hadn't heard of the hype surrounding this cream, I asked for it in a swap as I was intrigued, read the review below and decided to give it a go. Well it's early days but it's a really nice cream.
Label says it's just hydrogenated Olive oil with chamomile and vanilla. The scent is vanilla but not that horrid synthetic vanilla smell, it's very natural and subtle.
So far I've used it on my lips, dryer bits of face and nails and as neck cream. It has made my skin nice and soft. I think this will be a good skin wind barrier when I'm sailing and outside all day. I'm using it as the equivalent of E/Arden 8 hour cream, I'll be using it on my legs too.
EDIT; this is simply too greasy for my face and clogs me so I use it as intensive overnight hand cream - nothing else

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by etmg

this product is actually nappy cream for babies, as the name suggests. Its ingredient listing is olive oil, hyrdrogenated olive oil, chamomile and vanilla. I bought it because apparently Waitrose (supermarket in the UK) noticed the product was selling out (they sold eight years worth of stock in six months) and fdiscovered that Mumsnet members online had tried it as a face cream and were raving about it's smoothing effects on their cheeks too (on the face this time). I tracked it down at last and I have to say, it really does smooth your skin and after a couple of days the texture of my skin is really even and glowing.

I have to say I use it sparingly as I imagine it is totally pore blocking but apart from one tiny bump on my forehead I have had no problems. It is currently 1.60 but is normally 2.50 I think. It often sells out, I think I got lucky when I found mine because normally there is a note on the shelf explaining that due to unprecedented press coverage and demand the product is out of stock. If you see it, I would recommend buying it. Waitrose is part of the John Lewis partnership here in the Uk but I am not sure if John Lewis stock it. It is particularly good under the eyes. I only use it at night. Way to heavy to use in the morning. Strongly recommended. I will buy again but a tub will last ages, due to its texture, you only have to use a grain of rice amount.

Edit - this product is actually waitrose's own brand, so I am not sure it is available elsewhere. They do have an online shop though waitrose.co.uk