September 22, 2014 | 990 users online

Polishes - Essie - It's Genius

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by cutenaildezigns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm wearing this color right now and I cannot stop looking at my nails! It is such a gorgeous color and I'm so glad I found it! I got it on clearance for $5 last year and I consider myself lucky finding such a beautiful color for a great price.

The application is very nice and smooth, it's not too thick nor is it too thin. It's just perfect. The color on my nails looks exactly like it does in the bottle. I have three coats on, even though you don't need to, because I wanted the color a little darker.

GREAT JOB ESSIE!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Not my favorite polish ever, but I can't find anything wrong with it aside from the fact that I barely reach for it.

The formula is fantastic, one of the best from Essie that I've seen - it's thin but not runny, and the consistency is a bit like a jelly polish. The color is a shimmery, medium-deep eggplant violet with a semi-jelly finish, although it's opaque in 2 coats. (When you tilt your fingers, it will look noticeably darker out of the light and noticeably more violet in the light.) In the bottle, the color seems to have a gold glitter duochrome, but this is pretty much invisible on my fingers and gives the purple more of a muted look. Personally, I wish the purple was a bit more vibrant, but the dense amount of shimmer in it does it make very pretty both indoors and outdoors.

Thankfully, it's not a very "loud" polish so I feel safe wearing this to work. For those of you with extensive collections of violet or purple polishes may want to skip this one since it's not the most interesting or unique polish out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

gorgeous maroon with a gold shimmer. Part of the Winter 2008 collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a few new Autumn nail colors, and came across this one. As soon as I swatched I decided it would be great all year round. On my naturally tan (olive-yellow Asian skin), it's a pretty "red grape" color. (Some say purple grape, but tomato-tomahto). It has a hint of sparkle, but it's very very subtle. Looks good on fingers and toes (which are slightly more tan at the moment). The consistency wasn't bad in my humble opinion. My mani was opaque with two coats. Not streaky; not too thin; not too thick (but maybe that was just my batch). Overall, I quite like it. Happy to have it in my collection!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by mbquinn33

i really wish this color was more like it looks in the bottle...for spring/summer i feel it dries a little on the cranberry side so i think it would make for a great winter color! it was hot hot hot outside yesterday when i painted them so it dried kind of funky for me...will have to try again with more time

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by sabbles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this polish in the bottle, but not on my nails. The formula is terrible -- thick/gloopy and then streaky once applied. It chipped after 2 days, even with an expensive base and top coat. Unfortunately, Im still searching for an Essie nail polish that I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

The precise description of this color: The base color is a true mid tone grape purple and the effect is copper shimmer. Two coats and you will get a saturated color. I agree with other reveiwers on the consistency of this polish, it does go on goopy and thick. But, just work fast with thin layers and it will not be an issue. I experienced no streaks when applying this. I do enjoy this color because it is suitable for all seasons - not too festive and bright and not too goth and dark. The warm copper shimmer really puts a spin on the cool tone purple which makes this color unique in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! A great pinkish-purple with gold flecks, try it, just don't be surprised that it's purple! Works great with my fair skin tone. If I had named this polish I would've called it 'Roller Disco'! Can't wait to wear it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by GothamPolish

I found this one sale, it's a nifty reddish-purple color gold flecks. Can't say I've seen many colors like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

i got this in a mini collection, i would never purchase on its own but i do like it. i think it dries much prettier than the bottle shows and the shimmer does show up.
a safe color, would not repurchase because its not my style but there is nothing wrong with it.