November 27, 2014 | 1602 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cnguyen112

NOTE: This review is for those who have certain areas of their skin such as de-pigmentation they want to cover up.

I have a skin pigmentation on my forehead called Vitiligo. Basically, at the top of my forehead lies a circular white spot (varies for others) that that is drastically different from the rest of my skin (I'm around a medium toned gal). My case is very mild.

Having had front bangs all my life, I wanted to try something new, so, after some consultation with some nice MAC ladies, they introduced to this concealer. I bought NC30.

The studio finish concealer is thick, and to use this with the purpose of covering a de-pigmented area on my skin, I think it does it's job of concealing wonderfully. Is it thick enough to cover with a few dabs? No. It's a bit of a process; I first conceal the area in one round, and set it with a powder (I use MAC's CC Prep+Prime), and then I do those two steps a second time. Depending on how well I concealed my spot and evening it out with the rest of my skin colour, I'll do the steps again until I achieve a desired result.

Would I use it as a regular concealer for my blemishes, acne spots and eye bags? Heck no, way too expensive. However, I'm pleased with the purchase nevertheless and because I did what I wanted it to.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again is because I'm not going to be covering this area every day, but only when I want to.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

- Am I the only one that doesn't get good staying power from this concealer!? - The Coverage is great, but it fades SO quickly, even with setting power. I'm talking about 2 or 3 hours, and its almost gone! Also since it is so waxy, its hard to keep the coverage without blending away the concealer. Very disappointed with all the MAC concealers except for Pro long wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin95x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this concealer! Purchased this around two months ago (shade nc45) the hopes of finding a product which would reduce the appearance of lines in my under eyes. It did this and more! Prior to using this, I'd use at least two concealer just to counteract the darkness of my circles but now I can use this on its own and be completely comfortable. I've been using this everyday for 5 months straight and I haven't even hit pan, love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I may have found my HG concealer!
It covers up blemishes and acne scars beautifully, and doesn't break me out! Yay! I apply this with a small concealer brush and then pat and blend it in with my fingers. I also like how it has spf 35 as an added bonus, to help prevent further scarring. It has opaque coverage and as long as you apply moisturizer underneath, it isn't drying.
I have this in NC15 and it is a near perfect match for my winter skin. I expect I'll need NC20 in the warmer months. I find this important because I find it difficult to get a shade match, and when I use this for spot concealing, I don't want there to be random dots around my face that are a different colour.
It is a bit pricey, but for something that works so well, I think it is worth the price. Ideally, it would come in a more hygienic packaging format, but I don't mind the little pot.
To be noted is that this concealer won't work well for undereyes, as it is too thick. So if you are looking for an all purpose concealer, this won't be it. But, if you are looking for something to cover blemishes and spots, this could definitely be the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lfitzsimons1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Best concealer for covering acne scars and active spots wouldn't buy anythimg else! Big love for Studio finish concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Concealer is to dry. It has full coverage. It's hard to shape eyebrows with this drying formula. Can look cakey. If you do use this product I advise you to use a patting motion to apply. Get color range for all skin tones. This product is pricey at 18 dollars. 20 after taxes in Texas. I love the pot package easy for travel and touch up. Love the see thru window on package to display color. I live this Concealer but I would not repurchase because the formula is to dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by LePebbi

Pros:
Medium coverage
A small jar last a long time
Consistency is good, easy to blend out

Cons
Can settle in your fine lines
Does not cover pimples for very long if you have oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Wurtle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's the deal about this concealer.... I like it because I found the shade that matches my skin tone that blends well even without topping it off with powder. I could find a lighter and darker shades if I want as well that is within range of my skin tone (NC30).
- It can be a little dry looking on skin once applied, since it has a matte feel. I prefer using my CLEAN fingers when applying and blending on skin.
- Do not use this under your eye as concealer. It will crease!
- You can use a lighter shade than your skin tone to use as highlighter on the bottom/ top of your brows.
- Be careful not to put too much and it can cake.
- It's a little pricey for a small concealer but it lasted months to a year for me since it has a medium-full coverage.
- I am acne prone and this didn't broke me out.
- very easy to carry around since it's small. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I went to the Mac store to buy the pro longwear concealer for my undereye area but the girl recommended this. She gave me a sample in NW20 even though I usually use NC20 but she insisted the pink undertone is better....WRONG. I really didn't like it, it creased almost immediately and the texture is too dry for my liking. I'm glad was just a sample, threw it way and no...I won't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just a little better than 'okay' for me. I do like it but i feel like it could be better. i have to use a lot to cover some dark acne scars i mean i put some add a little powder and put some more. Covering a pimple can be a bit of a mission also. i use this also under my eyes along with another concealer. and its pretty good along with some thing else.

Okay getting to the point its good... not great but good.