MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

This is one of the best concealers I've ever used. It has such amazing coverage but it doesn't feel cakey on the skin. The packaging is also great as it is very small and compact and is great for travelling. The only bad thing is the price and it actually isn't that bad. I got mine at the airport so it was £12.90 but if you want to get it at a local Mac shop then it would be £15.50 which still isn't too bad if you're willing to pay that much but I would defenitely repurchase this and I would defenitely pay the price for it.

on 7/5/2015 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great concealer!
I was looking for a cream concealer to cover my blemishes, I need a few layers but pretty good medium coverage. The shade is perfect (I use NC30. Other shades: Nars Punjab, MUFE HD 123) and it blends into my skin like a dream.
I used it alone without foundation during my tropical holiday and it did not budge. Love it for my no makeup-makeup look!

on 6/28/2015 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have purchased this several times over the past 10 years or so. It is easily one of the best I've ever used.

The formula hasn't changed much since the nineties because it has a huge cult following and it's excellent. It comes in a pot with a flip-top lid like the small eyeshadows.

MAC has expanded the range of flesh tones significantly since its inception. I can, and have, actually bought and used 3 different colors over the years. Right now I'm using NW15 for undereye circles because it's a little peachy but NC15 would have been the best choice because it counteracts blue and my complexion is fair. The SA convinced me to get NW15. Both are good colors for me. (I'm Sand in Bobbi Brown.) A few years ago I went through a self-tanning phase and my complexion was a little darker so I used NC20. You may find that you can use more than one color successfully depending on the time of year and what type of flaw you are covering.

Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 costs $19 and lasts for months because it's so concentrated. I really think it's a good value if you like the texture and coverage.

It is thick. It is FULL coverage. It is not for the faint of heart. Before I discovered Cle de Peau, this was the only concealer I liked and the only one I recommended to friends.

It's a cream concealer that sets to a semi-matte finish. It will cover blemishes. It is opaque enough to cover dark undereye circles. It is a favorite of professional makeup artists. It's the one you want for photographs on special occasions. It applies best with a concealer brush and then you can blend with fingertips. If I'm out doing errands or working, I just use my fingers for touch-ups.

I personally don't have a problem with it creasing, but I don't use a lot of eye cream either. MAC makeup artists usually tell you to set it with powder and this is supposed to prevent it from creasing.

I have seen women apply concealer over crow's feet, and then complain about the product. Concealer isn't for crow's feet. It's made to cover discoloration and zits.

Recently when I had inflamed skin that looked like a rash under my eyes, this was one of the only makeup products I could use. It covered the redness and reminded me of why I fell in love with MAC in the first place. However, if you have rosacea, do test this on a sensitive spot before buying - everyone is different and I have heard a complaint or two of tingling.

As with all concentrated products, I wouldn't call it foolproof - it requires some skill to use it. If you find it's too thick for you, a good concealer with less coverage (but easier to blend) is Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. That still covers pretty well and comes in a tube with a wand applicator.

on 6/21/2015 10:29:00 AM

I use this in the colour NC20, I find it has very good pigmentation and the texture is quite creamy but dry which is great for my oily skin. I also find that a little goes a long way, so the pot lasts a good few months! (And I have a lot of blemishes!)

I use this on blemishes and under eyes.

on 6/10/2015 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stuff! This IS my foundation ! Covers my hyper pigmentation like a dream! I wear NW 50 & set it with deep dark mineralize skin finish! Amazing

on 6/7/2015 10:41:00 AM

Love this concealer. Blends in so well & covers up everything. Does not look cakey at all. I just have a small issue with the packaging, as the lid on mine broke off & it's impossible to fix. Also it is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for!

on 5/22/2015 10:26:00 AM

This is a great concealer it gives full coverage and can be applied over foundation without looking dry or cakey it is not oily. Not for the undereyes it can be drying. The color matches perfectly blend in with the foundation without look like I have light or darker color spot of concealer.The only con is that it caused tiny bumps like whiteheads around and under my nose and laugh line where I used to cover my redness also some small minor breakouts where I applied it to cover my red spots and acne scars.

on 5/10/2015 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This will cover pretty much anything you want it to, the pigmentation is amazing! I wouldn't recommend it to people with really dry skin though, as it accentuated dry patches on my skin. I bought this in the same shade as my foundation (NC15) but this pulled a lot more yellow. Overall, a great concealer for any blemishes or major discolourations.

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So I first used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in 2007-2008. At the time my color was NC50 or so I thought. NC50 seems to be the color every Chocolate Woman wears from MAC. Anyway .. I didn't like the yellowish undertone it gave my skin. It was Too yellow & at the time it left me looking very oily after a few hours .. Now today is a different story. I've found the perfect color match for my complexion ( NW40 Under eye & highlight, NW45 color correction for blemishes & discoloration due to its orange/pinkish undertone & NW50 for skin color match ). Amazing results when all three shades are blended with a damp Beauty Blender & set wit MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ( Deepest Dark ). My Makeup lasts all day, it does not oxidize to a darker shade or leaves me looking grayish or ashy. It's gives AMAZING results when you find the right color match & application technique. Now I will say it may come off a bit yellowish in pictures due to the SPF, but it depends on the lighting as well. But overall I haven't had any major issues when it came to taking selfies lol .. When my skin gets oily an Oil Absorbing Blotting sheet ( preferably E.L.F ) gets the job done. No need for touch ups unless it's truly a hot day. And living in Fl it's always hot but my makeup never melts :-D

on 5/1/2015 1:32:00 AM

I love this concealer so much! it is the only concealer I use! I don't think it is recommended to put under the eyes, since it is such a thick consistency, but I love using it under my eyes to get rid of discolouration and dark circles. It doesn't crease on me like other concealers. I also love using this on any imperfections/blemishes because it covers them like magic and makes my skin look flawless! As I said, it is a super thick consistency, so it really covers anything and everything so effortlessly! It blends like a dream, too! I can't live without this!

Top Rated MAC Products