July 29, 2014 | 917 users online

Blush - Korres - Zea Mays Powder Blush in Natural

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by kerensalee

This is absolutely my favorite, go-to blush. I reach for this one 90% of the time before reaching for any of my other blushes. I am a NC-20 and this works perfect. It stays on a decent amount of time & I always get compliments when I wear it. I am sad that is discontinued, but I seem to be able to find it on eBay.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by aprilg23

Korres blush in Natural looks underwhelming in the pan but once you put it on it transforms into the most natural beautiful warm pink with a subtle gold glow. For reference I'm nc25-nc30. The packaging is excellent and has it's own mirror and the amount you get is fantastic (7g). This blush is so finely milled and silky soft, the pigmentation is excellent. It is also one of those colours that just goes with almost anything and is difficult to mess up. One of my favourite blushers! This line of blushers has corn starch in it but they do not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

Skintone: NC27

This is what I wanted Tarte's Exposed to be. Funnily enough, I bought this first, and then later when Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes were released and the hype was strong, I later purchased Exposed.

Natural is a warm peach-brown (though I think it has some hint of pink as well) that gives a great subtle, understated flush. A little goes a long way with this. It's best to build up slowly to your desired amount, since it's well-pigmented, not to mention smooth and finely-milled. While it delivers some sheen to the skin, I still prefer to add a highlight onto my cheekbones with this. It wears well on me, about 5-6 hours, but starts to fade after that. Nevertheless, this is my go-to blush when I want a subtle and well, natural, color to my cheeks that won't try to compete with my lips or eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this blush is suitable for people with very light or pale skin.
Only one coat will not show on my skin at all. I need to use of few coats to achieve a noticeable color and even then it's very subtle to say the least.
The powder itself is not as finely milled as other powders usually are. There are coarse bits here and there. It does have a slight shimmer, which is nice. I won't repurchase because of the color.

BTW Zea May is just a nicer way of saying Corn

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this blush. I am NC20 so for me, it gives a healthy look, but NOT a makeup look. I also love the pink rosy cheeks look, and this is usually what I do, but it occurred to me one day that you really need an option that isn't "super pink cheeks", especially if the eyes or lips are more prominent! So I picked this one up based on a beauty blog recommendation. The texture is great, and it's true: it's impossible to overdo! (Which can be key if it's too early and you're sleepy.) I would definitely buy this again, and appreciate that it's a natural product. I think that on any darker complexion it would go from 'natural' to 'invisible' so unfortunately I don't think it's as widely versatile as a pinker shade would be. I also like the case - there's something about it that feels like a nice, sturdy little white box.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by zexactly

This is a gorgeous blush. It's a really natural looking peachy brown with very fine shimmers. it doesn't emphasize pores and looks great even without any other makeup on. it's easy to apply and pretty hard to overdo.
it may be because i have the old packaging (glossy dark brown instead of the white) but my blush doesn't have that buttery smooth texture :( which is why it loses points. i have to swirl my brush quite a lot to get product on my brush (elf flat top powder brush). i swatched the one in the white packaging at sephora and that was very smooth, so i just got a crappy one. i will buy this in the white packaging when i run out :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I really REALLY wanted to love this blush because of the beautiful color and the type of glow on my skin, but it doesn't give color on my cheeks. Ive been playing around with it & notice that I have to put more swipes for it to show up. Ive read the revew on it from Temptalia and thought this was PERFECT but dont get me wrong I think on lighter skin tones it will be great, but for my skin tone (NC35) , it just wasnt happening. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I highly doubt that since this is a pricey blush. Unfortunately will be returning :/

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by penultimateVII

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this blush after reading a glowing review by Christine of Temptalia (she awarded it an A rating). I've previously only bought blush in pink hues however, after having this applied by a SA in Myer Melbourne, I was converted. The shade is not dissimilar to most bronzers, however it only has a slight shimmer and does not leave you with the 'dirty face' treatment. Application is smooth and can be built up easily without the worry of looking like an oompa loompa. The packaging is sturdy, classy & practical.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by isobel00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this blush after reading a glowing review by Christine of Temptalia (she awarded it an A rating). I've previously only bought blush in pink hues however, after having this applied by a SA in Myer Melbourne, I was converted. The shade is not dissimilar to most bronzers, however it only has a slight shimmer and does not leave you with the 'dirty face' treatment. Application is smooth and can be built up easily without the worry of looking like an oompa loompa. The packaging is also wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, I love to keep the protector plastic on my products, I have myself convinced these preserve my makeup more. Instead, with my Korres blush, my beloved plastic protector has only scratched my blush, so naturally, I have disposed of it.
I seem to ALWAYS be on the lookout for the perfect contouring color. I feel that bronzers make my face look dirty, anything with an overload of shimmer will accentuate my acne scares and pores and it seems like anything I try last for all of 5 minutes unless I overdo it and walk out of the house with Tammy Faye face. I love makeup, but I want to look nature and subtle, like makeup should. I want to bring out my attributes and hide my flaws. Well, praise you blush Gods because I have FINALLY found the perfect contour. I originally bought this blush for that sole purpose, blush. I was using BM Warmth as a contour and it was just to dark. Once I tried this blush, it was perfect. I use my MAC 165 for the contour and then soften everything with NARS Laguna. (which I might return due to the shimmer) Or I will use a lovely Josie Maran bronzer I have, a nice light, shimmer free bronzer, using my 109. The resilts are beautiful. I then use my Papa Don't Peach blush and a quick dust of One Hot Minute (LOVE LOVE LOVE) and I looks like an artificial supermodel. All 5 feet of me. Consensus, this blush is best used for contouring on light to light-medium skin tones. And don't keep the plastic protector. It just scuffs up the blush. I will repurchase when I eventually run out in 15 or so years =)