July 24, 2014 | 1927 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2081 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jhuaniey

This is the first MAC face product I own. I'm a student so I don't usually buy high end anything but I figured that with all the hype with this concealer I'd give it a try. I have TERRIBLY DARK acne scars. Some are flaky, some are just red or blueish (I know. Gross). So I did my research and this was the concealer that everyone pointed me to. 18$? Sure. Not bad compared to the MUFE Full coverage concealer that I bought before this (38$? No thanks). The MUFE one creased like hell on me. So cakey. Aaaaand this MAC concealer did too. But definitely not as bad. The wider color selection makes color matching a breeze. I use the ELF angled contour brush (the small studio brush) and it blends this concealer beautifully and quickly. I slab this on with that brush and put some powder on for those lazy days and I'm out the door. I love this for that purpose. The coverage is okay. It covers my discoloration but definitely not those super super dark spots. It does work nicely on redness though. So if you have a new red pimple on your face that you wanna hide beautifully, this is the concealer for you. The packaging is nice and compact. I can throw this in my bag for touchups if I really need to. But the packaging is plain to me, nothing special but not a bad thing either. It's not my HG concealer for my acne spots (Oh yea DO NOT USE THIS FOR YOUR UNDER EYES. It's NOT meant for that. Cake city!) but so far this is the closest I'll get to a good concealer for that. I just haven't found my HG yet but I will definitely use this up happily.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this product definitely covers, is highly pigmented and actually comes in a shade pale enough for my fair skin... all this is outweighed by the fact that it is incredibly cakey and drying whether applied under the eyes or on a blemish. If this was the only concealer in the world, I'd still use it, but there are far better (and cheaper) options out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in NC30 to match my skin tone and NW30 for the under eye area. To be honest, this is the best concealer for minor to average blemishes because it has a creamy yet dry formula and high pigmentation to cover the blemishes and discolouration, and it could be built up an layered for fuller coverage.

For under the eyes, I tend to mix it with a thinner consistency concealer because it could be drying, but the NW range is great for this purpose.

My only concern is that the product is in a jar which could get a bit dirty as everything could stick to the surface. It also needs to be kept in the fridge if you live in a hot environment. This is not an issue for me because i am in the UK, but sometimes when it is sunny, I see it melting quickly.

Anyway, this is still the best concealer out there and could be worn alone in the days where you only want to cover blemishes without wearing foundation. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this to cover up acnes and scars. The coverage was good, but the color was off. It made me look like I have orange patches on my face. The sales rep color matched me to nc35, but the color seemed a little too dark. She also suggested nw25, but that color was weird (way too red). the consistency changes with temperature. In the winter it was hard to get it out of the pot. In the summer it looked oily. It oxidizes like crazy. It became super orange after a while. The little pot lasts a long long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The concealer ISN'T for under your eyes, if you want one to cover your dark circles get the pro longwear concealer!! HOWEVER this is perfect for covering blemishes on the skin and I've literally bought this product about 5 times. Absolutely amazing and FULL coverage for beware if you have perfect skin as it may be too full coverage for you. But for people with blemished skin like me it conceals red areas amazingly, can't complain at all. For those who love this concealer like me, I have just bought the 'full coverage foundation' which is a pro product which we can now buy online in the UK (not sure about other countries), as I was talking to a MAC makeup artists who said that it is pretty much the same product without an SPF but in a much larger container which makes it better value for money. So, the studio finish concealer has 7g of product for 15 but the full coverage foundation has 28g of product for 24.... Therefore much better value for money. However if it's your first time buying the product, get the concealer version as it lasts me a good 6 months and it's still an amazing product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer for my dark circles but it creased under my eyes. Didn't like it. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by elle918

My favorite concealer. I don't like it for under eye particularly because I prefer something more lightweight for that area. But, for covering general redness or blemishes (hormonal acne), it's fantastic. That's why I will always have one of these little jewels in my makeup arsenal.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by madison810

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It wasn't the greatest concealer and I wish I bought MAC prolong wear instead. I was in the shade NC15 and the color matched almost perfectly. Honestly I only give this product 3 lipsticks because it doesn't cover everything it said it does. It didn't cover dark spots, and really red spots on my face. It did cake under my eyes, but other then that it concealed everything else. I dropped this concealer one time and the cap broke off so I had to fix it, but after I fixed it, it never broke again when I dropped it. Overall I wouldn't buy this again because I wouldn't need it, so I am definitely buying MAC prolong wear next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

If I had to pick only a few products to use for the rest of my life, this would be one of them. It is incredible stuff. In the three years I've bene using it, I've tried various other concealers which can't even compare to this stuff. I use it only to cover blemishes and old ance scarring on my face as I find it is a little dry for under the eye area. But the tinest amount of this goes such a long way and covers impossibly well. Not only that, but it covers without looking like I'm wearing anything. If you use a lot without blending well, it can look cakey. However, with tthe way a tiny amount of this covers, you should honestly not need more. I've honestly used it nearly every day for the last three years and I still have a half pot left (gross, I know, but I do sanitize it daily). Recently I decided to try the much hyped pro longwear concealer just out of curiousity and I HATED it. It didn't perform nearly as well in any aspect as this concealer (even wear time, ironically). I sure wish I kept the receipt because I cannot for the life of me make it work. The Studio Finish will always be my HG concealer I think. I have no complaints what so ever about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer. Not only is this an amazing for concealing dark circles around your eyes and the odd blemish but this is fabulous for contouring with. It lasts all day and is soooooo easy to blend and work with!! I would recommend this to everyone with all skin types :-)